SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of December 2010 Part 8 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/230252-class-december-2010-part-8-a.html)

ReadyAndAble 08-01-2011 09:16 PM

lol, now I'm really sleepy.

Hooped 08-02-2011 08:14 AM

My goodness!

Weddings, babies, holidays....good to see life evolving for everyone.

I have to get back on board, I want to get back on board, so bad.

Didnt drink at all last week ....till Friday.
Then against all better judgement and sane reasoning ..I went on a 4 day bender, sunup to sundown drinking session.

Once I start I cant stop, nothing at all can stop me till Im so sick I simply cant continue.

Which of course is how I feel this morning...once again swearing on everything that is holy that I wont drink again.

I think Im what they call an end stage alcoholic.

It's like I am trying to kill something that is deep inside me but instead it is turning on me and trying to kill me instead.

Anyway, I want to get better. Gotta try again.
Just for today.

I'm sorry to be like this....I'm at my wits end folks.
Hang in there everybody....it's really no fun at all on the other side.

Soph 08-02-2011 01:29 PM

Hooped, we care. Get help. I know this disease can be arrested. My dad quit at 50 and he is now 78 and fit as a fiddle. He replaced his alcohol with AA meetings, and work, became a tennis nut actually. Quite vain about his physique over the past years. Looks like a 60-something year old. Does yoga, etc. We can do it!

MJ, how was the Steve Carrell film? I ended up seeing "The Trip" over the weekend and laughed harder than I have in ages. It is playing at art houses and has a lot of references - well, funny impressions - of British actors. Google it, it is a fun road trip film thru the British Lake country. Steve Coogan. Nuff said.

GFCO you are almost married!

Everyone else, happy TUESDAY!

Dee74 08-02-2011 02:19 PM

Have you thought of things like rehab Hooped?

I know it's something noone wants to do...but it must be incredibly exhausting being Hooped right now?

D

ReadyAndAble 08-02-2011 05:05 PM

Hooped, I sent you another PM.

Sending good thoughts your way too.

mygrandfather 08-02-2011 05:29 PM

Hi everyone.

Hooped, it is hard knowing you are in such pain. I must agree with Dee here, perhaps rehab?

Summer rolls on.....

Soph 08-02-2011 06:20 PM

You all will think me weird but I have kind of wished I could go to rehab sometimes!

Remember the Sandra Bullock movie "28 days" it kind of made me want to bond with a group of people like that and be in a situation where I did not have to choose. There was no choice. Almost like being in a monastery or even a spa - - go, be submissive, eat, pray, exercise, share in a group setting...etc etc....to me it sounds attractive. Probably because I always have to be in charge of everything and responsible - house, bills, kid, dogs, job, eat right, buy detergent, yada yada. Drink, always beckoning.

But to show up at rehab with a suitcase and just to be finally, finally exhausted enough to say, "help me." I think it sounds like a relief.

Hooped. If you can go and someone can watch the Rasta cat...

Hooped 08-02-2011 06:35 PM

Well yeah actually I have thought of Rehab before..many times to tell the truth.
I don't think its weird at all.
Seeing an addiction counsellor on Friday and I'll see what she can suggest.

There are some other programs available up here too I could get into, but you have be sober for at least 3 months to even apply. So we will see. I could possibly get into a sober living house for the winter, but like I said you have to show your determination by reamaining sober for 3 months minimum before you are even considered. It sounds intriguing though...you eat all your meals there living with other recovering guys, still go to work, get counselling, go to meetings and they teach you how to LIVE sober.
Something that after many years of drinking I cant seem to get the hang of and have somehow forgotten how to do...live sober!

Really been slacking off on the program the last month or two. No meetings, quit the vitimins, wasnt eating too healthy...it was a slip in the making and I knew it. Gonna get back on track now.

Yes, and summer rolls on folks
:wiggle:
take care!

Dee74 08-02-2011 06:47 PM

If I can do it Hopped, I believe you can :)
Just don't do a me and nearly kill yourself to find the motivation, ok?

D

Maryjan 08-02-2011 08:21 PM

Hooped, I am thinking of you. Go to a meeting today. Just go. You're worth it.

I am good, but still think about alcohol all the time. So sick of it. I'm not going to drink, but find myself obsessed with the question, "Am I an alcoholic?". I don't know why the answer even matters, as I am happy sober!

I liked the Carrell movie a lot. It definitely feels like 5 different people did rewrites on it, but it was entertaining.

Life is good sober! Had a big piece of cake tonight, and it sure hit the spot.

Dee74 08-02-2011 08:34 PM

That pretty much sounds like an alcoholic to me, MJ.

It still amazes me that normal folks hardly ever think about alcohol :)

D

ReadyAndAble 08-03-2011 06:28 AM

I'm infinitely happier sober, MJ. It doesn't stop the voice from whispering in my ear now and then, "Come on, what harm would a couple drinks do? Look how great you're doing—you can totally control it now!" But I know exactly where that voice comes from, and remind myself of it every day.

Day 2, Hooped. Yay! I bet the folks at your friendly neighborhood AA meeting would love to see you. :)

Hooped 08-03-2011 11:29 AM

The question, "Am I an alcoholic?"....yeah the mind is tricky...I think all of us here have proved the answer to that time and time again there should be no reason to ever 'test the water' again huh?

Day 2 here ..actually feeling pretty good.. not worried about seizures or anything,
Back taking vitimins and eating properly again already.

In a good frame of mind and happily looking forward to the future again.

Alone... but it is great I will not have to watch my wife drink her 6 pack while I try and stick to the juices.

No booze in the house.. no empties.... no problem!

It's nice to have that little spark of excitement inside about the future again.
:WE1Relaxing2:

ReadyAndAble 08-03-2011 04:36 PM

Hope and gratitude, the twin engines powering my little sobriety jet plane.

Good to have you back, Hooped!

Maryjan 08-03-2011 06:58 PM

Grateful for you all.

mygrandfather 08-04-2011 05:29 AM

Grateful for you all too! Thanks MJ, I needed that.

ReadyAndAble 08-04-2011 09:02 PM

Whoa, check out Dee's new avatar! The Muppets go from PG-rated to totally psychedelic, just like the Beatles before them... ;)

One more day until I officially begin my vacation, starting with another concert in the park tomorrow. Can't wait. Still, a close friend of mine was laid off from his job this morning. Immediately made me remember I'm lucky to have the job that's been tiring me out.

Hope you all sail smoothly into the weekend. :)

ReadyAndAble 08-05-2011 09:07 PM

Hmmm. I can hear my own echo on this thread. I'll assume no news is good news. It is in my case.

Have a great weekend, folks. :)

Dee74 08-05-2011 09:29 PM

you too R&A :)

D

Hooped 08-05-2011 10:37 PM

Yes have a great weekend folks,
and R&A, you have a wonderful holiday there!

All is fine in Hoopville, tomorrow will be a sober day 5.:slomo: