SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Whiners Anonymous...Part 48 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/214535-whiners-anonymous-part-48-a.html)

MaryAnn100 12-19-2010 08:25 AM

Toothaches do supercede labour pain Least but don't tell the menfolk. Good ya got some relief from it.

Real butter ...... mmmmmmmm ...........longing for croissants and apricot jam now.

Dr Slaughter, lmao, reminds me of a firm of solictors here called Blood & Staines, but Dr Slaughter, oooooh my lol.

I'm loving the whole concept of Rule 62, the answer to everything indeed.

Hugs to y'all, whether chasing dolphins, craving a flavour or nursing chocolate hangovers.

Fandy 12-19-2010 09:16 AM

i think if you get Raven a kitten he will "baby" it....Pookie is the baby of the house, he plays the kitten card for the last 2 years....he gets washed, cuddled and snuggled by the other 2....Slim is 14 and Fandy is 3.5 years...i have all males..they are all happy together.

Hbee, 2 are really no more work than one....beeee sure your litter box is large and just scoope more frequently..I have the giant Booda litterbox townhouse in "bronze"....it has steps...(Mr. Fandy always bought them the best.)

Raven will think you have bought him his own "baby"....give them a couple of days to get used to eachother and rub a washclothe over the baby and then rub it over Raven...everyone MUST smell the same.

off to stuff the chicken breasts....

Ann 12-19-2010 10:31 AM

HB, a little orange tabby make kitten would be adorable and I agree, Raven could be the parent. Orange tabbies are wonderful cats. :D

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/1803/xmaskitties.jpg

least 12-19-2010 10:42 AM

My wonderful stray cat, Kittykitty, is an orange tabbycat and just as sweet as he can be.

Hbee, I agree, a kitten will likely bring out the protective nature of Raven and then be someone to keep him company and a playmate.:) Two cats are great cause you get to watch them interact and it's often hilarious.;)

Just came back from lunch at the cafe. Had two bowls of homemade chicken noodle soup, just right for my stomach and my tooth.:) The pain has subsided a lot since I got up and is tolerable now... will call the dental clinic tomorrow to see how soon I can get in. This tooth has been hurting on and off for almost a year and I'd best get it taken care of before it gets worse. I don't care if they pull it or not, as long as they make it stop hurting.

Hevyn 12-19-2010 10:47 AM

I agree, Raven would probably be more likely to tolerate a baby than a full grown kitty.

HideorSeek - I saw the gingerbread one in the store & wondered about it. I suppose I must try it, especially if it's "cakey". Thanks alot, I suppose.

Fandy - I am addicted to butter & have never found a decent substitute for it. I suppose you're not a Paula Deen fan, then?

Toronto68 12-19-2010 01:26 PM

Hevyn, I was on a soya margarine kick for quite a while, and I see the virtues of butter again.

Fandy 12-19-2010 01:33 PM

Hevyn, I've been to paula's restaurant in Savannah.....I like her accent and some of her dishes, but i'm more of a Ina Garten/Barefoot Contessa fan and Bobby Flay of course (he has thorobreds and races a lot at Saratoga, Mr. Fandy drives him a lot, he lives above Whole Foods in the city, down the street from FNetwork studios)....Ina has this fantastic beach house and cooks fancy dinners for friends....

my BFF only gives me raw carrots and some meatloaf on occasion....never a lobster dinner....

Fandy 12-19-2010 01:40 PM

I am done with the stores, just done! the only thing left to buy is some giant mushrooms for the prime rib gravy on christmas day.....I have candy, desserts, giant shrimp and anything else we could stuff ourselves with.

I am having the family over for dinner after New Year's...we are spacing it out so we don't get sick of eachother.....i'll make a different style of food...(northern Italian and some seafood appetizers...I bought giant scallops which i de-moisturize and wrap in bacon/broil...serve with a spicy white horseradish dip.

all i have to is keep the house clean for an extra week!

Hevyn 12-19-2010 03:49 PM

Ut-oh Fandy - do the fur children know the house needs to be kept clean? I sense some big whines coming on.....
Cool that you went to Paula's place. I have some of her kitchenware stuff. It's nice. (Teakettle, a few pots)

Toronto - Soya Margerine? I've never met it. Margerine doesn't even have less calories, I don't think. Yucky & plastic-tasting.

I'm surprised at how many local businesses have signs on the door "Regular hours Christmas & New Year's Day". I remember when everything came to a standstill.

least 12-19-2010 05:28 PM

Why is it that the slowest drivers in the world are always in front of you and the fastest drivers are always behind you??:scorebad

Rusty Zipper 12-19-2010 06:03 PM

fands,

i used to buy ORALGEL by the case!

it numbs the gums but not the tooth itself
awe hell, thats why it dint work!

i did run around like i was having a coke freeze

Dr. Slaughter is in!

happy to see HB pass'n on the Toof Fairy

yep Hev, But'a is Bet'a

i'm smell'n that PR fands!

a related whine of sorts least

why is it that at the supermarkey,

the bag geezer has to put 20 items in 15 bags?

and another SM peeve,

the Baffoon thats gabbing to the cashier while their ringing up "my" items!

as in mine, mine, me!

OZboy 12-19-2010 06:05 PM

Why is it that the slowest drivers in the world are always in front of you and the fastest drivers are always behind you??

It is said that if you line up all the cars in the world end to end, someone would be stupid enough to try and overtake them.

..good luck wif ya toofy,dear least..:c020:

..i use Dr.Hank 'hog-jaw' Twaddle...

..see ya..:lmao

historyteach 12-19-2010 07:10 PM

How could I *possibly* have gotten behind THREE WHOLE PAGES in just one day? :a108:

BIL's party was GREAT!
He had a fun time opening up his presents.
And for the cheeses, I went on the internet,
And looked up the attributes of the different Irish delites I got for him.
And for each one I gave him,
I told him *why* he got it.

Like one of them, an Irish Whiskey infused cheese,
I said it was just like him -- infused with IW.
And one was great for fondue.
So, I said, "Eh, fondue you!"
One was nutty, one sweet....
You get it.

Corney, yes, but, fun.
Especially for an "old man"
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/ekalagher/OLD.jpg
Who is now officially,
"over the hill!" LOL!

The cheeses I got were Kerrygold cheeses.
I got a mixture of each. One had a Irish Stout in it; another with the Irish Whiskey, as I said earlier. There was and aged Irish Cheddar, an Irish Swiss, (never heard of that one before!), a Blarney Castle cheese, and Dubliner.

I've never had them myself. But, my BIL is pure bred Irish and proud to death of it. Our family is 1/2 Irish too, so, it seemed the perfect gift. Although his 11 year old nephew seemed a bit put out when it was "another cheese!" BIL opened! :lmao

Anyway, whine on, whiners!

Shalom!

OZboy 12-19-2010 08:42 PM

..Ode to a Whiney Old Age..

♪And your dreams are gone.
But wait!!! You MAKE it to 60. You didn't think you would.
So you BECOME 21, TURN 30, PUSH 40, REACH 50 and MAKE it to 60.
You've built up so much speed that you HIT 70! After that it's a day-by-day thing; you HIT Wednesday.
You get into your 80's and every day is a complete cycle; you HIT lunch; you TURN 4:30; you REACH bedtime. And it doesn't end there. Into the 90's, you start going backwards; 'I Was JUST 92.'
Then a strange thing happens. If you make it over 100, you become a little kid again.' I'm 100 and a half!'
May you all make it to a healthy 100 and a half!

:c031:

MaryAnn100 12-19-2010 10:38 PM

Love the cheeses.........tell BIL if he resettles back to the green, green grass.......he can feed his cheese habit free........see Part 47. For those who need more info:

Gombeen Nation: Government's free EU cheese plan grates on Irish public

Oz - :lmao one hundred and a half - in Ireland we also say may your coffin be made of one hundred year old oak and we will plant the tree today ...... had to be a guy in a bar ... right?

My whine: I woke up at 5, said I'll have a coffee and get another hour, just looked at the clock........6.30........arrrrrrgh........now will feel jet-lagged for the day.

OZboy 12-20-2010 02:09 AM

..episode 1: Meet the Whiners..

YouTube - Saturday Night Live: The Whiners

Rusty Zipper 12-20-2010 02:45 AM

welome to the OTD (Older Then Dirt) Club BIL

ozy, The Whiners are our role models!

Fandy 12-20-2010 03:20 AM

yawn...there are only 11 people visiting this site this morning??? everyone must be shopping and sleeping in! I have to go to work today, but my schedule is flexible this week. my coffee is not strong enough today.

my bathroom rugs are in the washer right now and I will do the floors in both bathrooms. Ihave warned the cats & dog that no shedding is allowed for the next 2 weeks....the biggest job is de-hairing the furniture....which i will then cover with clean old bath-towels...those old plastc covered couches come to mind.....

Hbeee, did you find a kitty worthy of Raven's attention?

least 12-20-2010 04:39 AM

Good moaning whiners! No toothache this morning!!:) There's a bit of a headache in its place but my coffee should take care of that.

Busy morning for me, up and at 'em right off the bat.

Fandy, I've tried 'ordering' my critters to not shed but they ignore me and probably shed more.;)

I'm glad Christmas will be held at mom's house and not mine...:)

Teach, I love your 'specialty' cheese presents! :lmao

LovesToTravel 12-20-2010 07:06 AM

My bedroom closet looks like an episode of Hoarders. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...f/staranim.gif..and Mr LTT is home for the holidays..:react ...and I missed the finale of Survivor last night...how will I ever get the remote to watch On Demand?