SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of June 10-Part 6 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/230876-class-june-10-part-6-a.html)

alexvt 10-14-2011 10:02 AM

Hey all:)

Princess Lyddie- I am sorry about all your work stress:( This too shall pass...:)

Dee- I am glad to hear it! Thanks for the edit and the quick reply!

I am doing good. Living my life!

Note to self- Never take a 2 year old to Party City! Holy terror, and I am not talking about Halloween! Tiara's, tears and plastic pumpkins everywhere! Oh the carnage!

Have a great weekend:)

DAY-110=250

alexvt 10-14-2011 10:46 AM

Whoops! I meant:

DAY 110=255 :) It's hard to keep up with if I don't do it everyday! LOL!

lyddie 10-14-2011 06:57 PM

Hey Beth - You are right - it is now Friday evening and it has all passed for this week. Love the images of the carnage at Party City.

Enjoy the weekend - you too HFA if you are lurking around!

HFA 10-16-2011 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by alexvt (Post 3132936)
HFA- I hope things are getting better?

I'm doing ok, but last couple days have been very rough. My dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer (as you may know, my mom just finished chemo for colon cancer). I made 2, count them 2, separate trips to the ER. My 11yr old DD fell at dance and broke her collar bone. Couple hrs later my 13yr old DD fell and messed up her wrist. Nothing broke, but she has to wear a splint for 2 weeks.

but life goes on...

Dee74 10-16-2011 08:43 PM

I'm really sorry HFA - prayers to you in this difficult time.

D

lyddie 10-17-2011 05:20 AM

HFA - Thinking of you and your family. Hope things get easier for you soon.

alexvt 10-17-2011 07:57 AM

((HFA)), sorry about your dad. Your 2 daughter's both going to the ER is just crazy! That will be a story to tell at every Thanksgiving! I hope they heal quickly my friend:)

alexvt 10-17-2011 08:05 AM

All good here! I still have zero cravings. I am wondering if one day I will just wake up and find myself in the liquor store buying one of everything! LOL! This is so weird! Again I am grateful and a little shocked at how easy it has been. I guess it was a long hard road getting here though! I just wish I wouldn't have wasted so much of my life drinking it away. Oh well this is my path...:)

So have an Amazing week everyone!

DAY 113=252

alexvt 10-19-2011 05:21 PM

Hey all, I hope your having a good week.

Prayers for you and your loved ones HFA.

I just thought I would check in.

DAY 115-250 ( tomorrow I will beat my old record:))

alexvt 10-20-2011 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by alexvt (Post 3142806)
Hey all, I hope your having a good week.

Prayers for you and your loved ones HFA.

I just thought I would check in.

DAY 115-250 ( tomorrow I will beat my old record:))

Well, I just went back and I was wrong. I made it to 117 days and drank on 118 days. So 2 more days and I break my record!

DAY 116=249 :)

alexvt 10-20-2011 01:07 PM

Thinking of you HFA- I hope your girls get better real soon. Again, I am so sorry about your dad.

lyddie 10-20-2011 04:17 PM

Beth - Do I congratulate you for beating your previous sober record on Saturday or Sunday? And will you post the day you do?

I am so glad that this time it is easier for you.

Dee74 10-20-2011 04:39 PM

way to go Beth :D

D

alexvt 10-21-2011 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by lyddie (Post 3143782)
Beth - Do I congratulate you for beating your previous sober record on Saturday or Sunday? And will you post the day you do?

I am so glad that this time it is easier for you.

Good question Lyddie, I drank late in the night on my 118 day, so I am going to go with Sunday Being my official record at 119 days!

I love the freedom NOT drinking gives me:) I hope you're having a good week Lyddie!!

Thanks Dee:)

DAY 117=248

lyddie 10-23-2011 07:40 AM

:c029:

Congratulations Beth for breaking your sober days record! Your future is bright!

((( HUGS )))

alexvt 10-23-2011 10:42 AM

Thanks Lyddie! Luv Ya!

Love my sobriety so much more this time around! I cannot believe I actually drank something that made me so sick all of the time. That's just so self-destructive! Life is good when your healthy:)

DAY 119-245

Dee74 10-23-2011 02:04 PM

great to hear Beth :)

D

alexvt 10-24-2011 12:09 PM

Thanks Dee:) I hope life is treating good!

Hey HFA where are you? Getting a little worried. I guess you have your hands full right now:( Thinking of you.

Lyddie How have you been doing? Maybe if you get a sec you can tell us the coolest thing you saw or did on your trip? I hope you are well.

DAY 120-245 (4 months tomorrow:))

Dee74 10-24-2011 02:13 PM

ups and downs Beth but doing ok :)

D

alexvt 10-25-2011 10:48 AM

I feel you Dee:)

4 months today! YAY! Have a good day:)

DAY 121=244

lyddie 10-25-2011 12:22 PM

And another CONGRATULATIONS, Beth! Everyday is a new record for you.

I have a had a really miserable cold with a wicked bad sore throat the past week. I thought I would somehow be immune to bad colds once I was sober and healthy but sadly NO, that's not true. I did have some moments of wishing for a hot toddy with bourbon, brandy or whatever to kill the pain. But no way I am going back to the past. The thought of having another Day One always stops the wishful thinking.

alexvt 10-26-2011 06:47 AM

((Lyddie)) - I hope you feel better soon! Hopefully you'll be immune for the rest of the season after this. Oh and about the craving.... I was talking to my friend the other day and I made an analogy between drinking and the flu. I said drinking was like offering me a cup of the yummy FLU Virus. It made me so sick I would throw up, get the sweats, exhausted, and feel just completely miserable! Oh and the cure for that flu virus of course was more flu in a glass! I cannot believe how many times I choose to be sick over the last 30 years! It's crazy when you think about it.

Take care of yourself Princess Lyddie:)

alexvt 10-26-2011 06:49 AM

I am doing good but like Dee and the rest of the world life is a roller coaster:( :) :( :)

Have a good day guys.

DAY 122=243

lyddie 10-27-2011 07:22 AM

Good Morning. Just wanted to check in before running of to work. Yes - I am feeling better thanks. Let's all wish for a wonderful day full of goodness and blessings for everyone.

Have a Good Day!

alexvt 10-30-2011 10:19 AM

Hey Guys I hope everyone is well. I took DD trick or treating for the first time at the Boo-levard on Friday. She had a blast and everyone stopped to comment on her costume. She was so well behaved I was one proud mama.

She has a party at school tomorrow and I signed up to make banana bread. I have to get on that today!

Looks like we will be moving back to Atl sooner than later. It makes me sad because we were just starting to sprinkle the seeds here. I had my mom go look at a house I found on internet. It is amazing and close to my mom. We will see. Her dad informed me that he wants to date one day and can't do it with us living in the same house. I cannot afford a decent place here on my own (he knows this) and I don't have enough reason to stay. Her dad has no problem with us leaving. So sad for DD but I figure we should leave before he finds someone and totally blows her off. He has so much anger, I cannot bare to be around his negativity. He will always be welcomed in my home to see DD anytime. Oh well God has a plan.

Take care everyone:)

126=239

Dee74 10-30-2011 02:17 PM

sorry to hear that you have to move Beth - but I guess you're right about the ex.

D

lyddie 10-30-2011 03:55 PM

Beth - Are you strong enough in your sobriety to move back? I was hoping you would have more time here to "settle in yourself" before moving. Since your ex is being so difficult than it would probably be better if you go sooner rather than later. Will you be home for Christmas?

HFA - Hope all is ok with you. Please check in if you can.

alexvt 11-01-2011 06:13 PM

Thanks guys.

Yes Lyddie, I am fine to move back. I will not drink again, anywhere. I think it is time.

Thanks for asking.

Rough weekend. I am exhausted. I still do not think about drinking my problems away.

HFA- Please check in.

Day something... LOL... I usually look at last post but it is on the other page. Still sober!

Night.

DAY

alexvt 11-01-2011 06:15 PM

Day 128=237 :)

ANEWAUGUST 11-03-2011 04:17 AM

Beth..congrats on beating your last benchmark of sobriety..hurray!

If you do move back...please let me know. I am in or around Atlanta quite a bit. I would love to buy you a cup of coffee :)