SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Moms and Mums Club 2013 Part 3 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/297733-moms-mums-club-2013-part-3-a.html)

Dollyangel17 06-20-2013 02:30 PM

Lol...so true Beavis. Bedtime when I am snuggled with the fan blowing on me while I snack and hang out here isu favorite time of day.

Dollyangel17 06-20-2013 05:29 PM

So earlier this morning I was cleaning out my closet of old clothes etc. hubby was bagging them up for me as I went. At one point I came across one of those little brown bags my pints of brandy came in. It must have been there from one if the times I stashed my brandy in there for secret sips.

Well hubby just stood there as I held it and there was an awkward silence. Had to break the awkwardness, so said..."huh, I don't remember bringing my bag of penny candy up here and eating it.";-). Well, we both started laughing, and it eased the moment:-)

Ah well...got to have some humor in all this.

PeacefulRain 06-20-2013 08:52 PM

I found a wine bottle stashed in my nightstand a few weeks ago. I have no idea how long it had been there but I'm positive for quite awhile. Thankfully I found it and not my husband. I think that's all of them now.....God I hope so!

Lifebeginsat41 06-20-2013 10:25 PM

Lol Dolly & Peace - I have a space behind the shed in the garden that is filled with empties - will have to sort that during our de-clutter!!

Off to work - it's going to be a day dealing with issues but I'll get through it!

Enjoy your day Moms :-)

We can do this - 15 days today for me so feeling proud of myself :-)

JustSarah 06-20-2013 11:25 PM

That's amazing life begins! Good for you! I also had a hiding place for bottles of wine - used to go to bed early cause I was 'tired' and get stuck in - its a pretty horrifying thought that I was even that devious! Anyways am on day 10 - were on holiday for another week and I'm pretty sure I can make this but the thought of returning home is the one that fills me with fear - back to old surroundings and habits. I think I'll start re-reading my Alan Carr book (which has helped me so much so far) in preparation for good ole gloomy Britain.

Hope you all have wonderful days wherever you are :)

Xxxxxxx

happybeingme 06-21-2013 07:04 AM

Good Morning Moms! Hope everyone is having a great day. It is beautiful here on the east coast U.S.A.
Remember you all deserve a beautiful sober life.
You are the best!

juststopit 06-21-2013 07:36 AM

morning mommas! Hope everyone is well. As happy said, beautiful here on east coast. Going to baby store with dad later today to buy the final baby proofing items for our house. Then they will be visiting next week and he will help install everything (my husband is not so good at that kind of thing. If something needs fixing I am usually the one to do it).

YEAH SUNSHINE!!!!

Lifebeginsat41 06-21-2013 09:50 AM

Hi Mom's

Another day done and we have a tiny bit of sunshine. In between the rain... Good old British Weather!!!

Nice night in with Hubby planned tonight so I'll see you all on the other side - have a great day/ evening.

sadsoul2011 06-21-2013 12:08 PM

Hello All!!!!

Hope everyone is having a great Friday! We must all be busy, busy - it is quiet in here today!

I'm having a rough day at work - TGIF! I'm ready for the weekend. The good news is that I'm not craving drinking at all - not even a little bit.

I'm loving how I feel right now (on Day 25). I have my energy back (since about Day 20) and my emotions are pretty even. I am staying on guard because I know that my AV is plotting its next move but for the moment I'm (dare I say it) HAPPY :)

I feel so blessed today! And, I'm so grateful for:
SR (esp. all the moms here and the Sobertobers)
my job (even though nuts today)
a whole weekend ahead
losing 4 lbs.

What is everyone doing this weekend for fun?

What is everyone doing this weekend to stay sober?

============================================

ME - FUN: I'm planning stuff to do: yard work, cleaning, craft projects, swimming with the kids and watching some dvds on TV.

ME - SOBER: Reading on SR several times a day. Playing the tape forward is needed - works well for me. Staying busy - keeping my hands busy. Remembering what I'm grateful for!

Lifebeginsat41 06-21-2013 12:34 PM

Hi Sadsoul - congrats on day 25 - I'm holding out for 5 more days till I reach day 20 and then get all this energy you're promising.... Lol!!! :-) :-) :-)

Nice relaxing evening with hubby - TeenBoy has gone out with friends - and a lot to do this weekend so definitely an early night?

So here goes;

FUN : local farmers market tomorrow, hair appointment, cinema with hubby & son, various shopping and errands to do (not sure they count as fun!) and then on Sunday shopping for the paint for the living room, new mantelpiece and possibly cinema again, and visit the MIL

SOBER : morning and night on SR and a few quick visits in between - looking at my hubby and son enjoying being with me :-) - and AA on Sunday evening.

Enjoy your sober weekend - sounds like you will be busy!

ImperfectlyMe 06-21-2013 03:35 PM

Hey mommas been awhile crazy crazy last week of school. But still sober miss all of you moms have to catch up. Today was last day of school a bunch of the moms organized a huge sprinkler fest for the kids to celebrate to get together was called moms and margaritas so you can guess the point of it. I was a tad jealous but still laughed a ton and had a pretty good time. When I refused the offer of a margurita that came out of a bucket I said I'm on a no sugar plan. No one seemed phased. Wonder what the reaction would have been if I said yeah no thanks I'm an alcoholic :)
Have a great weekend

Dollyangel17 06-21-2013 03:43 PM

Hi all! Was off again today due to my doctors appointment. I went and came clean...told her about my drinking and how I had quit, but was worried about what damage I might have done to my liver etc. she examined me and things look good, but we will see what the blood test results bring.

I hope any damage I did can be rectified. Should know the results Monday or Tuesday. Say a prayer for me please that I make out okay.

Hanging with my girl tonight.

ImperfectlyMe 06-21-2013 03:45 PM

Aww dolly will pray for you!!! Have a great girls night

Dollyangel17 06-21-2013 04:20 PM

Thanks Imperfect! My Dolly had her last day today too. She came home with a great cd they had made with pictures of the kids from the whole year. It was 15 min. Long and set to music....so sweet!

Hope you get s chance to relax tonight after your hectic week.

Hope you all have a great Friday night ladies!

PeacefulRain 06-21-2013 05:11 PM

I'm always worried I've drank myself into breast cancer. Oddly I've never been concerned about my liver.

Ladybug2 06-22-2013 06:40 AM

Hi everyone,

Hope you all are having a nice and fun weekend. I had a tough day yesterday fighting off the AV beast. At 48 days it still comes out of nowhere! Really caught me off guard. My in-laws were here playing with my daughter and I just wanted to pretend to run errands and go have a glass or two of wine at my favorite restaurant. I kept trying to play the entire tape through - after 2 glasses of wine my AV would tell me to stop at liquor store to get bottle of vodka and then I would come home, hide it, and sneak sips out of it throughout the rest of day/night. Hubby would have noticed, been extremely upset and disappointed, and I would have woken up this morning hating myself. Feeling very grateful this morning.

Have a date night with the hubby tonight to celebrate it being 5 years since we first met. Would normally be excited looking forward to my stuffed olive martini's, but trying to look forward to enjoying the good food and remembering the nice evening together.

Hope everyone is having a fun and sober weekend!

Ladybug2 06-22-2013 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by Dollyangel17 (Post 4029528)
Hi all! Was off again today due to my doctors appointment. I went and came clean...told her about my drinking and how I had quit, but was worried about what damage I might have done to my liver etc. she examined me and things look good, but we will see what the blood test results bring.

I hope any damage I did can be rectified. Should know the results Monday or Tuesday. Say a prayer for me please that I make out okay.

Hanging with my girl tonight.

Dolly, try not to worry. I'm sure everything will come back fine. I came clean with my Dr and had all of the bloodwork done 2 months ago, too. I was sure my liver enzymes would come back elevated, but they were completely normal. It is good you told your Dr and had the tests done. You will feel better knowing you are OK. Saying prayers for you, let us know what you hear.

Ladybug2 06-22-2013 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by PeacefulRain (Post 4029648)
I'm always worried I've drank myself into breast cancer. Oddly I've never been concerned about my liver.

Me too, PR! I never knew, until recently, how much drinking can increase a woman's risk! Scary, yet I still drank and drank :(

sadsoul2011 06-22-2013 03:29 PM

Hi to all the BUSY moms! It is so very quiet in here :).

Dolly - Don't worry. You're doing the right thing by getting everything checked out by the doctor. You'll feel much better knowing that you're fine. Make sure to let us know.

I also worried about breast cancer yet kept drinking - ugh! Yet *another * reason that I'm glad I've quit drinking. You know, there aren't any bad reasons for quitting drinking. Haha!

Ladybug - Have a wonderful dinner out! I'm envious :) I'm starving right now - along with the kids - I've got to get working on dinner (chicken and veggies).

I had a good day - 7+ hrs. of yard work. When I came in my AV was screaming at me BUT - I took the kids to the pool and sipped on some ice-cold lemon water and relaxed. The AV is back sulking in the corner of its cage. Thank goodness - even though I wasn't going to drink, I was dreading the thought of dealing my AV all night long. I'm already tired enough LOL.

My back is killing me! Instead of drinking the 'pain away' (well the pain doesn't really go away, but you know what I mean) - I'm going to get the kids in bed and then relax with the heating pad and some hot tea. Ahhhhh! Can.not.wait! What time is it? Is it the kid's bedtime yet? About 6:30p? Crap - not even close.

Oh well .... onward!!! Hope everyone is having a good evening! How is everybody doing? Hugs to anyone struggling tonight! Come on and say 'hi'!

Dollyangel17 06-22-2013 03:48 PM

Thanks ladies! Busy day here. It was make your own pizza night for me and my girl, and I tried a new recipe for pizza made with a cauliflower crust. Now I typically hate veggies, but this was really good! All part of trying to eat a little better.

My munchkins FINALLY lost her first tooth! So excited here. Tooth fairy finally gets to come:-). We are making glowing fairy dust to leave by the window so she will be sure to find our house:-)

Be back later after the little one is asleep:-)