SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of July 2013 Part 15 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/342861-class-july-2013-part-15-a.html)

Dee74 09-11-2014 09:10 PM

Yeah I would - my music collection is on a separate hard drive :faint: lol

I'd be using the ipad for making music tho - I'd still need more than 16GB tho :)

D

SnoozyQ 09-11-2014 09:24 PM

Yep Dee if i were you , I'd definitely go for the 64g you little music fiend :MusBand::MusBand::MusBand::MusBand::MusBand:

Croissant 09-12-2014 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 4893861)
Thanks Crois...I'll definitely be getting one but I might save up a little more and get one with more than 16gb capacity I think.

D

Mines 27.8GB and I currently use about 17GB...that's with over 2000 pics, 200 songs.

Dee74 09-12-2014 12:34 AM

Thanks Crois...I really need to ask my mate how much a multitracked song type deal takes up...and if you can store them elsewhere off the ipad :)

D

Croissant 09-12-2014 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 4894054)
Thanks Crois...I really need to ask my mate how much a multitracked song type deal takes up...and if you can store them elsewhere off the ipad :)

D

Yes, central storage for transfer to multiple locations needs to be elsewhere.

For example, any music I've downloaded directly to the iPad, cannot be blue toothed or stored on another computer. If I'd downloaded to a Mac, as the central point, different story.

Dee74 09-12-2014 03:45 AM

Thanks Crois. I'll definitely need to check out whether that applies to music I've created as well :)

D

SnoozyQ 09-12-2014 04:13 AM

Who made you so smart Crois ?

You clever cookie lol xxx :Val004:

Ladybug2 09-12-2014 05:01 AM

Yep, my hubby got me my iPad for my bday 3 years ago and I LOVE it!! Can't imagine not having it now. My daughter has dropped it on the hardwood floors more times than I can count and it still works :)

Croissant 09-12-2014 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 4894054)

D

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ (Post 4894266)
Who made you so smart Crois ?

You clever cookie lol xxx :Val004:

Lol, smoke and mirrors, Snoozy. Hehe.

I re-read my post....I think I was in "work" mode...lol.

Now....kitten names. My friend had cats that were always named very normal boys names. Kevin, Derek and Trevor. It was kind of hilarious, hearing someone calling out "Kevin!" To a cat.

resolute50 09-12-2014 12:39 PM

Ok,is there a tablet that the unemployed can afford? ;)

Croissant 09-12-2014 02:43 PM

You may be able to hire one, Bob. But for now, you have a computer at home, yes?

resolute50 09-13-2014 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Croissant (Post 4895166)
You may be able to hire one, Bob. But for now, you have a computer at home, yes?

I bought one of those cheap Irulu ones off Ebay.
For $65 I figured I would give it a try. :)
You know, I'm Scottish heritage, so yeah......I'm cheap.
I'll give a review at the end of next week when it arrives.

I'll be going camping this week.
Off to the ocean to do some fishing and enjoying the crash of the waves.
Sure make you feel small on this little blue and white marble seeing the power of the sea.

Dee74 09-13-2014 05:04 PM

Enjoy camping Bob :)

D

resolute50 09-13-2014 05:09 PM

Thanks Dee.
Already have the smores ingredients ready to be made at the camp fire. :)
Will be packing the car up with everything we need.

Croissant 09-13-2014 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by resolute50 (Post 4897097)
I bought one of those cheap Irulu ones off Ebay.
For $65 I figured I would give it a try. :)
You know, I'm Scottish heritage, so yeah......I'm cheap.
I'll give a review at the end of next week when it arrives.

I'll be going camping this week.
Off to the ocean to do some fishing and enjoying the crash of the waves.
Sure make you feel small on this little blue and white marble seeing the power of the sea.

Oh...well, I know nothing of their functionality. $65 spare to buy one is still pretty lucky!

Enjoy your camping trip.

resolute50 09-13-2014 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Croissant (Post 4897114)
Oh...well, I know nothing of their functionality. $65 spare to buy one is still pretty lucky!

Enjoy your camping trip.

Thanks.
The Irulu is a Chinese knock off tablet that is Android operating system.
It's a little slow,but will work for me at home if I need to check on my friends here. :)
Or read news ,emails or check out youtube stuff.

resolute50 09-16-2014 04:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sunset on the mighty Atlantic.
No great white sharks. ;)
Hope all my friends here are having a wonderful day/night.
We cut our trip short because of various reasons. Had a good time despite.

SnoozyQ 09-16-2014 05:48 PM

Bob thank you ;-)

I just love your photos xxxxx

Leshar 09-17-2014 06:40 AM

Snoozy, did you name your kitten yet?

My psychiatrist now recommends trans cranial magnetic stimulation. No meds seem to be helping. I will have a consult with the psychiatrist who specializes in this treatment.
I'm worn out and hopeless and have no joy in living. Nor, paradoxically, any hope for improvement because it always fizzles out. My psychiatrist assures me that I do not have a personality disorder. He said it would be easier if I had, because there are all sorts of therapies that might help.
I have no desire to go back to drinking. That door is shut, and I want it to remain so.
I just imagined that my depression would improve off alcohol. But I won't drink, regardless.

Hope you're all doing better than me.
How goes the work situation, Bob? Thanks for the lovely photo.

SnoozyQ 09-17-2014 07:59 AM

Leshar , hi sweetheart . Sorry things don't seem to be working , i wish i could suggest something that could work :/

I dreamt last night that i called my new kitten Mr Burns ! Good grief , where did that come from lol ...i told the girls and they laughed and thought it was hilarious .

His name now is Mr Burns lol ....when i booked him in for his vet check today they asked his name and i said um ...still deciding lol ...;-) xx. :kitty: