SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of September 2014 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/343711-class-september-2014-a.html)

sthlondonab 09-02-2014 02:30 PM

Just a little encouragement from a guy who joined the August Class at rock bottom and now has a month sober.

The support on here is amazing. I post often and will continue to do so. Step by step and a day at a time my life is turning around. Posting has gotten me through some tough dark days and will continue to do so. Just reading and identifying helps so much.

So post often guys, support is key and take each day at a time. The AV can be beaten daily in class!

Andy

Dee74 09-02-2014 02:35 PM

Welcome Gorc Fluxpad Nmd HalfVictory Alynn SobrietyRules Soberjim Sagittarius714 Raggletaggle Txatp ForgetfulKevin Earlyriser Striket and BlueSkies :)

Originally Posted by happyfree2525 (Post 4874218)
Wondering if I could get some advice, spoke with my husband last night about my drinking problem and HE seems to be in denial about it. I can't believe he has not noticed my struggling. He became angry with me when I mentioned getting help. He does not like the idea of an alcoholic wife I guess. So how to I handle getting help when support at home is not there from my husband. I am thankful I found SR but what if I need a little more? Has anyone else dealt with a significant other that did not think the drinking was a problem? I know it is, I have the blackouts, hangovers, upset children! It is a problem and I don't want to drink anymore!

I think it's pretty hard for our loved ones. It's hard enough for us to understand alcoholism and accept we have it.

It is sad tho that some of us just won't get the support we want from those closest to us - but that's why SR - as well as all the recovery groups out there like AA, SMART etc are there...

here's some links to some of the main players, including but not limited to AA:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...formation.html

You're not alone Happy 2525 :)
D

Dee74 09-02-2014 02:35 PM

Thanks sthlondonab :)

D

Ultramarathoner 09-02-2014 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by sthlondonab (Post 4875043)
Just a little encouragement from a guy who joined the August Class at rock bottom and now has a month sober.

The support on here is amazing. I post often and will continue to do so. Step by step and a day at a time my life is turning around. Posting has gotten me through some tough dark days and will continue to do so. Just reading and identifying helps so much.

So post often guys, support is key and take each day at a time. The AV can be beaten daily in class!

Andy

Hi All. I'm a member of August 2014 as well- with similar success.

Congratulations on joining one another! The support you provide one another will be invaluable and ultimately define the unique strength and and culture of your class.

What an opportunity!

Soberjoy1 09-02-2014 03:24 PM

Hi all, I want to join in for this month. I'm a newbie (10 days) and the support I get on here is really helping.

Thirdtime 09-02-2014 04:23 PM

Good day three here. Dinner done and EATEN......kids bathed next. My danger zone is passing. Which is typically, coming home and NOT eating right away and then downing one beer after next BEFORE I eat. Little changes in routine are helping. Onto day 4.

To all those who joined, we can do this together this month.

Thirdtime 09-02-2014 04:35 PM

Good day three here. Dinner done and EATEN......kids bathed next. My danger zone is passing. Which is typically, coming home and NOT eating right away and then downing one beer after next BEFORE I eat. Little changes in routine are helping. Onto day 4.

To all those who joined, we can do this together this month.

happyfree2525 09-02-2014 05:41 PM

Well shoot! It's only day 2 and my mind is telling me all the same crap. Just drink on weekends, never in front of your kids. Blah Blah Blah!! This really sucks!! Why does it have to be so emotionally draining. It's like all day long alcohol keeps creeping into my thoughts!
Very frustrated this evening, but going to hang in there!

AmFitWantHealth 09-02-2014 06:07 PM

Ah, I am SO READY to join this class. Husband and I were supposed to have our wedding ceremony and reception this month but postponed it until I i get healthy. This class is my calling. So happy to have found SR. :thanks

gorc 09-02-2014 06:13 PM

Made 10 days today. First weekend in a long while. Next goal September then November thenext year.

Day at a time but a minor victory is 10 days starting to feel more mentally switched on

Keep it up all

Alynn 09-02-2014 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by happyfree2525 (Post 4875343)
Well shoot! It's only day 2 and my mind is telling me all the same crap. Just drink on weekends, never in front of your kids. Blah Blah Blah!! This really sucks!! Why does it have to be so emotionally draining. It's like all day long alcohol keeps creeping into my thoughts! Very frustrated this evening, but going to hang in there!

Day 2 also and my mind almost went there...my husband who has occasional beer at dinner and never drinks at home has a case of beer in frig! I just got in from out of town and saw it.. I Didn't even touch it today..... WE MUST MOVE FORWARD! Can't go back to the way it was.

I can do all things through he who strengthens me

JJ9 09-02-2014 06:25 PM

I feel ya HappyFree! AV keeps telling me it will be fine if I just have "one" after everyone goes to bed (what will it hurt?) I know the truth rationally but it is difficult! The voice is strong but we can be stronger. We never have to be at day 2 again if we can make it through. I don't know about you but I'm really looking forward to feeling proud of myself and reaping the mental and physical rewards of one week sober, not to mention one month, 90 days and one year!! Stay strong! I will stay strong too!

Alynn 09-02-2014 07:02 PM

Hope everyone is doing well! Have a good evening. I can't tell you what a great find this group is. To know I'm doing this with others in the same boat is so helpful. take care everyone

Kaneda8888 09-02-2014 07:26 PM

Hey all

I am a member of the September 2013 class. Just wanted to welcome you all to Sept 2014 ! The memories of my early days are still fresh and it is hard. One really needs to work hard at staying sober and keep working on it. The AA popular saying is to take it one day at a time. Which is true. Simply focus on today, dont think about yesterday or tomorrow. By keeping your mind in the now, one doesn't get caught up in negative emotions such as shame, guilt, remorse or anxiety, e.g., how can one be worried about right now ?

I posted as much as I could in the first few months and received fantastic support from my class members. I would really recommend that you all do the same ! Stick together, support each other and get through one day at a time !

Dee74 09-02-2014 08:46 PM

tjanks GraceCathedral and Kaneda :)

welcome salgal and AmFitWantHealth :)

Happyfree - yeah your AV will get pretty frantic - just ignore it. It wants what you don't want. You're a nondrinker now :)

D

LadyinBC 09-02-2014 09:27 PM

Just want to say welcome to September group! You guys and gals can do this. Support each other and see how many times Dee has to start a new thread for the month of September. The more you post the more threads have to be started :D.

Luper 09-03-2014 12:53 AM

Made it to day 8 here! Hope all of you September people are doing well!

I have given up alot and lost so many things to this stupid disease. I was so glad to hear from my son yesterday. There have been so many times he should have turned his back on me, but he didn't. First thing he said yesterday was "wow..you sound really good. You're not drunk..." Hits ya pretty hard, ya know?

Hang in there everyone...we can do this!!

Dee74 09-03-2014 01:30 AM

That must have been emotional for you luper.

Thanks for dropping in LadyBC :)

D

mystified 09-03-2014 03:31 AM

Day 1 again but I'm in.

The support and (don't like to use the word but it's appropriate) fellowship that's here is astonishing. I feel lucky to have stumbled across this forum before it got too late.

Blessings to everyone on their journey to health.

Stiv 09-03-2014 04:02 AM

Welcome to all the new September classmates!

yea, mystified, without a place like this I dont know if I could be doing ths.

Day 3 here, its good to be up a little early, instead of sleeping till the last 5 minutes, then rushing to work.

We can do this!