SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   One Year & Under Club Part 8 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/272530-one-year-under-club-part-8-a.html)

FrenchPink 10-28-2012 05:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey, my wonderful Undies! I hope everyone is doing well in continued sobriety, or celebrating a courageous day 1.

Thought I'd pop in with an afternoon picture of the inlet (foreground) and ocean (background) on my slice of the Eastern seaboard. Made possible by Frankenstorm Hurricane Sandy:

Attachment 17501

bloss 10-28-2012 08:10 PM

Sunday evening about 8:00 p.m.

Long day hiking with my father in law (85 years young). He did good, one minor tumble, no damage. Been up in the mountains awhile, just got back. We all had Chinese food at dads house, just got home. Hope all you Undies had a safe, happy Sunday. I am going to catch up on posts/ threads see what has been happening on SR today.

Take care, sleep well
Bloss

Jeni26 10-29-2012 01:07 AM

Morning Undies xx

I LOVE being at home and not working.....still in bed at 8 a.m, how decadent!
I want to win the lottery so I never need to work again.

Going out for lunch with my sister and her 2 daughters today. Taking my 16 year old daughter with me if I can prise her out of her bed. All good.

Thinking of our American cousins if you're in the path of the hurricane. Hope all goes well for you and damage is limited xxx

Caledonia1 10-29-2012 04:23 AM

Morning all!

Like you Jeni, i've got a day off too. Quick paerwork catch up and light housework then off to a lunchtime meeting.Great!

Thinking of all those affected by this nasty hurricane. Stay safe. (arghh typing with these nails is such a pain.)

:grouphug:

walkingwithgod 10-29-2012 04:28 AM

I already have failed twice Friday and Sunday, just a few but failed. I am so nervous about this storm, and hate myself for using it as an excuse. I will never drink again I hate this feeling. I am sorry to all of you who help support me.

Dee74 10-29-2012 05:46 AM

You've received a lot of great advice lately WWG - I hope you decide to put some of it into practice :)

D

bloss 10-29-2012 05:59 AM

Good morning Undies

I am so thankful all of you are here. Prayers going out to those in the path of the storm here in eastern U.S.

I had a bit of an off weekend, but a nice hike. I didn't get my usual amount of time on SR. So will try to go back over the threads. The good thing is I didn't drink. In the past a falling out with spouse and the resulting bad feelings could have resulted in drinking.

I need to be extra vigilant because the old insomnia has reared it's head also. So thankful to be able to read all the ideas and encouragement you all give.

Stay safe today Undies
Bloss

Caledonia1 10-29-2012 03:11 PM

bloss lack of sleep is a killer, makes everything so much more difficult. Give yourself some credit for recognising a potential trigger for you. Stay strong bloss, love your thoughts and ideas for our recovery.;)

Grace A very Happy Monday to you, always to positive. Brightens up my day. When I read your posts I visualise you running around from pillar to post, singing, typing and even hoovering on the run with a huge smile on your face...........lol Is this you? ;)

Just watching the news right now regards Hurricane Sandy. You guys are all in my thoughts. Big hugs!

WWG Jobei is one of my Classmates in the March Class. He has turned a negative into a positive regards this storm. Have a wee look if you get a chance.

I've had a lovely day today but as usual didn't fit everything in, I never do. One BIG change I need to make. I always to pack too much into my days, can't really prioritise very well.

Catch you all later Undies and so grateful for all your kind words of wisdom and for just being here.

bloss 10-29-2012 04:18 PM

Afternoon Undies...

Just a normal Monday, which is perfectly alright with me. I hope everyone's Monday has been safe (prayers for those affected by Sandy).

Nicky: Thanks so much for the kind words. Yes lack of sleep seems to make small issues seem so much larger. You mentioned trying to pack too many things into the day, I can relate. I think I am going to accomplish X number of things, something always happens to derail me. Oh, well at least we are doing it sober. I used to try to do home chores while I drank, didn't work out too well. Have a great evening, and remember there is always tomorrow to do what we didn't finish today.

WWG: Hope you are doing alright, take care of yourself.

Everyone, stay safe, strong and sober
Bloss

Caledonia1 10-29-2012 04:31 PM

Oh bloss I had to laugh you triggered a few memories there whilst drinking, gawd I cooked some awful dinners and .............housework that was just a joke.By no means am I trying to take away the seriousness of this illness for anyone who may be struggling but sometimes it is good to laugh as well.

Nighty night.:grouphug:

Grace2 10-29-2012 04:34 PM

23.00 Mon

Hi my undies

I hope you're all well and have had a good day. This is the first time I've managed to get on here today due to one thing and another! My daughter took her two to school and pre school this morning and got there to find they were the only ones there. It was an inset day (teacher training) and she hadn't seen the letter! So she turned up at my house at 09.20 with the two of them for me to look after while she went to work. Big sigh, so I've had three of them all day, plus my other half is off work this week as he is starting a new job next Monday so he is having a break. So not really had a minute all day. I took the children to a soft play area which was heaving and then I took then to see my mum and dad for an hour.

Bathed and hair washed now, p.j's on, catching up with the posts here before going to bed. I'm up at 06.30 in the morning for work.

F.P amazing photo, just take care. By the way I had a look at your eli pic in the May group, gorgeous!

Bloss your hike sounds very invigorating. Your Father in Law sounds amazing, more power to him, I just so wish my Dad could still do things like that, he would have loved it! I hope your insomnia is short lived. you can just cope so much better for getting some sleep.

Jeni, I love being at home too, I just can't understand how people say they get bored! Still in bed at 08.00, what luxury!

Nicky, I'm sure you'll soon get used to the nails, are you going to keep them, having infills etc? Bet you look very ladylike and all posh!
Yes, that's me, always on the go, I'm even up and down the slides with the g. children at the soft play area. I probably look like a mad woman with my hair stuck up all over the place!! Like you, I never seem to get on top of everything, there just isn't enough hours in the day.

WWG, you just have to pick yourself up and start again. Keep on trying till you get it right. Maybe go back and read some of your early posts and what about going to the A.A again after this Hurricane has died down! I read somewhere that you wanted to go back but was ashamed about slipping! That is what the A.A is there for, support and help. I can guarantee you that about 95% of the members have slipped or relapsed on more than one occasion, they have been where you are and know exactly how you feel.

To all of you who may or will be affected by Hurricane Sandy, I will be saying a prayer for you tonight and every night for the duration. I've been following it it on the news so I realise how serious the situation may be. Please be careful and look after yourselves, don't take any chances.

bloss 10-29-2012 04:41 PM

Grace, sounds like with the children and your other half at home, you had a busy day. Sleep well tonight...

Nicky, yes it is a serious disease, but when I think of the food I prepared, let's just say, it was unusual. So, no more strange food and looking for things I had carefully "put away" the night before.

Oh now, I'm feeling hungry...

Grace2 10-30-2012 02:47 AM

09.35 Tue

Morning Undies

Back to normal now, sat in work at the bottom of the hill with a coffee at the ready. It's quite mild outside today but damp, though I'm not complaining, it's nothing compared to what some of you may be facing.

I had quite a good sleep thanks Bloss and I hope you've managed to get some too! Talking about cooking, you should have seen some of the concoctions I dished up when I was on the wine!

Going to do a bit of work now, but I'll catch up again later no doubt.

Just for today I will do something I want to do, no matter what anyone else thinks

walkingwithgod 10-30-2012 04:59 AM

The storm is over, and we did not have any damage. I am so happy that we made it, and I made it sober. I know now that I can do it. Today is day 2 and with it was day 30, but I will take it. God Bless all of you.

Caledonia1 10-30-2012 05:29 AM

Hi Undies
Don't be confused, your eyes to not deceive Nickytams1 has been reincarnated at [B]CALEDONIA1[/B
Unfortunately had to change, long story but SR kindly let me chage it.

Feel free to still call me Nicky if you wish. ;)

Well today I had big plans but woke up in a rather strange, down frame of mind.(I sometimes feel like this, not sure why) Anyway tried the usual to lighten my mood, walked the kids to school. walked the dog, housework but finally just had a nice hot bath and gonna chill our and stuff my face........lol Peace and quite.........

How is everyone doing? The news was just awful this morning to watch. Poor souls.

Grace2 10-30-2012 05:58 AM

Hi WWG so glad you made it through with no damage done, apart from to yourself!! I've changed the saying under my signature just for you this week!! xx

Hi Nicky

I'm soooo intrigued, can you not share? Only if you want to though! Hope your black cloud mood has lifted, enjoy the peace and quiet while you can. I've not seen the news this morning but I'll have a look at it when I get chance.

See you later

Caledonia1 10-30-2012 06:06 AM

haha Grace it's no big deal, honestly;)

walkingwithgod 10-30-2012 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by Grace2 (Post 3648497)
Hi WWG so glad you made it through with no damage done, apart from to yourself!! I've changed the saying under my signature just for you this week!! xx

Hi Nicky

I'm soooo intrigued, can you not share? Only if you want to though! Hope your black cloud mood has lifted, enjoy the peace and quiet while you can. I've not seen the news this morning but I'll have a look at it when I get chance.

See you later

Thanks Grace, you are so kind.

Grace2 10-30-2012 08:16 AM

Okay Nicky, just being nosey :)

OneLessLonely 10-30-2012 09:30 AM

I am glad you said something Nicky because the picture was so familiar but I couldn't place the name and didn't remember seeing an intro. Thought I was going crazy! I have those down mood days for unknown reasons. Used to drink them away. Now I too am working on accepting them and being kind to myself on them. It might just the universe's way of getting ourselves to chill out in the tub or something equally kind.