SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of April 2014 Part 7 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/331882-class-april-2014-part-7-a.html)

Dee74 05-12-2014 04:27 PM

Class of April 2014 Part 7

continues from here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-6-a-20.html

D

Upward2Enlightenment 05-12-2014 04:40 PM

First ;)

Thanks Dee

Applekat 05-12-2014 04:48 PM

3 weeks tomorrow for me!
Wouldn't have gotten here without my fellow Fools!!!

Settling into my typical Monday night routine.
Minus finishing up leftover weekend wine.

obosob 05-12-2014 05:26 PM

3rd

obosob 05-12-2014 05:27 PM

Thanks dee. I rely on this group a lot!!!!

obosob 05-12-2014 05:28 PM

Thanks dee. I rely on the group a lot!!!

obosob 05-12-2014 05:29 PM

Ha! See I even wrote it twice

izzy8 05-12-2014 05:32 PM

Up- you are like the backbone of our class. Thank you!

Chick-hope your family is feeling better soon.

Soli- thinking of you and your family, esp your mom. How was math? :)

Overwhelmed- please hang in there w us! It can only get better, right?

ST- waz up? Hope you're doing well :)

Mrs B- my hubs and I did the same thing! Watched lots of episodes on our iPad. Can't wait for the next season of Downton. This last one seemed esp short!

Everyone- hope you've had a happy monday! I feel overloaded w upcoming company and finishing school! This too shall pass, right?

Panacea 05-12-2014 05:34 PM

4th :)

Just catching up on things after a busy weekend. I hope all the Fools are doing well. Applekat - congratulations on 3 weeks...we are sober anniversary buddies!

I need to go out for a run prior to it getting to late. I will check in later and read up on the group's activities.

Take care,

Pan

izzy8 05-12-2014 05:48 PM

By the way- obo (and dee:))- we watch am. Idol... (Go team Gina!) ... Anyway- always think of you two now when Keith urban comes on :). Freein- have been learning about Eurovision- wow!

izzy8 05-12-2014 05:50 PM

5th!:scoregood

Upward2Enlightenment 05-12-2014 05:51 PM

I saw this on facebook.

https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/...17203111_n.jpg

Someones comment was "I hear if you put it in a bowl of rice before bed, an asian will come fix it while you sleep. Don't know if it's true or not, I haven't tried it myself"

Upward2Enlightenment 05-12-2014 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by izzy8 (Post 4646829)
5th!:scoregood

Who started this Fool-ishness? ;)

izzy8 05-12-2014 05:54 PM

You! :a043:

DancingDiva 05-12-2014 05:58 PM

Howdy all!

Hope everyone had a great Monday - I only have a minute before I run off to a rehearsal, but I just wanted to thank everyone again for the amazing support this weekend :) For those that are struggling with fighting the addiction or with life in general, here on SR is a great place to be.

Oh, and freein, I totally called the G'Nite John Boy thing at the beginning of this class! Glad to know someone else is on the same cheesy TV wavelength as I am. All you Downton Abbey peeps are too highfalutin' for me! :)

izzy8 05-12-2014 06:00 PM

DD- don't knock it till u try it! It's PBS so yeah, wariness is inevitable... But it is truly great tv :).

Adnamaeel 05-12-2014 06:34 PM

Diva, Downton Abbey is worth watching just for the clothes. Everything Mary wears would be perfect on me.

Upward2Enlightenment 05-12-2014 07:06 PM

My daughter had another softball game tonight and I was not allowed to go!!! :headbange:headbange:headbange:headbange:headbange

Applekat 05-12-2014 07:14 PM

Up - I don't know the background on the relationship etc but I'm sorry! That just stinks. Head up. Stay strong.

Ilya 05-12-2014 07:19 PM

Oh No!!

OVERWHELMD and SOLI

And anyone else who is experiencing REAL STRESS (not creating a hierarchy of stress just referring to that voice echoing in your heads)!!

That sucks! That is all so beyond overwhelming. I'm so sorry to hear that everything is piling up on you. I'm also familiar with the "milestone drink."

I became overwhelmed when I thought I couldn't take anymore, just a few days ago. I was right -- I couldn't bare any more weight. So I drank. THUSLY: it was the pint on the camel's back and that drink broke me! Because on top of all of my problems and worries I had administered a hangover to myself. So I crumbled, I did not fight through it, and I lost days I should have been spending reconstructing these gashes in my life.

I am really in a pinch now and I wish I could have those days back. You all know what I'm talking about. Not a fun lost weekend where you take a vacation from your worries. Rather, one fun idea, then sub-satisfactory chemical reactions that devolve into sluggish doldrums, then days of pain and hating yourself and creating more problems that you don't have room for.

I hope I can help you play the tape. My sober self is working double time to make up for that. In all areas of my life.

Thanks to all of you, by the way, for being SO welcoming :)