SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of June 2011 Part Two (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/230463-class-june-2011-part-two.html)

bblackbirdflyy 07-01-2011 07:35 AM

Oh Cherry please dont feel bad. Pick yourself up and start again. You are here and thats what counts. You keep trying we all do. The fact that you admit it, is just downright beautiful and respectful. We are all still here for you! Keep strong this weekend.
hear! hear! I say stay a juner,,,, i mean bexxed thought it was still june soo :lala We have all slipped up. Just keep on making the effort. thats what counts.... besides We cant be down when the second episode of trueblood season four is on in 2 days!!!

bexxed 07-01-2011 07:49 AM

you missed me. I was around from a couple weeks ago. date is june 13.

bratnik 07-01-2011 07:50 AM

Hi Class!!

I only have a second because I was reading so many awesome posts from everyone. I am off to the Dr. Hopefully my lab work is back and I can deal with the results and move on.

Very quickly - Cherry I want you to stay in our class!!! Why do you have to move to July? Anyway, I don't want to lose part of our team, that's all. You have a boatload of integrity to post to us and we are all here for you. Stay with us, the power of support from all of us is awesome and I don't want to lose ya.

more later.

CherryD 07-01-2011 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by bblackbirdflyy (Post 3020029)
hear! hear! I say stay a juner,,,, i mean bexxed thought it was still june soo :lala We have all slipped up. Just keep on making the effort. thats what counts.... besides We cant be down when the second episode of trueblood season four is on in 2 days!!!

lol there is no way you can be down when True Blood is coming up. I'm curled up watching season 2 right now and my husband made me some bacon. So there is no reason for my to feel bad as of this moment.

Thanks everyone this is my second slip up of the month. But I'm trying to think of it as I screwed up but it's no use to make myself guilty over it. Today is a new day and if I make myself miserable I'll slip up again. Easier said than done though.

bblackbirdflyy 07-01-2011 07:51 AM

classical You are awesome!!!

:chior

Buelah 07-01-2011 08:02 AM

Bratnik - you are right. CherryD stay with the class. You know, honestly....I think whatever class you want to be in should be your "homeroom class" and any others you care to pop in on will welcome you in with open arms. You can be like the leap year Juner. You are in the leap month of June. You get to float between both months as homeroom, lucky you!

Sounds like a deal Blackbird. Isn't that awful, too? I would do the same thing, have a few shots on the way, so know one knew how much I already had when I started to drink. Like I said before I probably looked like a lightweight - wow 2 cocktails and she's loaded! I'd do what I had to do...dump part of my soda bottle and add some crown to it before I got there. And then when someone would say "want a drink?" Why of course, been looking forward to one all day!

It's good to come here and be able to reveal what we've been doing. It feels good to finally tell others.

Buelah 07-01-2011 08:07 AM

Bexxed - I have you on my list of June classmates - I'll be working on it this weekend. When I have it done, I'll post it. Please every one, look it over and if I'm missing someone, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Classical, thank you for keeping track of those that took the pledge. Glad you'll be around all weekend - I will be, too.

Hopefully, Sunday, we'll be on our motorcycles all day. Haven't been on mine in nearly two weeks - weather is finally coming around, so time to enjoy being on two wheels! What has always been nice about the motorcycle is I was always disciplined - no drinking. Will be easier this coming ride. (But, gee...it was okay to get behind the wheel - dumb, eh?)

Tuesday24 07-01-2011 08:10 AM

Good Morning Classmates,

Buelah: My sober date is June 28th. I had started earlier in the month but relapsed for 2 days. I thought I could "handle" drinking beer instead of my drink of choice (vodka) but that was a fail. I have learnt a lot from that experience. It's discouraging to think about at times but I just have to keep looking forward.

The past few days have been a whirlwind. The DT's were not as bad (physically) in part due to the fact that I had already gone through that when I first got off the bottle. Anyway, I am struggling more emotionally, as I am sure you can all relate. I am so thankful for all of you and the love and support that I feel here.

I had to turn down going to weddings (one that is going on right now) and parties this weekend. I know that it I am not ready to be around alcohol at this point. I am glad that I recognize that.

Instant: I loved your post about taking your bike to work. It is amazing what you can feel/hear/smell/see differently when you are sober. I really appreciated the post.

CherryD: Keep going girl. I respect you for your honesty. This journey is not an easy one.. if it were, there would be no alcoholics. Who would choose that life for themselves. I relate to you because I have slipped also. Don't be too hard on yourself... don't give your alcoholic mind a reason to badger you to drink again. I will keep you in my thoughts.

LT: Like you, I have put many of the things that I enjoyed on the back burner. I have put alcohol ahead of everything in life. Sometimes I have difficulty getting my thoughts down. I hope that I can change that with time.

Buelah: I wish you the best with your hubby. From what you have described, he sounds like he loves you and will be very understanding. I can relate about not finding the right time to talk about something this important. I have not talked with my fiancee about me quitting. We have a good relationship but we don't talk about much. I have put him through the wringer... He knows now that I have a problem but he didn't know when we first met (3 years ago). That is a whole other story.. not sure if it is appropriate for this thread but it's something that I have a lot of guilt about.

Classical: I respect your decision about not taking the pledge. I thought you worded it beautifully. A lot of the time I take it minute by minute as well. I wasn't sure if it was right for me either (because I am so early in the journey) but decided that it was. I looked at it as I have never been accountable to anyone for my drinking and I felt like it was time.

Bexxed: Beautiful post. I felt like I was there while you described your setting by the bay. Very inspirational and fills me with hope.

BBird: That is a difficult position to be in. I agree with the others. I would take it to work to him or at least put it outside somewhere. We are here for you. You are strong.

Squishy: I applaud you for leaving the parking lot. Its like being a bug drawn to the electric light living to tell the story. I am so proud of you.

I hope everyone is having a good day. I will be around on and off today. Sorry I don't post as much as I should but I am continuously reading your words of support and love.

Squishyboots 07-01-2011 08:14 AM

bexxed - very well said today. I have struggled with many addictions in the past and all I can contribute it to is my family history. I grew up middle class, loving family although dad was married 3 times. But my father now has depression and my mother is an alcoholic, became sober when I was 14. But other than that - I just can't put my finger on the reason for my many additions.

I'm so happy you are clean and working hard! Stay strong one hour at a time if you have to!

BB - you are sounding great! Way to go Day 4! Have a wonderful weekend with the kiddos.

Buelah and Classical - what awesome insight you both have and how caring for this group.

To everyone - on to one more day. I will try to be on a lot today since I have the day off and its going to be tough. :lala

Squishyboots 07-01-2011 08:16 AM

Tuesday! You and I are very similar! Keep it up today - you are wonderful and you sound like you are doing great!

Squishyboots 07-01-2011 08:33 AM

Ok I just had tamales for breakfast...anyone else think that's weird?...:lmao

Tuesday24 07-01-2011 08:35 AM

Sounds Delish Squishy!!!

CherryD 07-01-2011 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Squishyboots (Post 3020113)
Ok I just had tamales for breakfast...anyone else think that's weird?...:lmao

True Coloradan right there. I'd have tamales for breakfast any day.

Thanks everyone I'll stick around here. I love this group.

Tuesday24 07-01-2011 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by CherryD (Post 3020123)
True Coloradan right there. I'd have tamales for breakfast any day.

Thanks everyone I'll stick around here. I love this group.

Glad you are sticking it out with us Cherry. We all need each other. :)

Buelah 07-01-2011 08:48 AM

Pizza for breakfast, eggs for dinner, chips and salsa for a bedtime snack...nothing weird...it's what you want to eat - so go for it!

Every one sounds strong minded today. That's good - keep at it.

I'm working from home today, so I'll keep checking in - otherwise, later I'll go "whoa - lots to read!". We are a bunch of busy bees, aren't we?

Squishyboots 07-01-2011 08:56 AM

On to the gazpatcho next! yum....

bratnik 07-01-2011 10:30 AM

I'm OK

Hi guys - We are flying out to AZ for the weekend so I probably won't be posting..but I'll try and check in if I can. This is a lifeline for me!

Well I can put my worries to rest and not bring it up again...but for the grace of God - my labs are ok. I burst into tears in the office when the Dr. told me my results. B-12 a little low (go figure) and liver within normal range but could go a bit lower to be at optimum healthy. I have truly been given a second chance. A month ago I thought I was near death. I go back in one month just to make sure all will be well after some more time. I almost feel like I didn't deserve this - that I deserved to have complications from what I put my body through these past few years. I'm not a sickly person - I just would sit and obsess over webmd and self-diagnosis. I'm staying away from that stuff going forward and just calling the doc.

Cherry I'm so glad you are sticking with us.

Happy birthday Kopfan!

Happy Canada day!

Yesterday I made a lovely thai meal for my friend to drop off at his house for his birthday (he loves thai food). I have never spent over 2 hours in the kitchen cooking an awesome meal without my big bottomless glass of wine. It was a trigger for sure. That one is going to take awhile to shake, I believe. I powered through it.

This weekend will be a big test of strength for me but with you guys behind me, I know I can do this.

Thanks for all of your posts, guys. I love this group! Have a great weekend and be safe - happy that the roads will have at least a few less people drinking on them. :)

Buelah 07-01-2011 10:41 AM

Bratnik - how I can relate to drinking while cooking. I loved having a big cocktail going when cooking. Made me more creative, right? I love to cook, but now I can put my whole mind into it. I've really learned so much about different herbs and such in the past couple years and it brings me a lot of enjoyment. But, I think it will be more often and better now sober. Can't tell you the amount of times, I'd set something to thaw for dinner, and when it was time to cook, I was too loaded to give a crap about eating...or I wanted a greasy bar burger because I didn't care what I ate, which is not me.

AND HOORAY ON A GOOD DOCTOR'S APPT! Now you can relax about that part, and enjoy your sober weekend!:c011: