SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of July 2011 Part 5 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/245475-class-july-2011-part-5-a.html)

Dee74 01-07-2012 03:26 PM

Class of July 2011 Part 5

we continue from here :)

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...pt-4-a-20.html

D

Cerberus 01-07-2012 05:48 PM

woo hoo part 5!

thekat and stuart - I am sorry to hear you are struggling. I am however glad to see you both back here. I just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you both and hoping things get better for each of you very soon. Please stick around and let us know how it's going even if just to vent it out.

stuartp 01-08-2012 06:21 AM

Thanks Cerb for the thoughts and words of encouragement. I think some people would look at a slip up as starting again from Day 1. I can't do that to myself. I've done a lot of heavy lifting about things over the past 6 months, and this cannot be all for naught. I have over 5 months of really healthy living under my belt and getting back to that is more of a motivation than getting away from the bottle was back in July. It's the difference between working toward something (sobriety) or running away from something (drinking). Back in July, I didn't know what the future could hold. I know this much better now. This is not to say that I'm cured or I don't have a problem, I do have better coping mechanisms than I did 6 months ago - and need to figure out more. Thanks again for your support.

Cerberus 01-08-2012 07:05 PM

I think you really have a great attitude, stuart. I feel the same way - I slipped back at the end of July, 3 weeks after I started. However, I feel that since I learned so much, kept at it and understood some reasons why I relapsed, I still count the beginning of July as the start of my sobriety. I suppose that reasoning may not work in some circles, but this is all about me after all :) so I say whatever feels solid and right is the way to go.

dickensen 01-09-2012 07:35 AM

6 months today without booze! Thanks to all for your informative and encouraging posts.

Cerberus 01-09-2012 12:02 PM

awesome, dickensen! great job and congrats on 6 months :)

ViciousCycle 01-09-2012 01:40 PM

Hey Stuart and Kat, we just started this new page......new start, right? :)
Keep moving forward and both of you will do just fine. You are Julians no matter what.

What kind of doggie did you get Kat? (hey that sounds weird, lol)

Today is my Friday and I came home and took a little snooze.......during the snooze I had a dream that I was at this huge party and this one lady grabbed me and led me to a bar/kiosk type thing and ordered me a drink. The drink was called a "Bella." lol............it was a cheap wine mixed with something like Baileys......?????? Anyway, I drank some in the dream and then thought to myself that I should start drinking wine again....I started thinking how much fun wine would be again at dinner........

Then I woke up.

SCARY.

thekat 01-10-2012 12:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all,

VC I know, been having drinking dreams and they scare me all over again, last night i dreamt my husband died in my arms, it was so awful i was crying when i woke up :-(

The dog we got is a Podenco, at least that's what they're called here, kind of like a pointer, I will upload a pic. She is starting to settle and our other dog is slowly getting used to her. Think he was a bit cheesed off we dragged him to the vets for the snip so that we could be sure they're will be no puppies!!!

Hope everyone else is ok xxxx

Dee74 01-10-2012 01:25 AM

It's only a dream VC :)

congratulations dickensen :)

D

thekat 01-10-2012 06:16 AM

Just had a call off Nick (husband),
He is planning on taking tomorrow off work so we can go walking with the dogs together.

He knows I am suffering and having to spend hours in bed, so he wants me to get out and about walking again, but he knows I'm too nervous at the minute to go out without him, I swear I have the best husband in the world!!!

So hopefully tomorrow after the walk we can start working on the garden again because I have neglected it for a couple of weeks and since getting Holly the new one she's not got any idea of what areas she can go on and which she can, so it's been trampled on a bit!!!

I am going through such a rough patch, i don't know what to do with myself, I can't sleep all day but feel like I need to, and then I'm scared I'll get up and just go for a drink, luckily there is no alcohol in the house and Nick will keep it that way, because at the minute I won't leave the house unless it's with him to make sure I don't drink. Crazy or what!! I am never putting him or myself through this again!!!!!

Kat xxxx

ViciousCycle 01-10-2012 06:26 AM

Thanks Dee, lol.....

Oh I love that pic!!!!!!! He looks like he would be fun to go off and walk with. Can I borrow him? :)
I want a dog some day but right now I am in a condo....not sure how good that would be for a doggie.

I hope all are well today.......sure miss Elvis around here. I even tried his instant message address and it doesn't work...........hope he's ok.

stuartp 01-10-2012 08:33 AM

Dickensen . . . congrats... You are an inspiration!

Thanks for the positive thoughts from everyone. I need to keep reminding myself it all gets done One Day at a Time.

stuartp 01-13-2012 03:17 AM

Really quiet around here.

Happy Friday the 13th! Unless of course you are friggatrishtkaidekaphobic.

(Yes, I had to look that up).

Dee74 01-13-2012 03:38 AM

:scared:

D

Cerberus 01-13-2012 06:54 AM

good to see we still have a sense of humor around here! Hope ya'll have a great weekend.

ViciousCycle 01-13-2012 01:47 PM

No superstitions here.......
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._-_1169749.jpg

ViciousCycle 01-13-2012 01:49 PM

I actually like Friday the 13th!

Hope everyone is well......still grateful to be sober. I also got a clean bill of health from my last mammo so I can now breathe a little easier....scary time for me.

How is everyone else??

Cerberus 01-13-2012 02:17 PM

Great to hear, VC - I am happy you are healthy. My sister has suffered through breast cancer, I understand that the mammos can be very anxiety filled. I breathe a sigh of relief with you!

And I like Friday the 13th too! cue the scary music. although, actually I can't stand horror films!

Dee74 01-13-2012 03:19 PM

glad all went well VC :hug:

have a great weekend gang :)

D

ViciousCycle 01-15-2012 02:59 AM

It's funny Cerb, I loved horror flicks when I was young.....now? No way. Speaking of movies, I am due a date night with the old man.......lol. Twilight? War Horse? Red tails? Anyone a movie buff?

Nothing new here, just working.....keep moving forward Julians.