SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Whiners Anonymous..Part 38 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/201005-whiners-anonymous-part-38-a.html)

least 05-18-2010 07:38 PM

least, is it possible your going through the change again?
:lmao Well I'm sure going thru 'a' change, tho maybe not 'the' change;)

Teach, don't let 'em run ya!:)

OZboy 05-18-2010 08:22 PM

..kev?........................................(yes Oz..)

can you team up with Leo Cohen and make a DVD....

..Oz is sad..BIL iz very sick.....I'm not taking this too well....

..so i'll sing a song for all of us...

Ahem....

"when you're down n troubled,n you need some love n care..
..just call my name outlowed,n i'll be there...

..winter,spring,summer or fall...all you have to do,is just call..

..n i'll be there!! you've got a friend...:cries3:

HumbleBee 05-18-2010 08:49 PM

(((Oz)))

i'm sorry BIL is very sick today. take care of you and ozmrs...

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/6...nheartrose.jpg

SarahDoll 05-18-2010 11:11 PM

(((Oz))). I hope you're taking care of yourself through this. I really like "Bridge Over Troubled Water" by Simon and Garfunkle (very possible I spelled Garfunkle wrong) if you're looking for inspirational songs.

HB, it's totally a deal! I'm sending you a virtual handshake at this very moment. Your plan sounds amazing and I see millions in the making!

Happy dreams to you all...and may none of them involve clowns.

OZboy 05-18-2010 11:22 PM

:react..i'm sorry...i'm not happy...

..why?..sheese! I wish I knew..

..tnx for your wishes..esp..'Hevyn'..

you are all such lovely people..Oz..xox.

historyteach 05-19-2010 03:30 AM

(((Ozy)))

Sorry to hear of your distress about your BIL...
YouTube - Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water (Live 1969)

http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/...h/0f15ca34.gif

You are always in my thoughts and prayers...
http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/...1263983432.gif

Shalom, my friend...Shalom!

Rusty Zipper 05-19-2010 03:35 AM

****{ozy & the ozzies}}}

historyteach 05-19-2010 03:41 AM

Least,
They won't get me down, now...
They've made me mad!
Got my p!ss and vinegar up, as they say, LOL!
Here's my own song:
YouTube - Simon And Garfunkel - The Boxer (Live)

HB, I think you've got a plan there!
Patent it before someone steals it from you! :yup:

Gotta get to work; I'm running late.
I just love listening to these songs...
They fill my heart with nostalgia;
memories of better times...

Whine on, whiners!

Shalom!

Ann 05-19-2010 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by OZboy (Post 2602273)
..so i'll sing a song for all of us...

Ahem....

"when you're down n troubled,n you need some love n care..
..just call my name outlowed,n i'll be there...

..winter,spring,summer or fall...all you have to do,is just call..

..n i'll be there!! you've got a friend...:cries3:

Next week I am going to a James Taylor/Carole King concert with SR's very own Anna. Can't wait, these are my favourite singers ever. But I just KNOW they'll be singing "You've Got a Friend" and when they do, I'll think of you, Oz. :D

Kevin, I couldn't download your singing, but I'm sure it was wonderful and hope it helps.

I woke up late this morning (late for me, 5:30 am) and now my timing is all screwed up. I am a lady of routine, and the sun was already up (I think that's what woke me) and I'm still working on coffee #1 and no shower yet.

Happy Whiny Wednesday Whiners. :thanks

least 05-19-2010 04:16 AM

Woke up very anxious today and with a stomach ache.:( Feeling crappy and have somewhere to go and something to do this morning that I don't want to do... but I'll do it and get it over with anyway...

Fandy 05-19-2010 04:35 AM

well I've only read back 2 pages....i didn't log on last night so if i've missed something important, tell me....

my stupid bedroom DVR won't work, it just blips.....i have to check the living room one to see if it's the box or the system...

I'm having a physical issue with my stomach and morning nausea....slight trace of blood...before i get all worked up and concerned i'm going to give it a couple of days....i feel fine otherwise...the last thing i want to do is get scoped and i don't have the time to take off from work to go to my doctor...i haven't even got my blood work done from January....i'm just keeping this in the back of my head as not to get freaked out, imaging the worst.

I spent a week in the hospital last September,( i had a small seizure in my office) had every test imaginable and bloodwork every day...all they found was a 4mm aneurysm in my left interior carotid and there is nothing to do about it except keep my HTN in check (and of course avoid alcohol) and lose 20#....2 out of 3 so far....

HumbleBee 05-19-2010 06:09 AM

:rippedhan

HumbleBee, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system? NO
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation. :261:
Had a good whine post too...:wild

least 05-19-2010 06:24 AM

Ah the hell with it...:( Feeling bad and going back to bed for a while.

HumbleBee 05-19-2010 06:41 AM

I think the tekkies were fixing a duplicate message post when I tried to submit mine...dunno...let's try this again...

Woke up yesterday morning with my ankle (on the hobbled leg) swollen to the size of a small football. No pain, just huge, swolen.

As luck would have it, I had a regular dr's appt yesterday afternoon.

Doc did some exam room testing, but has me scheduled for a doppler
x-ray to see if there's a blood clot in that leg.

:scared:

It must be medical whiner week.

Fands, hope the stomach-nausea go away before a dr visit is necessary.

Sarah, it's a deal about our business but you'll have to do the leg work for now, 'kay??? LOL.

Ann, sun? what's that? Is it that big yellow ball in the sky? I saw it once a long time ago...

I think James Taylor/Carole King were on the Ellen show yesterday. I heard a commercial about it. I'm sure it's on her website if interested...concert should be awesome. I love James Taylor.

Wwwwaaaaa................I don't wanna have an x-ray done. $$$$.

HumbleBee 05-19-2010 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by Hevyn
New mama kitty was crying at the door for food at 3am. She'd just eaten at midnight. It's like having an infant.

Awwww. mama cat's gotta keep her energy and food supply up for all them babes...she's their breakfast, lunch and dinner. yowza!

I'd be ravenous after having 5 kitten-kids too....LOL.

Teach, tell those knuckle-heads at school...

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/6...fool_super.jpg

Fandy 05-19-2010 09:07 AM

Hb, it certainly sounds like a DVT, but i'm no doctor...vascular can easily dissolve it with meds I hope.

perhaps I have an ulcer? or my previous drinking is now saying "HAH!!! told you so"

Hevyn, leave extra food for momma-cat at night!

Ann 05-19-2010 09:29 AM

It was ME/I? who fixed the duplicate post...and I assure you, I am no techie :lmao

We're doing the best we can to communicate with the real techies and hope things are running smoother soon.

It's a perfect spring day here, warmish, sunshine and birds singing a symphony right outside my window.

But I'll whine anyway, more medical tests tomorrow and although they are necessary they will not be fun. AND I have to fast for 12 hours and YOU know that fasting just makes me crave cheesecake. :dot: And my appointment isn't until 11 am...so I will be starving by lunch.

Fasting doesn't mean "no coffee" yes? Coffee is not an option with me, it's a lifeline.

least 05-19-2010 10:14 AM

Slept for almost three hours and still feel crappy...:(

As to the fasting medical tests... have you ever had a colonoscopy? The procedure itself is not bad, it's the three days of starvation/preparation that wiped me out.;) I believe black coffee is allowed when fasting.

Ann 05-19-2010 11:41 AM

No, these tests aren't THAT bad, least :D

Bamboozle 05-19-2010 12:00 PM

Ann, just sleep as much of those 12 hours as you can. That's what I do. :)