SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of September 2013 - Part 12 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/311287-class-september-2013-part-12-a.html)

Kaneda8888 10-21-2013 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by spacestation (Post 4251048)
K this is going to cost a lot of thousands,

and I think Im not worth it.

I don't want to consider it, I don't want to go.

Really? do I have to do this, no one else seems to need such treatment.

Oh i'm over the moon on this.

I have to remove everything from my home either way.

It sucks so bad.

Talk of Storage units,
Talk of Realtors, Rental Companies
Talk of Big time rehab

Streeeesssss = Guess

SPACE

Bite the bullet and do it.

You are worth it.

This will save you.

Dont compare to others.

Life is priceless.

Hooped 10-21-2013 09:46 PM

I tipped the boat yesterday.
Things were going so good, seemed like the icing on the cake and there was no stopping me.
Ouch.
Very frustrating.
For me, it's like, things are going so good...feelings running so high....the brain seems to take over and say..."now what can we do to improve on this?"

Hooped 10-21-2013 09:48 PM

Was no improvement , by the way...not recommended at all.
Sat down in my chair tonight at 4 to watch a tv show and woke up at 9pm with a headache ...didnt even make the first commercial.

workoholic 10-21-2013 10:16 PM

Hooped, my last week of drinking in august felt like that. I just wasn't fun anymore and I got little or nothing positive out of it even while in the process of drinking.

Br00ksie 10-21-2013 10:37 PM

8 weeks is ahmaze!!! Sooo happy for you Renarde! Congrats!!

:nyc

Br00ksie 10-21-2013 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Hooped (Post 4251905)
Was no improvement , by the way...not recommended at all. Sat down in my chair tonight at 4 to watch a tv show and woke up at 9pm with a headache ...didnt even make the first commercial.

So sorry you slipped, Hooped! You live and you learn. You can never try to quit too many times. Tomorrow is a new day! Keep coming back. :) ((Big Hug))

Melina 10-21-2013 11:01 PM

I know it sucks, Hooped. Drinking used to be so much fun and now it's just misery, every time.

Good food for thought to help us think the drink all the way through next time we think it'll be such a great break from sobriety.

Hang in there. I'm coming back from a slip, gonna be Day 5 tomorrow. We can do this!

Kaneda8888 10-21-2013 11:09 PM

Finally out of the office. Pretty depressing day but just focused on the work at hand. Glad to be over for the day. Phew

Clemence 10-21-2013 11:21 PM

Congratulations on 8 weeks Renarde. That is absolutely fantastic especially considering all you have gone through. You are amazing and strong x

Put the slips behind you Melina and Hooped, but don't forget how it felt and treat them as part of the learning curve. You can do this.

Good morning, night, afternoon to everyone else. Another busy day in my kitchen starting here. I often peek in to see how you're all doing but don't often have time to post. Still, couldn't have got this far though without knowing I'm not doing this alone. :ring

Black 10-22-2013 12:00 AM

Well back on the wagon good for he past three days so hope to god this time I have lessons learned and can go the distance.

Eight weeks is brilliant Renard congtrauatlions

Hooped 10-22-2013 12:59 AM

Wagon has no wheels man.
Wife kinda screwed me up this time..
of course it wasnt my fault.
seriously though...i was sober 41 days
wife drank every single day but one.
sent me out too to pick up her liquor.
um...sorry for slip...it was conin

Ack there is so many posts this is movin so quick
AA has always been cool with me.
I have the BB , read it twice, for what its worth.
When they get out the pencils to study is when I'm gone.

Kaneda8888 10-22-2013 01:54 AM

Black: keep going !

Melina: that's the spirit !

Keep close, keep connected and stay strong

Kaneda8888 10-22-2013 01:58 AM

[QUOTE="Hooped;4252051"]Wagon has no wheels man. Wife kinda screwed me up this time.. of course it wasnt my fault. seriously though...i was sober 41 days wife drank every single day but one. sent me out too to pick up her liquor. um...sorry for slip...it was conin Ack there is so many posts this is movin so quick AA has always been cool with me. I have the BB , read it twice, for what its worth. When they get out the pencils to study is when I'm gone.[/QUOTE

Hooped

It sounds like you're still drinking ? Can you try and get some rest and hydrate ? Worried about this post, doesn't sound good.

Renarde 10-22-2013 02:13 AM

Hooped, I'm glad you are here and posting. Are you still drinking?

FishnHippy 10-22-2013 03:34 AM

Okay who is ready to play Jenga?

FishnHippy 10-22-2013 04:31 AM

I think I have uninviteds wombat fever. I think that's the only thing that Lysol does not protect you against

FishnHippy 10-22-2013 05:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 19896

This is my biggest trigger

Renarde 10-22-2013 05:31 AM

Is that your boat fish? I wonder if you could learn to enjoy being on the water without being drunk.

FishnHippy 10-22-2013 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by Renarde (Post 4252307)
Is that your boat fish? I wonder if you could learn to enjoy being on the water without being drunk.

Yes it is I guess I am just going to have to re teach myself how to have fun but at the same time I don't want my friends to to suffer because I cant control my drinking.

FishnHippy 10-22-2013 05:56 AM

Lillian it was a great game and we won I replaced my $ 9
beer with $7 a bottle water