SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of February 2013 Part 10 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/315217-class-february-2013-part-10-a.html)

Dee74 12-02-2013 07:09 PM

Class of February 2013 Part 10

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-9-a-20.html

D

venuscat 12-02-2013 08:33 PM

Love to everyone, and prayers for all of the Februarians to have a good month ahead...
New thread...new beginnings.

Let's get to our first sober Christmas; we can do it together!! ♥

Venus xx

upandup 12-02-2013 09:30 PM

Heya Febbies - just wanted to pop in and say today marks 10 months for me! The lightness of spirit, clarity of thought (in most areas, still fuzzy in some too), and over all okay-ness with life is a complete 180 from where I was last year. I am so grateful for SR and you for playing a part in that.

I still feel like a foreign exchange student to this planet sometimes, but I'm becoming more comfortable in my skin and ok with it. Have a good day everyone :)

wehav2day 12-02-2013 09:41 PM

venus, love and hugs and prayers right back at you, dear. thank you!

upandup, rock the heck on! congratulations on 10 months, you are awesome. and thanks for coming and sharing with us! yep, it's a good thing getting comfortable with ourselves. isn't that one of those aa promises? something about intuitively knowing how to deal with situations that used to baffle us? totally feeling that one lately. life is still confusing and sometimes not pretty, but it's a whole lot more understandable than it was last December!

have a good night/day, februarians!

wehav2day 12-02-2013 09:41 PM

anyone hear from fantail? hey girl, good thoughts heading towards the bay area for ya...

venuscat 12-02-2013 09:43 PM

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...ps8a59c941.gif on 10 months upandup!!! ♥

Love V xx

venuscat 12-02-2013 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by wehav2day (Post 4325446)
life is still confusing and sometimes not pretty, but it's a whole lot more understandable than it was last December!

I feel exactly the same.

No, haven't heard from fantail ~ have been thinking about her though.
Maybe if we send some collective love her way, she'll feel it and pop in.

V xx

melissa6381 12-03-2013 02:54 AM

Liss- I'm glad your alright and back on board. Let this experience strength your sobriety and not take away from it. You can do this, and we will all be here for you

V- sorry things are rocky with your loved ones. The strength you've shown being there for Liss like you have been just proves what an amazing counselor you are becoming. Proud of you and here for you as well.

I wrote to fantail a while back but never heard from her. I miss her lots and am sending those good vibes.

Glad to see so many old faces popping in to say hi. Really impressed with all the sober time we have accumulated together and glad to see those who aren't posting as much are still with us in spirit. All for now, M.

Dee74 12-03-2013 03:00 AM

congratulations upandup :)

D

1stepup 12-03-2013 12:19 PM

Well done upandup! Great going.

venuscat 12-03-2013 03:23 PM

I just remembered that I am 10 months sober today!!! :) ♥

V xx

Dee74 12-03-2013 03:51 PM

congrats Venus! :)

D

liss74 12-03-2013 04:28 PM

Congrats V xxxxx

wehav2day 12-03-2013 04:47 PM

woooohooooo, venusgrrrlll! CONGRATS ON 10 MONTHS SOBER!!!

you are amazing!

if you guys don't mind sending some love to my partner j, she had to get on a plane today back to England to take care of her parents. her dad has a tumor in his lung, they decided not to treat it because he's pretty frail. we knew she would have to go soon, she was already booked to fly next week and stay two months, but this morning she got a call and decided she had to go NOW.

I'm just praying for her to get through this. wish I could go there with her. we knew there were drawbacks to both living far from our homes, we were as prepared as we could be, but it still sucks.

not gonna let it make me drink, though! take care, wehav

venuscat 12-03-2013 04:54 PM

Prayers going out to your partner J, wehav! (((hugs)))
Love to both of you; wishing you strength to get through a tough time.

V xx

Dee74 12-03-2013 05:04 PM

prayers for you and J wehav :)

D

liss74 12-03-2013 07:01 PM

I joined November thread day 4 omg ahhhhhhhhh freaking out sort of it's hitting me bit by bit I'm obviously not quitting this thread is that ok now that I'm not 10 mths :(((((

wehav2day 12-03-2013 07:15 PM

liss the more threads the merrier! it's more support. more support is a very good thing. you may have started the clock again, but you didn't lose 10 months sober.

Dee74 12-03-2013 07:20 PM

Feel free to post wherever you feel comfortable liss - a lot of people are in multiple threads :)

D

liss74 12-03-2013 09:03 PM

Just let my sponser go it wasn't working I feel better not connecting

upandup 12-04-2013 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by wehav2day (Post 4325446)
isn't that one of those aa promises? something about intuitively knowing how to deal with situations that used to baffle us? totally feeling that one lately. life is still confusing and sometimes not pretty, but it's a whole lot more understandable than it was last December!

Oh heck yea! I've been feeling the sometimes qkly, sometimes sloooowly thing too :)

You and j are in my thoughts. That is a hard row to hoe. Sending energy for healing and comfort.

A hearty congrats to you too venus! The last couple of odd months I'd see you post for your day and it'd remind me hey, mine was the day before. So thank you for that. And for being extraordinarily kind - your strength of compassion leaps right off of the page :tyou

Hang in there liss. If it were easy SR wouldn't exist. And have however many thousands of people registered.

Hope you check in fantail, enjoy reading your thoughts and perspective.

Thanks again for the well wishes everyone! :ring

SereneEdition 12-04-2013 01:06 AM

Hi Febbies!

It is truly wonderful to pop in and see so many faces! MV, 1step, upnup, wehav - exciting to see your posts & glad you're here.

liss - this goes for you too. Thanks for sticking close to SR & posting. Glad to hear you are safe.

V & UpnUp Congrats on 10 months! I keep forgetting to change it to a day earlier on my calendar to actually sync with yours :)

Life is going well here - finals time, lots of projects - I"m procrastinating. I'm also considering life direction as I look at classes for next quarter.

I did go out on 1st date with a gentleman tonight - creative smart person (like mensa smart). clearly he's an alcoholic, and it was sad. Such a waste of potential.

Have a wonderful week everyone!!!!!! - I have a million things to do between now and Africa (and i'm not taking my computer) - so it might be a while till I check in again. Please don't fear that the Xmas parties got me - I'm just doing the TYPE A thing.

liss74 12-04-2013 02:04 AM

I wrote a message to my sponser today thanking her for all her support and asked please don't take it personally that I have chosen at this time not to have a sponser she replied nicely but then wrote it wasn't progressing anyway, I'm sorta glad I did it after reading how she felt so then I decided I would give AA a break for now sick of answering to people haha I'm really funny bloody hell I'm quite lost wow what one night can do ?

venuscat 12-04-2013 02:13 AM

Just keep checking in here every day liss hun ~ maybe a little break from AA, but remember how much you have gotten out of it over the past months.

No one needs to tell you what to do...just go to some meetings and listen, maybe you can help some newcomers...you know that would mean a lot to you.

Love you,

V xx

liss74 12-04-2013 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 4327556)
Just keep checking in here every day liss hun ~ maybe a little break from AA, but remember how much you have gotten out of it over the past months. No one needs to tell you what to do...just go to some meetings and listen, maybe you can help some newcomers...you know that would mean a lot to you. Love you, V xx

yeah will do thanxxxxx

1stepup 12-04-2013 03:12 AM

Well done on 10 months Venus!, inspiring, strong, thoughtful, loving, caring- your all these and more, seeing your journey through these last 10 months- through the ups and downs life has thrown at you- shows me and others that this sobriety business is achievable, one day at a time. x

As for me, well im seven weeks sober today, had a struggle with emotions and relationship type stuff lately but getting through somehow.

Love and best wishes to everyone in this class. x

melissa6381 12-04-2013 03:58 AM

CONGRATS V!!!!! You've been through a lot and stayed so strong. You amaze me.

Liss- your not going anywhere you belong here with us.

Serene- I hope you have an amazing adventure in Africa. You will be missed but can't wait to hear all about it.

Wehav- sending your family loving and supportive thoughts.

1step- congrats, keep up the good work. You can do this

Had a good productive day where I worked on my crafts and blog. Only thought about drinking twice when I walked by a few wine bottles left out from our thanksgiving day party. Made my man lock then up out of sight where they belong.

All for now, M.

liss74 12-04-2013 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by melissa6381 (Post 4327655)
CONGRATS V!!!!! You've been through a lot and stayed so strong. You amaze me. Liss- your not going anywhere you belong here with us. Serene- I hope you have an amazing adventure in Africa. You will be missed but can't wait to hear all about it. Wehav- sending your family loving and supportive thoughts. 1step- congrats, keep up the good work. You can do this Had a good productive day where I worked on my crafts and blog. Only thought about drinking twice when I walked by a few wine bottles left out from our thanksgiving day party. Made my man lock then up out of sight where they belong. All for now, M.

Mel you are beautify thank you xxx

liss74 12-04-2013 03:11 PM

Morning suffering still whole week body just doesn't bounce well off cement I'm off endone and feel like yuck but rather feel I think I'm just reaching out doing all the things I didn't do so hope it helps think it will already has love you all xxxxxxxx

Dee74 12-04-2013 03:13 PM

Hope you'll feel better soon Liss :)

D