SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March 2013 part 30 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/338335-class-march-2013-part-30-a.html)

Dee74 07-09-2014 02:29 AM

Class of March 2013 part 30

last part here :

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-29-a-20.html

D

trachemys 07-09-2014 03:12 AM

Shotgun!

venuscat 07-09-2014 03:15 AM

^^^ LOL! That always cracks me up..... :) :)

V xx

trachemys 07-09-2014 03:18 AM

Happy to crack you up, venus.

Gilmer 07-09-2014 04:50 AM

I'm about to take my dad to the CT scan of his brain. He's as antsy and nervous as can be. Please send some prayers and well-wishes our way today!

Dee74 07-09-2014 04:55 AM

Prayers Gilmer :hug:

D

Duffster 07-09-2014 05:22 AM

Prayers headed your way, Gilmer

trachemys 07-09-2014 05:27 AM

Positive thoughts here for y'all, Gilmer.

venuscat 07-09-2014 05:28 AM

Love and prayers for your dad Gilmer.

And goodnight to all,

V xx

Gilmer 07-09-2014 07:23 AM

Thanks, you guys. As soon as we signed in, they processed us, then took us immediately back. The whole scan took a grand total of two minutes! We were in and out in fifteen!

His PCP should know the results by the end of today.

Gilmer 07-09-2014 07:24 AM

Congratulations on 16 months to Ken and Marcher today! Have fun, Sobertwins! :)

GracieLou 07-09-2014 07:28 AM

I guess I should peek my face in here. March 24th, 2013!

Keep on, keeping on!

Saskia 07-09-2014 07:29 AM

Congrats to our sober twins!

Gilmer, I'm glad the scans were fast and that you will hopefully have some answers soon! I'm saying a prayer for you and your dad. Taking care of aging parents has it's rewarding moments but also sadness and many other feelings along the way. You are a strong woman!

Gilmer 07-09-2014 07:31 AM

Thank you, Sass!

Hi, Gracie Lou! Good to see you! I've seen you around lots of threads, and I always enjoy your posts! They really hit home with me!

venuscat 07-09-2014 07:34 AM

Hello GracieLou ~ so lovely to see you here.

And a HUGE congratulations to Bud and Marcher!!! ♥♥

(((hugs)))

V xx

BuddinK 07-09-2014 10:02 AM

Hello all! Hope everyone is having a great day!

Gilmer 07-09-2014 10:03 AM

My day is going well! Thanks, Ken!

trachemys 07-09-2014 10:35 AM

Having a good day. Job interview at the staffing agency went so well they signed me up on the spot. The recruiter said they were going to promote me to higher-ups in the companies they deal with instead of as run of the mill temp labor.

Saskia 07-09-2014 10:45 AM

Congrats, Trachy! You've been sounding bright-eyed and bushy-tailed so the outcome doesn't surprise me but I'm completely delighted for you :-)

Gilmer 07-09-2014 11:46 AM

That's great, Trach! Would you like this well enough for it to be the end of your job search?

trachemys 07-09-2014 12:09 PM

No. I want to get with a company I can work with past the usual retirement age. This may be a way to find that company and the agency also does temp to hire. A company basically buys you out of the agency.

tootsl1 07-09-2014 03:41 PM

VC I am honored you want to use my words sweetie!

GracieLou, wonderful to see you here, I too have see. You around the threads, and glad you finally found us reprobates

Trachy, that's wonderful news mate!!

Bud and Marcher, congrats twins x

Dee, glad you are ok with feeling the fear and going with it anyway.

Sass, how is the house sale going??

1day have those selfish neighbours of your still not got their wifi sorted? Or have they gasp.... Shock.... Horror.... Locked it????? Aaaaargh!

All ok in Tootsville,

Marcher13 07-09-2014 04:13 PM

Good morning Marchers :)

Kenny I missed the date yesterday so you celebrate for both of us -- congratulations my wonderful sober twin. Tell Max and Jez to have a pot pie each.

It's very windy and very cold here today with some dire warnings of wind speed but nowhere near the sort of things you US east coast people had the other day.

Have a good day peeps.

1Dayatatyme 07-09-2014 04:48 PM

Happy Birthday to the Marcher twins!

Once again, stopping in at the library to catch up the Marcher doings and to say hello... neighbors are still MIA, at least the one connection that had not set up a password.

We had a very interesting storm on Monday at about 8:30pm... the temp dropped 12 degrees in about 15 minutes... tons of lightning, hail, rain; thank goodness I have not noticed any hail damage to my home.

Otherwise, all is calm, and hot.

Maybe I will set up a Paypal account so that the Marchers can support my monthly internet connection (just jokin')....

1Dayatatyme 07-09-2014 05:20 PM

And, I just wanted to add, that I have been feeling a bit down, and just posted over on the other regular thread I visit about my mood.
I really miss being able to post every day... I may just have to bite the bullet and cough up some money for internet;
I get really lethargic and that feels like depression, when the temperature begins to hit 90+ on a daily basis;
I also have a sore knee, for months, now, and the doc thinks it is arthritis and his recommendation is to swim/do water aerobics and I just don't have the motivation to do it. Work and this heat takes just about everything out of me.
The one thing that makes me happy is to think of places I want to travel to, and then search for places to stay, things to do, and cheap airfare. Now, without the internet available daily, even that is not available to me.
I know someone is going to offer me some cheese to go with this whine...but I just wanted to let my fellow Marchers who also have voiced some feelings here recently that they have some company from Colorado.
On a more positive note, at least coming to the library to use the 'net, I am also getting books and DVD's. I just picked up the DVD August: Osage County, which has gotten some good reviews, so will watch that tonight when I return home from the library.
Oh, and an update on my son and his fiancee: I think he sorted out his conflicts, and it was case of classic cold feet, and now he is ready to get married. However, he is getting mixed messages from immigration: one source is telling him he has until the end of August to get married, another source says the clock doesn't start ticking until he gets the official approval from Turkey. Crazy stuff!

Gilmer 07-10-2014 02:23 AM

Do you think Turkey will give your son and his fiancee a tough time, 1Day?

Marcher13 07-10-2014 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by 1Dayatatyme (Post 4769753)
Otherwise, all is calm, and hot.

It's wild and cold here 1Day. :abct::wintera

Re how you feel in the heat do you drink heaps of liquid?

tootsl1 07-10-2014 04:37 AM

Good point Marcher dehydration can cause all sorts of issues, I make sure and drink plenty, but the hot sticky feeling constantly and the weight of high humidity can be burdensome.

Sorry you have problems with wind Marcher! I hope Paradise resets itself shortly.

How are your Blues, Shoes? Did you get your thyroid meds checked out?

1day, there are a lot of competitive packages around for wifi these days hon, and if you think of what you are saving a month by not drinking, it is something you deserve to treat yourself to. As hubby always says ' you can't take it with you- or more graphically ' there are no pockets in a shroud'!

I hope everyone is ok with their ups and downs, keep posting, it's what SR is all about. We wouldn't be here if everyone posted 'yay life's a bowl of cherries' every day. Some days you are the pigeon, other days you are the statue.

And on that note, I'm offski

trachemys 07-10-2014 01:55 PM

Shoes? Oh, SHOOOOooooooeeees.

Got something for you:

http://img.designswan.com/2009/lifeD...ttomShoe/2.jpg

Marcher13 07-10-2014 04:25 PM

Good morning Marchers :) Well Toots Paradise hasn't reset yet, it's still windy and cold but I must admit I have a laugh for you all. One of my regular customers blew in the door yesterday and said "It's so hot in here!" I had the heaters pumped up of course so I knocked the temp down a bit -- sadly. I'm very green about most things but not heating.

1day, there are a lot of competitive packages around for wifi these days hon, and if you think of what you are saving a month by not drinking, it is something you deserve to treat yourself to.
1Day Toots is right. I save my past booze money every week and buy myself all sort of treats. Why not work out how much you used to spend and save that each week? I have saved literally thousands in twelve months and spent most of it.

Have a good Fritursday peeps.