SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class Of January 2012 Part 9 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/279288-class-january-2012-part-9-a.html)

Purplecatlover 01-03-2013 05:50 PM

Happy Anniversary to the 1 Years!
:nyz

NBC, good luck on your interview.

I have been busy enjoying my daughter's Christmas break. Being out of work has given me so much extra quality time with family. I feel so blessed.

I read some old journals from 2008-2011. I could not believe how horribly depressed, suicidal, Even (hate to admit it) homicidal, alcohell made me. I didn't want to live but I didn't want my child to suffer without me.
I can't believe how deep down into insanity that poison took me. I just felt like I could never escape that prison. Hopeless & pathetic.

And here I sit, a few days shy of a year & I am happier than I have EVER been in my whole life.
I almost let alcohol destroy me & my family, literally.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU , THANK YOU JESUS for saving me from myself, satan, misery, alcohell, insanity.....

Thank you guys for EVERYTHING you've done to help me.

I am a brand new person with a blessed, wonderful, fulfilling life.

It is an absolute miracle. <3

faceitandfixit 01-03-2013 06:47 PM

Well done, Lonestar !!! Big Congrats on your accomplishments and your 1 year!!!

Dee, I also wanted to comment on your avatar...I always loved the Beatles, what an iconic band! And great message...Let it be...:)

PCL, what a powerful message! We have all done and said horrible, shameful things under the influence. To me, alcohol is the Devil incarnate, nothing less. At it's taken many months of sobriety for it to release its powerful hold on my very soul. For me too, nothing short of a miracle. May God continue to bless you and all of us with this gift of sobriety!

nonblondechef 01-03-2013 08:59 PM

Florida is more than a state, eh? I am so totally uncool then, too! LOL - who knew?!?!?
So glad to read all these posts above. Did any of us ever think we would be here a year ago? I mean really, really where we are, sober - productive - thankful - grateful - saved? What an amazing fete. What a blessing.

Interview went great. Aaron said he would be calling me either Friday or Monday with an offer. He will also give me time to get moved to Wichita and settled before beginning so that gives me about 10 days to get my act together. Benefits start on day 31. Town is awesome. Happy girl, here! If I was still a drunk - I would be wallowing in my shame and sorrow. Drowning my sorrows and getting sicker by the day. What a wonderful, wonderful gift sobriety is - and so are you, family. How lucky am I! Love you all, T

dorito281211 01-03-2013 09:10 PM

Hey folks! Well, one year :). It's been a whirlwind for sure and undoubtably one of my best years ever. I love my sober life and am so grateful for alcoholism and recovery. I have found a new happiness and a new peace that I don't feel without the grace of God and the fellowship I would have ever found.
Love you all.

Brent

BillyPilgrim 01-04-2013 12:28 AM

Florida more that I state, I didnt know that either, they will be at it with Kansas, Asia and America next
I do like your muppet beatle takes Dee, I have a with the Mupples tea shirt. Unfortunately I have to explain it to people often these days
How did the interview go NBC?

Dee74 01-04-2013 12:36 AM

I was getting a lot of feedback over replacing George so I figure everyones favorite Beatle is gone now, Billy LOL

D

DarkDays 01-04-2013 03:17 AM

Slept rock solid for 6 hours last night without waking up. Years and years of horrid broken sleep . Nearly at a year well done all ! Year 2 peak far away in the distance , lets get climbing :)

BillyPilgrim 01-04-2013 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 3752142)
I figure everyones favorite Beatle is gone now

Sadly that is coming true more and more, only two left. That is the one thing in the world I cant get my head round , that the Beatles were not immortal. Even George Martin was not on Let It Be, so you have a totally Beatles free product there Dee!

@DD my sleep is all over the place. I dont get drunken wake ups any more, but if my mind is racing on something, I cant sleep, and have to wake and drink tea.

I envy those who gave up at the beginning of January, though I am glad I didnt, I dont do with New Year Resolutions and my quitting was a realisation that I had to, and not influenced by any outside influences, I think that is why it has stuck with me, I realised it was only me who I had to prove it to.

It is unusually mild up here in Manchester. Normally after Christmas we at least have a freeze, but I havent even got the heating on at present.

faceitandfixit 01-04-2013 08:19 AM

Awesome job, Dorito !!! Congrats on your One Year, here's to many, many more!!!

katrinka 01-04-2013 05:48 PM

That sounds pretty positive NBC! Does this mean you're going to move again?
Congrats Dorito!
PCL, isn't it amazing how we have all changed our lives? Your post brought tears to my eyes, I'm so happy for you.
I went to the jewelry store today and bought a charm for my bracelet as a celebration of my one year. I needed something tangible to remind me of the accomplishment and as a warning not to give in to cravings.
Have a great weekend! I'll be taking down all my Christmas decorations and the tree and hopefully doing some snowshoeing, too.

Purplecatlover 01-04-2013 06:08 PM

Kat, awesome on the charm! You deserve a nice reminder of your hard work.

Thanks for the kind words FaceIt. I felt so shameful that I even had such horrible thoughts, it was hard to admit it. But it makes me appreciate even more the blessings, second chance that I have at life & I will NEVER take it for granted or mess it up again.

Way to go, NBC. You rock!

Congrats to Dorito! I'm sure there's more closet Januarians out there. I pray they are all well :)

nonblondechef 01-04-2013 06:56 PM

Happy Friday night, peeps.

Dorito - you are awesome! Congrats and as FIAFI said, here's to many, many more years! Kat I think the charm is an amazing idea. Precious metal to touch and feel your precious, hard earned sobriety. Very cool. Maybe you could take a pic and show us?

Found a great place on a lake just a short drive from the new job. Let's hope this is the last move in a good long time - I'm sick of it! The leasing agent asked me if I smoke, which I don't, and she was relieved as this unit is in a total non smoking building. I had to hold back and not say I don't drink, either... pure as the driven snow, eh? :roflmao

Gonna wrap up this episode pf the Waltons and hit the sheets and fire up the Kindle. Hugs, T

DarkDays 01-05-2013 03:23 AM

Day 358.

Have a nice weekend all.

faceitandfixit 01-05-2013 11:36 AM

Kat, we must think alike, lol. I bought jewelry too. I actually bought two spiritual charms, and a spiritual bracelet. All reminders of my journey and accomplishments. Wear yours proud!

(((PCL))) you are awesome!

NBC, hope third time's a charm for you. Since I am so full of intuition these days, lol, my prediction is that both the job and the new digs will work out perfectly!

Just wanted to mention that I've ventured out to the "one year and over" group. Bunch of great peeps on that thread. Of course this will always be my home base.

Getting over the flu along with my two kiddos. Probably should have gotten the shot, but it's running its course and I'm on the mend. The body definitely heals much more easily without poison running through it :)

Enjoy your weekend everyone!!!
Love to all xo

nel68 01-06-2013 08:44 AM

Hello class just a quick check in...I wanted to say HaPpY SoBeR BiRtHdAy to you all!!:day1...So so happy for my friends can't say it enough!♥ Love you all!:ring... I have been laid up with my leg still which is good in away it gives me time to be still and reflect on the past year and what I want for the new year...Just wanted to check in and say hello to my SR bestie♥....Dark days you avatar is freaking me out ..sorry but it looks like the girl off that scary movie Exorcist...lol That movie scared the holy crap out of me many many years ago...lol......Love ya's, off to ice the knee. Come see me in my 2013 class sometime, I think we could use the inspiration of the 2012 awesome January class!♥

seanie1888 01-06-2013 11:17 AM

Hi Nel,
I like you have joined jan 2013, I also thought like you that I was not worthy to still be long to this class, but reading how postive everyone is, is helping me a lot and giving me hope.
I going to 1st meeting in a year in an hour and pretty nervous, only ever been to 2 b4.
I'm so happy for you who have 1 year up, and the rest off you who will soon be celbrating.
PCL would you mind if I use your quote about Jesus at bottom of my posts, i love it and have a good relatationship with him all my life.
Sorry about spelling and grammer, but my head a bit fried.
Take care everyone x

nel68 01-06-2013 12:38 PM

Hey Seanie, I think its great that you are going to a meeting, that is one thing I have not worked the courage up to do, so kudos to you my friend!! We have both had our relapse struggles, I can say because we have not giving up on our self after our relapse, means we still have the fight to get sober.....! Did you join the 2013 class? I will always come back home to my 2012 class to visit. :)

faceitandfixit 01-06-2013 12:43 PM

So proud of you two, Seanie and Nel. Don't give up, get a good program in place. May 2013 be your year!!! xo

BillyPilgrim 01-06-2013 02:10 PM

Keep popping your heads around the door Seanie and Nel. We are all on the same journey

seanie1888 01-06-2013 03:11 PM

Thanks everyone for kind words.
Yes Nel joined 2013 but will still keep coming back to my friends here.

Meeting went well, I was so scared at start, I went to 2 about a year ago so I knew wat to expect, I kept wanting to get up and leave at start, but so many nice people with good stories.
We are all in the same boat.
I talked but not much.
I will be going back.
Love to all