SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class Of February 2014 Part 3 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/323653-class-february-2014-part-3-a.html)

Dee74 02-23-2014 07:16 PM

sleep well gleefan :)

D

jenny11785 02-23-2014 07:16 PM

GEAH- I am going BACK to IOP tomorrow. Hopefully for only a week. Need a refresher!!!

WBoarder 02-23-2014 07:57 PM

Just tracked through the last page of posts. I am happy to hear that those of you who were struggling seemed to push through soberly. Congrats.

Today was mostly easy for me if only because I was so extremely busy moving in to my new apartment. That said, I went grocery shopping and they caught me with some atypically placed craft beer, and I quickly recalled how extremely much I enjoyed the taste of beer. But it was what it was. At that point, I was just exhausted. As I continue to be.

My fear now is getting the sleep I need. Tomorrow is my first day at work since abstaining. Usually sleep is tough about midway through the week when the withdrawals really emerge. And being that I last drank on Thursday, that is about where I am at. Though, I do have prescribed sleep medication.

Also, I have a work buddy in town all week. Although I am happy to interact, I am glad that I have Group tomorrow and Wednesday as to keep from being overwhelmed by temptation.

Thanks for this resource! Thanks for reading. Stay strong!!!!

Randummy 02-23-2014 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by WBoarder (Post 4490310)
Just tracked through the last page of posts. I am happy to hear that those of you who were struggling seemed to push through soberly. Congrats.

Today was mostly easy for me if only because I was so extremely busy moving in to my new apartment. That said, I went grocery shopping and they caught me with some atypically placed craft beer, and I quickly recalled how extremely much I enjoyed the taste of beer. But it was what it was. At that point, I was just exhausted. As I continue to be.

My fear now is getting the sleep I need. Tomorrow is my first day at work since abstaining. Usually sleep is tough about midway through the week when the withdrawals really emerge. And being that I last drank on Thursday, that is about where I am at. Though, I do have prescribed sleep medication.

Also, I have a work buddy in town all week. Although I am happy to interact, I am glad that I have Group tomorrow and Wednesday as to keep from being overwhelmed by temptation.

Thanks for this resource! Thanks for reading. Stay strong!!!!

Good luck at work tomorrow, stay strong and get through the withdrawals, you can do this!

Delphine 02-23-2014 09:56 PM

Gleefan- you seem to be in a good place after the slip up. I have a very difficult time asking for help too; for me it stems from a belief that my problems/issues inconvenience people. If I were in your situation I would have drank as well-especially with a heavily drinking spouse. More hugs your way :)

Briggsy75 02-23-2014 10:24 PM

Gleefan,

I read your post about stumbling last night when I got home from dinner. At first I was surprised and sad. As I laid in bed, I re-read your post about 7 times. One of my favorite shows is called "Seconds From Disaster". It's a program that analyzes say for instance, airplane crashes and the investigators peel back the onion and go back in time revealing what had gone wrong, overlooked or ignored in the last few days, weeks, months, etc., leading up to the crash. Reading your posts as many times as I did, I saw all the signs and the sequence of events (peeled the onion back) which led up to your AV winning. I'm sure you've analyzed the night more than anyone here, but if you haven't re-read your post, do so and start putting the weekend events in sequence, it's very interesting (write them down).

The last thing I was thinking about before I put my phone down for the night, was yep I did the same thing 5-7 yrs ago. I had 100-140 days, can't really remember now, under my belt. I went to a Saturday afternoon cookout at a friends house. Made it halfway through the cookout, and my AV flipped out and I grabbed a beer. My wife was livid as she didn't really want us to go because of the massive drinking that would inevitably be involved. I got mad, and pretty much said, "It's only one beer, sh*t I deserve after xxx amount of days and I'll be fine with just one beer". Well that beer went down in lightning fashion, and then so did beers #2, 3, 4, 5, etc., and at this point my wife and I are in a full blown spat, and then beers #6, 7, 8, 9, etc., and along about 1am she came back and picked me up and here I am today. All these years later, and here I am sitting on Day 22 instead of a whopping potentially, 2-3.5K days!!!

Keep your head up and patch things up with your husband and kids ASAP. I expect to see you surpass 22 days again and even though our class won't be the class of the month, our journey's will continue within SR.

Thinking about you a lot and remembering how (insert expletive) pissed I was the following morning after giving in!

Briggsy75 02-23-2014 10:48 PM

"Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance the next time." - Og Mandino

SoberLeigh 02-23-2014 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Briggsy75 (Post 4490452)
Gleefan,

I read your post about stumbling last night when I got home from dinner. At first I was surprised and sad. As I laid in bed, I re-read your post about 7 times. One of my favorite shows is called "Seconds From Disaster". It's a program that analyzes say for instance, airplane crashes and the investigators peel back the onion and go back in time revealing what had gone wrong, overlooked or ignored in the last few days, weeks, months, etc., leading up to the crash. Reading your posts as many times as I did, I saw all the signs and the sequence of events (peeled the onion back) which led up to your AV winning. I'm sure you've analyzed the night more than anyone here, but if you haven't re-read your post, do so and start putting the weekend events in sequence, it's very interesting (write them down).

The last thing I was thinking about before I put my phone down for the night, was yep I did the same thing 5-7 yrs ago. I had 100-140 days, can't really remember now, under my belt. I went to a Saturday afternoon cookout at a friends house. Made it halfway through the cookout, and my AV flipped out and I grabbed a beer. My wife was livid as she didn't really want us to go because of the massive drinking that would inevitably be involved. I got mad, and pretty much said, "It's only one beer, sh*t I deserve after xxx amount of days and I'll be fine with just one beer". Well that beer went down in lightning fashion, and then so did beers #2, 3, 4, 5, etc., and at this point my wife and I are in a full blown spat, and then beers #6, 7, 8, 9, etc., and along about 1am she came back and picked me up and here I am today. All these years later, and here I am sitting on Day 22 instead of a whopping potentially, 2-3.5K days!!!

Keep your head up and patch things up with your husband and kids ASAP. I expect to see you surpass 22 days again and even though our class won't be the class of the month, our journey's will continue within SR.

Thinking about you a lot and remembering how (insert expletive) pissed I was the following morning after giving in!

Briggsy - your posts are always terrific; always so thoughtful and full of genuine care and concern for your fellow Febbies. Thank you.

SoberLeigh 02-23-2014 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by GreenEggsAndHam (Post 4490060)

I start IOP tomorrow and am scared ******** like a quivering little paranoid baby.

Will be sending lots of thoughts and positive energies to you tomorrow (oops, I mean today), GreenEggs.

HighSpirit 02-23-2014 11:19 PM

Morning all, Day 9.

Apologies for not talking much recently. I'm still here and glad to see we're all well. Good work.

I was hoping the 'groggy' mornings would have passed by now but I'm beginning to wonder, is that just what sober people feel like in the morning? Perhaps this is just 'normal'. We all hate mornings!

SoberLeigh 02-23-2014 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by jenny11785 (Post 4490224)
GEAH- I am going BACK to IOP tomorrow. Hopefully for only a week. Need a refresher!!!

Will be thinking about you, Jenny. Be sure and keep us posted.

Dee74 02-23-2014 11:33 PM

I think day 9 is still a bit early HS - I'm sure you'll feel a little better waking up in the weeks to come :)

D

LonelyShadow 02-24-2014 01:26 AM

You will be in my thoughts today Greeneggsandham, persevere.

Keep strong all.

"He who say's he CAN'T and he who says he CAN are BOTH usually right"

Randummy 02-24-2014 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by HighSpirit (Post 4490482)
Morning all, Day 9.

Apologies for not talking much recently. I'm still here and glad to see we're all well. Good work.

I was hoping the 'groggy' mornings would have passed by now but I'm beginning to wonder, is that just what sober people feel like in the morning? Perhaps this is just 'normal'. We all hate mornings!

I'm only on day three and woke up with a killer headache this morning. Keep me updated on your morning progress as I do not feel great!

Want2Recover 02-24-2014 03:54 AM

Hi, new member here. :)

Dee74 02-24-2014 04:05 AM

Welcome to the thread want2recover :)

D

Randummy 02-24-2014 04:21 AM

Hey,
I'm on day three and though I've withdrawn before, each time seems to bring a different effect.
Last night I slept for 11 hours and I'm still tired now. I just feel exhausted. My headache has eased off but I keep getting really intense bouts of nausea, oh and I'm sweating a lot.
My previous withdrawals have involved anxiety, sweating and zero sleep so this is new to me. Anyone else experiencing this?

Dee74 02-24-2014 04:29 AM

Hi Randummy

I'm not sure I ever experienced nausea, certainly not on day 3.
Could you simply be ill?

if it's worrying you it's probably best to see a Dr?

D

Randummy 02-24-2014 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 4490728)
Hi Randummy

I'm not sure I ever experienced nausea, certainly not on day 3.
Could you simoly be ill?

D

To be honest if I get myself worked up, my anxiety manifests as nausea to start with so I'm inclined to think its linked to that as my GP has given me the all clear. I guess it might be a combination of not drinking, worrying about it and eating more food. The wonders of the human body!

Want2Recover 02-24-2014 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 4490676)
Welcome to the thread want2recover :)

D

Thanks. I look forward to getting to know everyone. I really could use some support. Still a little leary of the internet and my anonymity.