SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Bottoms Pt 131 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/200291-bottoms-pt-131-a.html)

gypsytears 07-04-2010 04:24 PM

Checking in. Taught all day. Father in hospital with kidney failure and he's in NC... to far to go :(. I'm beside myself with worry. My brother drove down... should be there soon. I'm waiting for his call but I did speak to my father on the phone. He didn't sound well.

Dee74 07-04-2010 04:29 PM

((Gyps)))

D

least 07-04-2010 04:33 PM

:hug: for Gyps and prayers for your father.

OZboy 07-04-2010 08:30 PM

..that's not good..let's hope all goes well....:frown:oxo..

IO Storm 07-05-2010 07:57 AM

Hugs and prayers dearest Gyps :hug: )))))))))))))))))))))))

gypsytears 07-05-2010 02:24 PM

No real news other than my brother arrived safely and is on the rampage about not being called as soon as my father was admitted. I hope my father's gf isn't around while my brother is there... he's already planned causing a problem over it :rolleyes:.I could care less about her but my brother doesn't need to get riled up and have a fight with her over it. My brother is looking for my father's doctor... the nurses would only tell him that one kidney is shrunken and his bladder has thickened whatever that mean. <sigh>

I taught 3 classes today... and did some yard work even though it's about 100 degrees here. Staying busy trying not to worry. Much.

One more class in about an hour... outside!Unless people wimp out on me.

Lenina 07-05-2010 03:12 PM

gypsytears,

Keeping you and your family in my thoughts. Please keep us posted.

Love,

Lenina

IO Storm 07-06-2010 07:42 AM

Still with ya in thoughts and prayers Gyps)))))))))))))

Hugs to all Bottoms dwellers today!

OZboy 07-06-2010 07:42 PM

:c031: ..if to-day is a bit 'how's ya father'..

..........then tomorrow~

least 07-06-2010 08:06 PM

So nice to be feeling so good much of the time these days.:) Seems to have started when I started taking the beta blocker for my heart rate. Seems to have all but eliminated the anxiety that used to drive me nuts. I wake up feeling great and excited to start a new day.

... or maybe it's the espresso... I started drinking espresso in the early afternoons to combat the tiredness from the beta blocker (the only negative side effect I've noticed) and it gives me a big pick-me-up moreso than american coffee, it's much stronger.

So I can't say if it's the med or the coffee making me feel so wonderful but don't care about the means, it's the end that's nice, no matter how I get there.:)

Hope all you Bottom dwellers are doing alright, if not great.:hug:

IO Storm 07-07-2010 08:05 AM

Oh, I'm so glad you are feeling better Least! :hug:

least 07-08-2010 04:23 PM

Good evening everyone!:hug:

How's it going with you (((Gyps)))? Check in please. I worry.:(

gypsytears 07-08-2010 05:17 PM

I'm OK least. I've just been busy trying to find people to cover my classes next week because I'm driving down to NC Sunday night with my brother. No good news about my father. His kidneys are failing, his carotid arteries are blocked 100% and 90%, blood infection and enlarged prostate among other things.

I need to pack right now because I am going to Massachusetts tomorrow for the weekend to a workshop I've been looking forward to for months. I'm still going since he's safe there in the hospital with all the drs and meds and stuff.I'll do the workshop and leave there Sunday around lunch... drive home 4 hours and then finish packing another bag and head out that evening with my brother. He'll be driving... he knows I'll just have driven quite a ways already.

I don't know how my father will be once I get down there, I've spoken to him and he's with it so that's good.I did not tell him I was coming :shocked:. I'm going now while I have this chance... haven't seen him in 17 years and I have a feeling I need to go now. Well Sunday anyway. I prolly won't check in from down there. I don't think I'm taking my laptop but I might.

You all be good while I'm away :ring.

gypsytears 07-08-2010 05:17 PM

Thanks IO :hug:.

least don't get hooked on espresso!

IO Storm 07-09-2010 08:22 AM

Gyps :hug:

least 07-10-2010 07:08 PM

I wish Stoney would pop in for a visit.:( I miss him...

least 07-13-2010 09:57 AM

five dogs and a lizard

As of today I have five dogs and a lizard in my home. My three dogs and my neighbors' two dogs and their lizard. I've never had any reptiles for pets so don't exactly fancy lizards but this little guy is pretty cute. I'll be taking care of their cats and bringing their mail in and am happy to do it for them. These are the neighbors who gave me all that wonderful homemade soup all winter!:) So I love being able to pay them back with a little doggie day care. ( I also keep them weekdays during the school year so they won't be bored or destructive in the house all day - it's just like when the kids were little and had friends over!)

Right now I have to change the three litter boxes as I got a great deal on cat litter. Then a shower, then counseling, then get my book at the library about dogs - why and how they do what they do. Can't wait to read it.

I hope all you Bottom dwellers are well and happy today! Hugs to you all...

Sending out special prayers and good thoughts for Gyps today. (((hugs)))

least 07-15-2010 02:02 PM

Where is everybody?? Come out come out wherever you are... :)

This weekend I'm going to try to sell 60 videotapes I no longer need or watch. Need money desperately and hoping to make a little so I can pay a bill or two. Wish me luck...

Terribly hot here in Ohio. I'm glad for my two a/c units cause they keep most of the house a decent temp.:)

least 07-17-2010 03:42 PM

Still very hot in Ohio. Just wrote up my notice I'm putting up for a housemate. I can't afford to live here alone so a housemate will hopefully make that better. If I had help paying the rent and one of the bills it would free up enough money for car repairs and vet bills when needed. So keep me in your thoughts and prayers for finding a nice lady to share my home.

Where is everyone these days?? It feels so lonely that it echoes in here... in here... in here.....

gypsytears 07-19-2010 08:12 AM

Just getting back to my schedule after being away at kriplau and down in NC last week. My father is back in the hospital and having his prostate removed tomorrow :(.

I'm volunteering a class this evening at a recovery half way house. I went a few months ago and it was wonderful. Really looking forward to sharing with the women there again!