SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March 2013 - Part 23 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/319401-class-march-2013-part-23-a.html)

Marcher13 02-08-2014 04:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This was the other photo I took for my Marchers on Thursday night, I couldn't be this close to it without getting a shot for you.

Attachment 21170

tootsl1 02-08-2014 05:55 PM

Hey Life, our posts crossed, I love the new haircut, but the bangs are maybe a bit short! ( see how I'm getting all American, didn't say fringe!!! Lol)

Marcher I'm the one in the white obviously! , though North where you dug that photo from I don't know, my hair is much greyer these days, and my legs shorter. And my bum bigger. And my boobs lower, and.. Well, you get the picture!!!! Lol xx

tootsl1 02-08-2014 06:16 PM

Sass fortunately we got the right Portsmouth and had a really nice visit. We will def go back in the better weather too!

lifetplant 02-08-2014 07:16 PM

Happy Buffday DD. When I turned 32 I was somewhere in South East Asia, (Vietnam I think).........thanks alcohol for killing the memory cells......at least I have photos to prove it! Enjoy, your Mum sounds like a wonderful woman, very doting and thankful for her boy. I have no doubts you reciprocate that love. Have a great meal and a fabulous birthday.

Think we need to fight over the girl in the red Sass, i'm sure that's me, we have after all established that i'm the shortest of the clan :)

Oh Toots, how you coping with that crazy weather over there..............and you thought Scottieland was cold!!! Don't talk bangs ever, it's a fringe! Same way I refuse to refer to my flip-flops as 'thongs'.......they're flip-flops for a reason; they 'flip' and they 'flop', debate (with myself) over!! :)

Feeling pretty good, luvvin not being inebriated. Tis still rather hot, it's bout 40, we dropped to 28 at one point last night but by 3am the mercury rose to 36.........I had to go against all my principles and close the patio door and and whack up the air con..............it's becoming rather funny, we've been so extremely hot for so long now that when it drops to 28, people are grabbing for jumpers, no kidding, I did it myself on Friday night. It was 29 (88) and I changed from shorts into jeans and a long sleeved top to go out for dinner!!!

I'm still not complaining.......even if I am shut away in my apartment under the aircon. Can't handle the cold at all!!! Don't know how you do it North.

Love to all.

LP x

lifetplant 02-08-2014 07:20 PM

Special note to Toots as you have me worried :)

COLOUR
HONOUR
THROUGH
tUna; pronounced with a U not tOOna
tUesday...see above
MUM!!!!

Just a few for now.......got my eyes on you!!!! :)

360shoes 02-08-2014 09:13 PM

A whole day with no one? That would kind of spook me too Marcher.

Happy Birthday DD!

I didn't mean anything negative about the mansions Duff. You are pretty real and I'm not surprised you can hang with all types of people. Plus just because someone has a mansion doesn't mean they aren't nice people.

So I went out and saw night life last night. I set my best friend up with this woman I work with and her boyfriend and I had to go out to a BAR...at 9pm. Not that kind of set up btw. Lol. The couple do a lot of fun things and love to go listen to live entertainment. I don't. My friend wants to get out and expand her social life. I don't. She loves dancing and rock and roll. I don't. She wants to go out, meet people, and date. I want to eat dinner at man friends house and the watch him iron my shirts while I do the dishes.

So I set her up to meet these nice people since they have a lot in common. But it involved me having to go out an hour past my bedtime and sit in a loud bar. Not my idea of fun at all. But am I good friend or what?

First time watching the party drinking scene since I quit drinking. I was so uncomfortable. My friends are close to my age and they just enjoy the bands but there were 2 really drunk people in the bar that were just hard to watch. It was sad. And it made me nervous. I kept thinking how something bad was going to happen to them. I lasted an hour. My friends all got along great. They all stayed to listen to the headliner band and this morning she said she had so much fun.

I'm so happy she has nice people to go listen to music with and I get to stay home. :)

Saskia 02-08-2014 09:16 PM

Toots, lobster in a "lobster roll" is already peeled so no mess :). In the summer there are sometimes festivals in Portsmouth so that can be fun.

DD, you keep on sounding better! WTG :-)

LP, are you really the shortest? I've always been short but have been shrinking in recent years. Have lost 2 inches so far. Any more and I'll be in trouble!

Good night to all!

tootsl1 02-09-2014 12:10 AM

Oh yes, Sass I do have to have a lobster roll at some point! I've already had Clam Chowder,
Hubby keeps pronouncing it 'showdaah' like in an episode of the Simpsons. He also walks round saying Badabing Badaboom and saying he is related to Fat Tony. I swear he will get us killed when we go to Noo Yawk!

Sorry Life, I got disoriented in the elevator, it was aloominum! Hahaha flip flops will remain flip flops and my surrey will never have bangs on top! As for the cold, I swear, I can take it better than my rough tough Scotsman, big Jessie that he is! Did you see the Dons knocked us out the Scottish Cup today? And England slaughtered Scotland at murrayfield in the rugby, I even wore my Scotland rugby top all day in support, little good it did! Not a good day to be a Celt!

Shoes, I'm very much a stay at home in preference, and have probably been out more evenings in the last couple of weeks than the previous year! But watching others drink no longer bothers me. And you have to accept that you can't take responsibility for everyone who gets drunk in you vicinity, though I guess if they need help and you can you should try to, but from the sounds of the couple in your case, I doubt there was anything you could do to stop them from whatever the night led to. I'm glad your friends had a good night.

Marcher I hope all this garrulousness has calmed your concerns of us all!!

Got hit with a mega urge tonight. I decided to cook a spag Bol, we have basic facilities in the suite, so bought the ingredients. Hubby got himself a bottle of wine to drink with. I went down to put some laundry on, and waiting for the lift I stretched my aching shoulders and thought, I would kill for a glass of wine tonight. I was dehydrated, we hadn't drank much during the day, ditto eating, so as soon as I came in I downed a couple of glasses of water and focussed on my cooking. By the time hubby pulled the cork on his wine I was ok, though the sound did trigger another wee twinge. Fact is I will have urges, memory trips probably for ever, I just can't give in to them.

Dee74 02-09-2014 12:34 AM

I think you get to a point where it doesn't matter Toots...

My house is alcohol free but I go out and I have people drinking around me, or opening bottles now and it's no big deal...I often don't even notice.

My brother handed me a Belgian beer at Xmas...I read the label, told him what the font was and handed it back, lol

D

Marcher13 02-09-2014 02:21 AM

Toots those occasional urges still happen to me too.

Talking about all things American: how are you going with driving? I drove all over the UK and Ireland in 2005 because it was pretty much like driving here but the thought of driving on the wrong side of the road... urgh. Well not so much driving down a lane but turning. I'd be terrified of turning left into a left hand lane instead of right. I hope you are being extra careful when you are a pedestrian too.

Life this week's weather forecast for Melbourne is much better.

BuddinK 02-09-2014 02:46 AM

Good morning everyone! Stuffed up nose is waking me up every few hours. I think the world now uses flip flops so as not to be confused with the under garments. The exception may be Key West, where we call any type of open footwear sandals. Not jandals as I heard them referred to in Tonga. Speaking of Tonga, that's where I had to experience driving on the opposite side. It wasn't scary at all. Fortunately there were never more than 3 other cars on the road. Nasal spray is kicking in! Back to bed now.

Dee74 02-09-2014 03:02 AM

They're still thongs in Australia Ken - and Jandals in NZ, which is probably where Tonga picked that up :)

D

Gilmer 02-09-2014 03:04 AM

Rest well, Ken!

Duff, by the way, I know you are not snooty (you are, DD! :lmao) JUST KIDDING! I have my highbrow tastes, too.

When I was younger and had a chip on my shoulder because I had never finished college, I used to go out of my way to shock and discomfit people with how "common" I was. Fortunately, I don't do that anymore (I don't think).

I do still love to shock people, though, especially stuffed shirts!

Gilmer 02-09-2014 03:04 AM

They're flip-flops over here, and have been since the 60s.

Gilmer 02-09-2014 03:05 AM

Good morning, Dee!

Dee74 02-09-2014 03:45 AM

night Gilmer :)

D

Dee74 02-09-2014 03:47 AM

Time for a new thread guys:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-24-a.html

D