SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of January 2013 Part 10 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/302661-class-january-2013-part-10-a.html)

Dee74 07-31-2013 06:09 PM

Class of January 2013 Part 10

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-9-a-20.html

D

woodhead 07-31-2013 06:29 PM

L2H,
I love a good mud bog. Sounds like you had a great day.
Best,
W

LizG 08-01-2013 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by woodhead (Post 4098717)
L2H,
I love a good mud bog. Sounds like you had a great day.
Best,
W

Ha, the gentlemen from the South are not the only purveyors of redneck culture! Believe it or not, I did not have to google this. I spent a decade in the sacred 600 liberal square kilometres in what’s widely considered to be Canada’s redneck province, where -- if one believes the internets -- this “sport” was invented. I remember reading a while back that one is no longer allowed to mud run on Crown land, but rather, must now haul one’s lock, stock and hillbilly barrel to private grounds ... The inevitable weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth could be heard all the way here in Toronto … :cries:

Reeny 08-01-2013 04:08 PM

Wow, lost the new thread for a minute or 2 and panicked! Woke up this morning with a headache (no big deal) but also with an overpowering anguish that I'd written myself off last night. That was a big deal - the fog is still lifting. Thank God I'm sober!

AlisonW 08-01-2013 04:53 PM

Hey everyone, how goes it? I'm doing pretty good here - 196 days. I finish up my treatment group on Monday - so strange, when I started I was so resistant and angry about being there - now I love it and I'm so sad it's ending! Funny how perspectives change...

I have NO IDEA what a mud bog is!! :lmao

-Alison

Carlotta 08-01-2013 05:01 PM

Hi guys, like Reeny I could not find the thread for the life of me.
Just posting there to make sure I got it :)
Congrats on finishing treatment and on 196 days Alison!!!

Carlotta 08-01-2013 05:08 PM

Speaking of the South, here is an hysterical joke a friend of mine posted:

Lawyers should never ask a Georgia grandma a question if they aren't prepared for the answer.

In a trial, a Southern small-town prosecuting attorney called his first witness, a grandmotherly, elderly woman to the stand. He approached her and asked, 'Mrs. Jones, do you know me?' She responded, 'Why, yes, I do know you, Mr. Williams. I've known you since you were a boy, and frankly, you've been a big disappointment to me. You lie, you cheat on your wife, and you manipulate people and talk about them behind their backs. You think you're a big shot when you haven't the brains to realize you'll never amount to anything more than a two-bit paper pusher. Yes, I know you.'

The lawyer was stunned. Not knowing what else to do, he pointed across the room and asked, 'Mrs. Jones, do you know the defense attorney?'

She again replied, 'Why yes, I do. I've known Mr. Bradley since he was a
youngster, too. He's lazy, bigoted, and he has a drinking problem. He can't build a normal relationship with anyone, and his law practice is one of the worst in the entire state. Not to mention he cheated on his wife with three different women. One of them was your wife. Yes, I know him.'

The defense attorney nearly died.

The judge asked both counselors to approach the bench and, in a very quiet voice, said,

'If either of you idiots asks her if she knows me, I'll send you both to the electric chair.

Like2Hike 08-01-2013 06:15 PM

That's funny, Carlotta. :lol: I could easily see that happening. I remember listening to my Mother and her friends have similar conversations at the drug store. The old kind of drug store that had a soda counter and a diner. I would read comic books while they drank sweet tea and gossiped.

Congrats Alison!

Reeny 08-01-2013 06:50 PM

That gave me a good laugh, Carlotta!

Congratulations, Alison. Life is better now!

LizG 08-02-2013 07:24 AM

Cooperstown and the Glimmerglass Festival await! ... oh yeah, and that little Baseball Hall of something building :-) Have a nice weekend everyone. I'll miss you! (Is it weird to say that?) :wave:

LizG 08-02-2013 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by AlisonW (Post 4100303)
I have NO IDEA what a mud bog is!! :lmao

-Alison

be thankful :-)

Like2Hike 08-02-2013 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by LizG (Post 4101167)
be thankful :-)

If William Fualkner were alive today he would frequent mud bogs. :) Another team member gives me chance to be envious...someday I hope to see Cooperstown, Liz. Enjoy your trip.

I just realized yesterday was my 7 month anniversary. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Reeny 08-02-2013 09:58 PM

Congrats on 7 months, L2H! Me too - Aug 1. Who can believe the day went by without noticing?

Dee74 08-02-2013 09:59 PM

congrats L2H! :)

D

Greensleeves 08-03-2013 12:34 AM

Liz--it's not weird to say that. :)

Congrats L2H and Reeny! I hit 7 months on the 2nd. Odd, not to be counting the days so closely anymore. Odd in a good way.

Reeny 08-03-2013 04:06 AM

Way to go, greensleeves!

woodhead 08-03-2013 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by Like2Hike (Post 4102399)
I just realized yesterday was my 7 month anniversary. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

L2H and Greensleeves,
Excellent - congrats. I think it's revealing that we don't notice these milestones as much as time goes on - sobriety has become a way of life. The good way.
Best,
W

AlisonW 08-03-2013 05:36 AM

Congrats to all joining the 7 month club!!

pianowoman 08-03-2013 08:09 AM

:day4Alison, Reeny, L2H, and Greensleeves-Wow, 7months, congratulations! Thanks for reminding me to check. It's 7 months for me, too. Is it a good thing or not that we are paying less attention to these milestones? I certainly don't want to take them for granted.

~Each day is a gift.

:ws_flower

Reeny 08-03-2013 03:31 PM

Congratulations, pianwoman! Good for you! :c011: