SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of February 2013 Part 10 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/315217-class-february-2013-part-10-a.html)

venuscat 12-15-2013 03:55 PM

Hi 1stepup ~ good to see you! ♥ Miss you.

Love V xx

liss74 12-15-2013 06:20 PM

Just feel I don't belong here now stupid I know I will get over myself ASAP lol xxxxx

Dee74 12-15-2013 06:59 PM

I think it's a very common thing for an alcoholic to isolate, to feel different, or to feel unworthy liss. You're none of those things.

I really hope you can find it in yourself to forgive yourself for this slip soon, cos beating yourself up is pointless :)

D

liss74 12-15-2013 08:50 PM

Yeah I know and it's school holidays omg kill me now full on thank god I'm sober to keep up hey

Dee74 12-15-2013 08:52 PM

LOL sooner you than me liss :)

D

melissa6381 12-15-2013 11:02 PM

Liss you belong here. Our group wouldn't be the same without you. And thanks V having a nice time

venuscat 12-15-2013 11:13 PM

Really glad Mel....

....liss darling, have I ever told you I don't feel like I belong anywhere?

I can tell you that a lot of us in recovery have felt this way.
Feeling out of sorts.
Feeling that nothing is quite right......

It's OK. We have each other. We all get it. You are right where you belong sweetheart.

Love V xx

liss74 12-16-2013 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 4349682)
Really glad Mel.... ....liss darling, have I ever told you I don't feel like I belong anywhere? I can tell you that a lot of us in recovery have felt this way. Feeling out of sorts. Feeling that nothing is quite right...... It's OK. We have each other. We all get it. You are right where you belong sweetheart. Love V xx

feeling the love thanks guys xxxxx

melissa6381 12-18-2013 09:44 PM

Hi everyone. My mom left today. It's hard to live so far away from my family but it's freezing cold in Boston and 80 degrees here so... yeah. How is everyone holding up?

venuscat 12-18-2013 10:14 PM

Not so good here....dad is in hospital, and will be for at least a week.
I'm having a lot of trouble finding my happy place....it just feels like I have had endless problems to deal with these past months...and yes, I know life chucks it at you sometimes...so please forgive me for whining.

I'm so glad you had a good time with your mum Mel ~

Love to everyone,

V xx

liss74 12-19-2013 03:14 AM

Yep v it gets really long in the tooth I will pray that all this passes and peace and happiness ahead cause you defenantly deserve it lots of love lis xx

Dee74 12-19-2013 03:25 AM

It's ok to feel sad when bad stuff happens V...I'm not one of these people who thinks we always need to be happy.

I know you're worried about your dad, but it sounds like he's in the right place to cared for...

I hope you can find a little you time sometime this week :)

D

liss74 12-19-2013 03:51 PM

Had my daughters 17th yesterday and there were a few who were 18 so drinking and lots of it omg even watching it was hard work I can't believe I thought it was fun it was so bad to see how much they changed and the decisions they were making ! That was me !!! I can see how it hurts us a lot can't believe it's legal really it is so mind altering and they are so sick today :((( but very grateful for the experience :)

liss74 12-19-2013 03:58 PM

Hope your day is full of happiness and love V cause I'm sending it your way beautiful xxx

venuscat 12-19-2013 04:00 PM

:) :) Well liss, it is certainly full of love....thank you! ♥♥

And thank you Dee.

Love to all our Februbuddies,

V xx

liss74 12-19-2013 04:07 PM

And we love u tooooooo xxxxx

liss74 12-21-2013 12:16 AM

Got invited to a AA women's lunch today lady turned 30 years sober and other 11 no one spoke to me felt stupid awkward and ran

Dee74 12-21-2013 12:30 AM

Tomorrow is another day Liss :)

D

venuscat 12-21-2013 01:02 AM

I'm sorry liss ~ that sounds awful.

I'm sure they would have spoken to you; probably it all happened so fast no one got a chance to say it's good to see you.... sometimes people wait, they think they shouldn't say too much and get in your face...and then they wait too long, and it gets awkward...

as Dee said, tomorrow is another day. And as I discovered today, sometimes the day can be a good one love! :) ♥

V xx

melissa6381 12-21-2013 03:36 AM

Liss sorry for your bad day. If they knew you like we do they would do everything in their power to embrace you. V is right, maybe they felt shy or awkward themselves. Tomorrow will feel better.

How are you girls? V- how are you coping with all your stress. You're right that life keeps dealing you a bad hand right now. The universe had something good coming your way I'm sure of it.

Today marks the three year anniversary of my friend Lacey's death. She was heading home for Christmas when a drunk girl got on the highway in the wrong direction. Be thankful that we will never get drunk and drive again. You will never drunkenly kill someone with your car. She sent me a rainbow today, like she always does when I ask. There's more to life to life than we understand, and I try to rest in that.

All for now, M.