SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Moms and Mums Club 2013 Part 6 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/309755-moms-mums-club-2013-part-6-a.html)

Dollyangel17 10-29-2013 05:00 PM

Great pumpkin Sarah!!!! Love it.

Yeah, my phone app wasn't working either...was driving me nuts. Glad you had fun at your bachelorette party!!

Busy week with Halloween, and doing my best to stay out of candy:/)

Well check back later. Tomorrow is my 6 months...hard to believe it!

sunnyc5 10-30-2013 02:26 AM

great pumpkin sarah!!!!! Thanks girls for all your support now on to day6 longest sober in along time....... have babysitter coming so I can get out for a run and then heading to rugby as family in pm..... I will not drink today..despite the fact my two youngest are killing eachother!!!

Ladybug2 10-30-2013 04:47 PM

Congrats on 6 months Dolly!! :bbj:

Today is 90 days for me, but it won't officially be 3 months until Saturday. Feeling really good for now. It's amazing how much as changed, for the better, in just 3 months. I hope I can continue on to 6 mos, a year, and more.

Hugs to you all xxxx Wouldn't be here without you all!

Dollyangel17 10-30-2013 05:22 PM

Hi moms...

Thanks Lady! 6 months feels good:-).

All is good here. Just tucking my dolly in and hoping she sleeps good...busy night trick or treating ahead.

This is the first time I am taking her out. In the past hubby took her because i HAD to give out candy (really was just an excuse to have alone drinking time). I am excited to go...and I in better physical shape too, so that helps. Hoping for nice weather:-)

Dollyangel17 10-31-2013 06:10 AM

Happy Halloween Girls!

Tired this morning, but happy. My Red Sox won the World Series, and I lost another 2.4 pounds at weigh in this morning for a running total of 56.1 pounds down since I quit drinking!

Might be an extra coffee in my future:-)

Hope you are all doing great, and have a nice Halloween!:Witch7:

JustSarah 10-31-2013 07:37 AM

Woohoo Dolly! Good for you - that's an amazing achievement :) and 3 months ladybug - yaaay you too :)

On day 13 today - feeling good but tired! Have missed my Vit B tablets for a few days and feeling it - restarted today though - wow they make a difference ! My skin is terrible too at the mo :( booooo

Looking forward to trick or treating tonight though

Happy Halloween everyone :) xxxxx

Dollyangel17 10-31-2013 05:07 PM

Hi moms...

Back from trick or treating. It was fun, but rainy. One of the moms offered me hot chocolate, which I declined because I had heard whispers that it was "spiked". Felt a pang of disappointment to not be joining in, and boy would an adult hot cocoa have been tasty in the cold rain, but after a few minutes I got over it.

In bed now with a cold, and hoping for a good night sleep.

Ladybug2 10-31-2013 06:37 PM

Hi Moms,

Hope all of you had a nice and fun Halloween! Hubby and I took my daughter trick or treating and it was nice to be sober and not in buzzed haze. However, it started getting kind of hard seeing everyone sitting out drinking cocktails while handing out candy. I was so aware of it tonight and made me feel left out (like you said Dolly). I got over it when I remembered how crappy I would feel tomorrow, but it still brought back some old memories. Sometimes I just get really upset and sad that I can't enjoy alcohol like a normal person.

My hubby asked me if I made it tonight and it felt good to not be lying when I said yes. I really hope holidays/special occasions get easier after this first year. It is exhausting sometimes.

Ladybug2 10-31-2013 06:39 PM

Oh and hope you feel better Dolly. 2 kids in my daughter's preschool were out sick today and now my daughter is coughing, sneezing, stuffy. We will probably spend all weekend sick in bed :(

Ladybug2 11-01-2013 06:10 AM

Morning Moms,

Happy Friday! Rainy and windy day here. Friday is our only day of the week we don't have to rush around to be somewhere in the morning so enjoying my coffee. Daughter has a Halloween party at one of her school friends house tonight. She is coughing like crazy, but has no fever and acts fine. Just wondering if I should take her to a house full of kids (hate when parents bring their sick kids everywhere). Hate for her to miss it though :(

Hope everyone has a great Friday/weekend xxxx

Bebetter 11-01-2013 06:25 PM

Ahh!! I finally fixed my keyboard!! After getting a new one, and having that one not work (and paying to send it back.. ugh!), today I viciously attacked my computer's motherboard with rubbing alcohol and voila! It worked!! (I had rubbed it down a few other times to try to get it to work, but no luck).

So.... A few things going on. I went to our neighbor's birthday party tonight and had a pretty good time, except it was late and the girls were melting down. She had set a full bar out with every type of liquor and mixer you could imagine. Her sister was making margaritas, some girls were drinking g&ts - two of my favorite drinks - and her other sister was blending something wild up. I saw cosmos on my way out. It was not hard to say no, because it was crowded, and everyone thought I had a margarita in hand (I wonder what they thought when I gave my kids a sip of what was actually lemon San Pelligrino and seltzer with a lime twist!), but it was strongly annoying... I just felt... left out. Like a big baby. There were loads of teenagers there not drinking, and the birthday boy himself doesn't drink, but still... I missed it, honestly.

In other news, my neighbor who always gets on me about not drinking is moving. Huh. We'll miss them, but I won't miss that part of hanging out.

In still other news, I'm becoming a hypochondriac. I know this is a big part of why I drank in the first place. Every ache and pain, every little thing, I google and find out I'm dying. Right now, I have a VERY sore shoulder/back and shortness of breath. The shoulder started last week, after my daughter's farm field trip, where I carried my little one for an hour or so. It seemed like it was just starting to get better, but then I carried her all night last night for Halloween. The shortness of breath just started this afternoon, and it hurts when I breath in (on the sore shoulder side). Also, I got on my scale today, and I lost 2 lbs. I guess I can kind of explain that too - I weaned my daughter and the weight kind of kept creeping up as my chest was so heavy with milk (sorry - tmi?), and then yesterday, it all kind of disappeared/dried up, so I suppose I lost that weight? I don't know... All I know is I'm lighter than I've been since I was before my pregnancy. BUT you add shoulder pain, weight loss and shortness of breath up on google and you get lung cancer. So I'm all worried about that... probably the shortness of breath is anxiety.

WTF is wrong with me... I hate that I constantly worry that the other shoe is going to drop. I can never relax. Never just accept that maybe, just maybe, everything is okay? Like, if I worry about it, I'll be ready for it (whatever it is), and then I can change it? I can't convince myself that I'm not dying of lung cancer. My rational mind says "look at all the reasoning for more common ailments!" and my emotional mind says "F you, rational mind!"

Dollyangel17 11-01-2013 06:48 PM

Hi Bebetter...

Glad your keyboard is up and running again. I am a hypochondriac too. I didn't go to doctors for over 5 years because I was afraid they would tell me I had some awful illness. Instead I drank in an attempt to drown the worry. All that did was add the worry if liver disease to everything else.

I am a bit better, but still my mind goes to worse case scenarios for every twinge/pain I get. Since I got sober I have had everything checked out...papsmeare, mammo, colonoscopy, full panel of blood work etc. ALL came back fine, but I STILL let my mind wander..."what if the doctor missed something?"...it's terrible! I am trying to work on that.

Not much else going on this weekend and I am glad...been a hectic couple if weeks and looking for some down time.

Ladybug2 11-02-2013 09:05 AM

Hi Moms,

BeBetter, I had the same exact kind of pain about a month ago. I was cooking dinner and all of a sudden I got a sharp pain in my upper left shoulder area and it really hurt to breathe. It started to get worse so I did the same as you and googled it. Was convinced I was either having a heart attack, chest embolism or symtoms of lung cancer. Ended up being a pulled muscle from an earlier workout at the gym. I often feel like I am a hypochondriac too. All of my Dr apps/tests have come back fine so I guess I have to stop worrying. Drinking actually made it worse because I always drinking was causing every little symptom. It is funny (well, not really funny) what our head will do to us.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend! Xxxx

Ladybug2 11-02-2013 09:18 AM

3 months for me today :) I can't imagine having to go through these first few months again. Ugh, another motivator to never take that first sip! My life is so much better now. Thank you all for being here :tyou

Bebetter 11-02-2013 02:31 PM

THANK YOU, Dolly and Lady! I really do let these things take my head away.... yes, Lady, I worry about both embolism and lung cancer - not the heart attack because it's on my left side! Ugh...
Busy day running around. We went to a cute little place called "The Ice Cream Lab" for a little girl birthday party. I was hoping to drive my little one around while my big one was at the party, get her to sleep and do some work, but of course, no such luck... Home now and too cheap to get takeout, so cooking up some sesame chicken and rice. Yum! I made too much sauce last time I made sesame chicken, so it's an easy dish tonight - defrost!

sunnyc5 11-04-2013 02:55 AM

Ok s the diet starts today doing the 5:2 diet banan and yogurt for breakfast..... its going to be along day but IWILL loose 7 lbs by december!!!

Dollyangel17 11-04-2013 05:52 PM

Hi moms!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Sunny...7 pounds? You got that!!

Not much happening here. Getting ready for our big trip to Disney soon..less than 2 weeks now to go. That will be a struggle, and I am a bit nervous. Right after that is the full on holiday onslaught, so that should be interesting,

Anyway...check back later girls.

Ladybug2 11-05-2013 06:53 AM

Hi Moms,

Dolly - you will have the BEST time at Disney, sober. I promise. We took our daughter there for the first time back in May. I was only a few weeks sober at the time and was very anxious, but I stayed sober and it was the most amazing time I have ever had. The only time I felt tempted was in Epcot because everyone was walking around with beers and margaritas. Other than that I highly recommend a sober Disney experience. The last thing you want to be is hungover/anxious for your next drink when you are walking around trying to take everything in. Not to mention how much you will want enjoy watching your little Dolly. Is this her first Disney trip? Where are you staying?

Sunny, how are you doing today?

Not much new here. Getting close to 100 days :) I am anxious about the upcoming holidays too, but trying not to think too much ahead.

Hope everyone is doing well. Not much activity here lately :(

Bebetter 11-05-2013 10:11 AM

Hi everyone,

Dolly - how exciting about going to Disney! I haven't been as an adult, so have no idea the temptations involved... I hope the trip goes well for you and the prep isn't too overwhelming.

Lady - Congrats on nearly 100!

Sunny - I'm so glad you're doing well too. I'm sorry I didn't see your PMs until well after your crave last week... I feel bad I wasn't there for you! You can do 7 lbs. What's the 5:2 diet? Are you still running?

Nothing much going on with me. I'm participating in NaNoWriMo - something I never thought I'd do, but here I am! It's the National Novel Writing Month, and the goal is to write 50000 words in a month. I have 5800 so far. I have a feeling I won't get 50,000, but I'm going to get as much as I can! It's just a personal challenge. I seem to be heading back to my pre-pregnancy weight, after weaning my youngest. I'm about a pound over, so no big deal. I've been doing some Christmas shopping, hoping to get ahead a little bit, but know when Dec comes, I'll be just as frantic as everyone else. I'm not a big fan of shopping. Okay, I hate it. I'm cheap and think everything affordable is crap, and everything that's well-made is too expensive... it's stressful for me to do the shopping.

Ladybug2 11-05-2013 10:33 AM

Hi BeBetter,

I am notorious for waiting until the last minute for Xmas shopping! Hopefully, this year I can get it done early instead of being too hungover to deal with it! Will this be your first holiday season sober?

Good luck with the writing! :)