SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   One Year and Over Club Part 4 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/249324-one-year-over-club-part-4-a.html)

Kablume 03-25-2012 02:25 PM

Manz, I didn't know how to convey the words I wanted to say to you but LB and R&A did a fine job. I'm glad that you are able to go past that store today. You are a fantastic woman and mom!

****{hugs}}}

Rusty Zipper 03-26-2012 02:38 AM

nine years today,

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!

what a ride

FBL 03-26-2012 03:26 AM

WOW! Congrats on 9 years, RZ:)

Kablume 03-26-2012 03:32 AM

Congrats RZ on your 9 years! That's fantastic!

LoftyIdeals 03-26-2012 03:46 AM

Congrats, RZ! Thanks for the inspiration!

Dee74 03-26-2012 04:00 AM

Congratulations Rusty - thats an awesome achievement :)

D

ReadyAndAble 03-26-2012 06:14 AM

That's terrific, RZ! Thanks for spending bits of that time here, and setting such a great example.

LotusBlossom 03-26-2012 06:22 AM

Amazing, Zippy! Thanks for sharing a piece of your sobriety with us!

Itchy 03-26-2012 08:46 AM

Congrats RZ, my fellow Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court and friend. I am glad you are there, and that you take some time here. The gift, you share.

Itchy 03-26-2012 08:53 AM

Thanks one and all for the moments and the music, that I have enjoyably spent the last half hour enjoying.

LB you ARE interesting to read.

R&A goodness my eyes crinkle up now in Pavlovian response to that simple acronym. I agree, mullets are to be caught in a net and sautéed, not worn on the head!

Kablume you always seem to chime in perzactly when you should.

Manz I will deal with you separately.
:scoregood

Itchy 03-26-2012 09:05 AM

Manz,
Dear friend of the feminine persuasion. I have chimed in and read your posts of frustration. My only advice is to remember the rules of carpentry. Take a lesson from those simple tools, the driver does make a difference. I'll share my doggerel about this subject written just a few years ago by yours truly. But you can't get put together without venturing out to where the really good carpenters are, who work so well with their hands.

Screwing vs. Hammering

Nails they merely need a pounding,
Hammering is all you need,
Screwing needs a careful driver,
Angling in and matching speed.

Hammering is just a short task,
Screwing takes a lot more time,
Nails are only asking for it,
Screws demand more of sublime.

Nails they don’t care if they split it,
Screws are gentler more refined,
If you want to really bind it,
Screw it! If you have the time.

Yes Manz you do need a vacation.

You can't applaud with just one hand either.
:c033:

(Yes it is copyrighted so please don't pass it around, I posted it for my friends gentle amusement here only)

Manz 03-26-2012 11:59 AM

zipperman.......congratulations! You are an inspiration, and an enigma. Thanks for being around.

Rusty Zipper 03-26-2012 06:22 PM

an enima, no way! lol

thanks gang

ReadyAndAble 03-26-2012 07:16 PM

Come on RZ, give us a speech!!!

(You can recycle one of Itchy's if you want -- lol!)

Rusty Zipper 03-27-2012 04:03 AM

ok, you got it r&a

i drank and drugged, made my life one hell of a mess,

completely surrendered!

found a program of recovery that worked for me,

continue to work it on a daily basis,

and the bomb of it all,

good old rule 62

"I dont take myself too damm serious"

LotusBlossom 03-27-2012 05:34 AM

Is rule 62 like statistics? 87% of statistics are made up on the spot? ;). I like the rule for sure.

I...feel incredibly hung over today. Like sheesh. I'm not complaining in the following, just explainin'.

Sitting there Sunday afternoon chilling out and I got a call from the boss, which I know is NEVER a good thing 10 minutes before the 12 hour shift starts overnight Sunday. I pick up and he is like "Can you work? The guy just called in." I'm like....till what time? Because I gotta still come in at 7:30am-8:00am Monday morning and that just doesn't add up (5pm to 5am Sunday night to Monday morning). So he asks me to work till midnight Sunday evening/Monday morning. So....5pm to midnight. I'm like hmph. Ok, whatever. 7 hours of overtime. I'll be dragging it tomorrow, but ok.

So I go in, end up getting like 4 hours of sleep total sunday night work yesterday...I'm loopy as all crap yesterday because of the lack of sleep and I mean just loopy giggly, plain STUPID (I didn't send out communication to anyone on purpose because...it was bad). I go to bed a bit earlier than normal last night around 10:30 to get a bit more sleep and I wake up this morning completely hung over feeling. I'm like what the heck? I get here and my boss who worked 3am Monday morning till 1pm Monday afternoon felt the same way this morning.

The body is such a weird thing. You give it what you think it needs and it responds with a big giant middle finger. :p.

I hope everyone has a good (and a better day than previous ones) day.

I wish I could have my own personal coffee pot right at my desk today. Heh.

Itchy 03-27-2012 05:08 PM

Hey R&A I represent that statement! Those weren't speeches! They are chapters for my book, "What Kind of Fool Am I? The Worst Kind"

RZ did way better than I would have. TTY'allL

Dee74 03-27-2012 05:14 PM

I hope you reconsider Itchy -you're part of the gang, man :)

D

ReadyAndAble 03-27-2012 08:35 PM

Reconsider what? Did I miss something?

Itchy, you weren't seriously offended, I hope. I was just razzing you. Never take a man with a mullet seriously!

I actually made some rather significant decisions based on wisdom you've imparted here—and that's no joke. Your posts are long, and also worth every word.

Itchy 03-27-2012 08:36 PM

Dee! Already did, but thanks bud. I know.

I actually suffer from rectalcephalitis which is chronic. I have had rectalcephalism as long as I can remember. It was aggravated daily by my drinking but since I quit It only flares up occasionally. It has just flared up again. Once each attack subsides it leaves a distinct but faint brown ring around the neck. I am hoping I am over it for a while. It is such a PITA while it is flaring.