SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of September 2013 - Part 31 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/335167-class-september-2013-part-31-a.html)

BLKDIESEL 07-09-2014 05:51 AM

~~Food for Thought ~ Humpday Edition~~
~~Banish All Excuses Today~~

Welcome to the first day of the rest of your life and the last time you ever utter a word of complaint, blame, reason, or excuse as to why you are not living the life of your dreams! Today’s Daily Word is dedicated to banishing excuses!

If you really want something, instead of complaining and feeling sorry for yourself, go out and work on the thoughts and actions that will get you your desired outcome! By any means necessary is the only attitude you need to have! Excuses don’t matter…. only results!

As we continue into this second half of the year, it is absolutely unacceptable to waste time on things that DO NOT help you get to the next level!

Banish Your Excuses FOREVER!! STOP BEING AFRAID TO FAIL, AFRAID OF SUCCESS, AND AFRAID OF WHAT OTHERS WILL THINK OR SAY ABOUT YOU!! THIS IS YOUR LIFE, AND YOU MUST BEGIN TO LIVE IT THE BEST WAY POSSIBLE!

THOSE WHO ARE SUCCESSFUL DO NOT MAKE EXCUSES…. THEY JUST MAKE THINGS HAPPEN!! ADOPT THIS MENTALITY AND LEAVE THE WEAK, EXCUSE MAKING, COMPLAINING, “I WISH LIFE WAS DIFFERENT,” PERSON BEHIND!! THE ONLY THING THAT CAN STOP YOU IS YOU!! TODAY IS THE DAY YOU MAKE THE COMMITMENT TO BE GREAT! CHASE YOUR DREAM LIKE IT’S THE LAST TRAIN OF THE NIGHT! GIVE YOURSELF A SENSE OF URGENCY AND TAKE WHAT YOU DESERVE!! IT’S TIME TO WIN!! START RIGHT NOW AND NEVER LOOK BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Healthy Snacks~
“We may place blame, give reasons, and even have excuses; but in the end, it is an act of cowardice to not follow your dreams.”-Steve Maraboli

“The person who really wants to do something finds a way; the other person finds an excuse.”-Unknown

“No one ever excused his way to success.”-Dave Del Dotto

“He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else.”-Benjamin Franklin

“Excuses are the tools with which persons with no purpose in view build for themselves great monuments of nothing.”-Steven Grayhm

“The only thing standing between you and your goal is the B.S. story you keep telling yourself as to why you can’t achieve it.”-Jordan Belfort

“Your complaints, your drama, your victim mentality, your whining, your blaming, and all of your excuses have NEVER gotten you even a single step closer to your goals or dreams. Let go of your nonsense. Let go of the delusion that you DESERVE better and go EARN it! Today is a new day!”-Steve Maraboli

“The weak makes excuses, the strong makes changes.”-Habeeb Akande

BLKDIESEL 07-09-2014 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by PeanutButterCup (Post 4768484)
Good morning, Septemberites! It's another beautiful, sunshiny morning here as I sip my coffee and read all your posts. I am thankful to be free of foggy-nauseous-shaky-gotta-pretend-I'm-all-right hangovers, anxiety about what I did or didn't do or say the night before, the obsession of where and when the next drink would come, and regret over moments missed or forgotten with people I love. I will be present for every minute of today. I love that. So does my family.

Have a beautiful day!
:sun2

Great way and perspective to start the day PBC :You_Rock_

phoebe64 07-09-2014 06:09 AM

Thanks for mentioning me, Fishy.

I am hanging in there. Kids home for summer, and we had a vacation and another one very soon, so catching up on a bunch of appointments, laundry, etc... before we travel again. A bit of a bump here and there, but all in all, I am doing well. Just not an expert at sobriety yet, so not much to offer in the ways of advice. Reading along daily, however.

workoholic 07-09-2014 10:04 AM

Hey all, keep swimming sober. I'm in my 10th month but still get unpleasant feelings around alcohol. But I m feeling much better than last summer that was my rock bottom.

Nightswimming 07-09-2014 10:17 AM

Afternoon all! Just back in from a run. Was supposed to be 15km but I only managed 10km. Shouldn't complain as the reason for that is it's in the mid 70s and the sun is splitting the sky here. I'm always amazed by how anxious/antsy I can feel before I run and how calm I can feel after. Sometimes exercise really is the best medicine.

I'm still working on trying to let go of some negative emotions that have been around for the past few weeks. It's been interesting to have a couple of people tell me that my opinion on events may be right and other people may be partly 'at fault' but I need to put this into perspective, use what I've learned to move on. My focus needs to be self preservation right now.

Nice to see lots of names popping up today. I'm still a new 'September 13' member so good to see lots of people around and hope everyone's okay.

MrFixit63 07-09-2014 03:03 PM

Kane with this cooler weather time to get Tall boy out..

Hugs to all the September ladies
I'm happy to be part of this family of friends.
Keep swimming.

Ring

Kaneda8888 07-09-2014 11:28 PM

Fishy

Not a shabby idea, break the monotony of running for a change !

Kaneda8888 07-10-2014 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by workoholic (Post 4769157)
Hey all, keep swimming sober. I'm in my 10th month but still get unpleasant feelings around alcohol. But I m feeling much better than last summer that was my rock bottom.

Keep working on it Workohplic ! Stay strong and reach out if you need any support :)

BLKDIESEL 07-10-2014 05:30 AM

~~Food for Thought ~ Thoughtful Thursday Edition~~
~~Good Things Can Flow To You~~

~Note~
Feeling highly blessed, grateful and favored this morning. Have a great Thursday all

~The Meal~

"Let It Go"
Learn to love yourself enough so that when someone enters your life that treats you negatively,you can stand up for yourself and have the strength to let them go. You can learn that it is okay to say no to anyone who is not willing to treat you with the love and respect you not only want, but also deserve. Have the courage to walk away from anything that does not serve you well. Search for your highest good.

"The Change"
You may be thinking right now, how do I go about this when I do not have the things that would make me content? What is in your world externally is nothing more than a mirror of what is going on internally. So to change the external vision of what your world appears to be, go within and change it there, then the outward vision will change to mirror the inward feelings.

"The First Step"
Understand that every new path has a beginning and a first step. To pursue anything new, all you have to do is to take one-step at a time. And that is the step before you. If we learn to feel and believe that we have all that we desire and want in life and accept what has been granted to us, more will come.

"Be Grateful"
It is all about appreciation and gratitude. If you could learn to appreciate and have gratitude by focusing on what is good in your life, more goodness will flow to you. If we complain that we do not have those things, then that is where our focus is and that is what we will continue to attract to us. If we think and imagine having the life we desire, and act and feel as we have it within, it is sure to appear before us.

"Look 2 The Positive"
When negative events occur in your life, if you look for the silver lining in the dark rain cloud, you will learn that good is always flowing toward you, if you have but the eyes to see it. And when you embrace the good that comes from that stormy rain cloud, you are transforming the energy of what you previously deemed as something negative into some positive. When you sing this new song, more “good” things can flow to you

1stepup 07-10-2014 02:45 PM

Hi everyone! Hope all is well- Ive missed you all, been popping up in the May 2014 class and am pleased to say that I have 8 sober weeks under my belt, got a great understanding sponsor and although I have up and down days Im generally doing ok, working on step 4 at the moment. Not up on the farm much at all lately but am spending plenty of fun filled days with my kids. I hope and pray that this sobriety sticks this time around....

GotGrace 07-10-2014 03:12 PM

So good to hear from you, 1Step! Thanks for checking in and keep up the great work!

MrFixit63 07-10-2014 03:54 PM

Hello 1step happy to see you around 8 weeks is great. How is farm life treating you. This is fishy

MrFixit63 07-10-2014 03:55 PM

I hope everyone is doing fine hello grace you cheesehead how have you been I'm getting my tickets next week I'm ready.

MrFixit63 07-10-2014 03:57 PM

workaholic 10 months is absolutely fantastic you have got this thing whipped in the butt.

Kaneda8888 07-10-2014 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by 1stepup (Post 4771596)
Hi everyone! Hope all is well- Ive missed you all, been popping up in the May 2014 class and am pleased to say that I have 8 sober weeks under my belt, got a great understanding sponsor and although I have up and down days Im generally doing ok, working on step 4 at the moment. Not up on the farm much at all lately but am spending plenty of fun filled days with my kids. I hope and pray that this sobriety sticks this time around....

Hey 1Step, that is awesome ! :You_Rock_

Fantastic to hear that you've got a plan AND its working ! Woohooo

Kaneda8888 07-10-2014 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by MrFixit63 (Post 4771702)
I hope everyone is doing fine hello grace you cheesehead how have you been I'm getting my tickets next week I'm ready.

Tickets to a concert Fishy ?

MrFixit63 07-10-2014 04:07 PM

Season tickets for the Carolina Panthers football team..
Grace is a Packers fan which makes her a cheesehead and I give her a hard time she also gives me a hard time remember the cave sign she teased me with for Christmas last year.

I went out for a lil bit of a bicycle ride today I've got a long ways to go to get back where I was I I Road 5 miles I started looking around my buddy said what are you looking for I said I'm trying to figure out where the helicopter is going to land when I have my heart failure . :-)

Br00ksie 07-11-2014 05:17 AM

Hail to the no-longer-trademarked Redskins!! :lmao:
:cheer

BLKDIESEL 07-11-2014 07:43 AM

~~Food For Thought ~ Fantastic Friday Edition~~
~~The Secret 2 A Full Life~~

What keeps most people from living each day, each moment, to the fullest? Three things: Worry, Regret, and Fear.

Worry is living in the future instead of the moment. Worry is a pessimistic approach to life. When you live in worry, you're constantly asking 'what if this happens?', 'and if this happens, what if that happens?'

You trade your life for shadowy possibilities, piling one on top of the next until the weight of 'what if' pins you in your pessimism.

Regret is living in the past instead of the moment. Regret is a shameful approach to life. You look behind you, and wish things were different. You constantly tell yourself 'if only I'd done that differently', and 'if I had done that differently, I'd be there instead of here'.

You trade your life for guilt and sorrow, examining every decision until your second-guessing becomes paralysis and you stop moving forward.

Fear is living in uncertainty instead of now. Fear is a timid approach to life. When you live in fear, you hold back, denying yourself and others a world of possibilities.

You trade your life for scenes of things that could go wrong, and the movie you create keeps you in your seat, alone in a dark theater.

The antidote to worry is refocusing on NOW. Right this moment. What do you see, what do you smell, what do you taste, what is in your lap and in your life right this minute? This is what's real.

The cure for regret is two-fold: acceptance and forgiveness. It is what it is. You are where you are. You cannot change what was, you can only build on what is. You did the best you could with all of your resources at that moment. It's what you will do NOW that matters.

The solution for fear is faith. You have been protected and provided for right up to this very minute. It will continue. Do good for others; trust you will receive good in return.

Take an inventory of the things you have to be thankful for, and you will see the big picture.

This moment will never come again. Savor it for all it is NOW. Direct your attention toward the people and places and things you experience NOW.

This is the secret of living life to the fullest. By Victoria Monfort

Dee74 07-11-2014 03:46 PM

Good to catch up with you guys - hope everyone is well :)
Congrats workoholic and 1step on your milestones :)

D