SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of January Pt 6 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/186509-class-january-pt-6-a.html)

Dee74 03-28-2010 01:46 AM

Have a great, sober, time Fub :)

D

Fubarcdn 03-28-2010 02:24 PM

Thanks everyone. Really looking forward to getting out of Toronto.

jsml1234 03-31-2010 04:20 AM

Enjoy your holiday Fub.

Unless the sub shows up, this thread will have cricket noise until you return.

ViciousCycle 04-02-2010 06:06 AM

I am watching all of you, so no monkey business while Fub is away.

http://cockingasnook.files.wordpress...m_umbridge.jpg

jsml1234 04-02-2010 02:35 PM

hot for teacher...

ViciousCycle 04-05-2010 03:34 PM

LOL.......I just love that pic.

Fubarcdn 04-05-2010 03:39 PM

Just got back from our holiday.
I did have 3 beers on my birthday so not enough to get any kind of a buzz.
Back to the ultimatum and back to abstinence for me.
Hope all has been well with my Jan peeps. :)

jsml1234 04-09-2010 05:50 PM

Welcome back Fub.
How was the trip? What kinda of activities did you and the Mrs do?
And...HAPPY BIRTHDAY:bday7

Fubarcdn 04-10-2010 04:47 AM

Our trip was relaxing but somewhat uneventful. Read in boring.
The only thing we did was relax at the pool and the beach except for touring the gGreen Grotto caves, which were a half hour walk from the resort.
Guided tour was $20 per person, which wasn't bad since we had our own guide because we did not go on a ripoff tour.
We rarely do the tours anymore for a few reasons.
1. They are always overpriced.
2, They are usually boring.
3. They hold you hostage and force you to spend time in a shopping zone where they are getting a kickback.

I have seen enough of these Carribean tours to have no interest in another one. If we go to Europe again I would probably participate in the ripoff tours though. :)

jsml1234 04-13-2010 03:42 AM

G'morning class,
it's been so quiet around here...
Stopped in to wish y'all a great day and a great rest of the week.
Not a lot going on down here in south central Texas. Just golf and work for me, which is the way I like it... and no drama:)

Fubarcdn 04-15-2010 05:03 AM

Good morning class
The conditions of my ultimatum have changed slightly and no longer include the condition of being completely abstinent from alcohol.
In light of this I am rethinking the role of alcohol in my life and am going to respectfully withdraw from SR until I decide if complete abstinence is the lifestyle that I desire.
In the meantime if any of my January peeps want to talk with me you can PM me and I will give you my email address.
I will have the courage to post my decision on SR one way or the other.
Thanks for all the support and encouragement. You all helped me to save my marriage.
I am truly grateful for all of you.

ViciousCycle 04-15-2010 08:14 PM

Love ya Fub. I am proud to have you as my friend. I look forward to our talks in or outside this website.

Hugs.

Dee74 04-15-2010 09:39 PM

I guess you know me well enough to know what I think LOL
but I genuinely hope it works out the way you want Fub. Best wishes :)

D

jsml1234 04-16-2010 03:49 AM

No sappy good-bye from me:) I read Fub's post with a kind of sinking feeling... You know when you get used to "the norm", something reliable, something you always assumed would be there? Well, I felt that way about you Fub. Always here for great advice packed with common sense and sprinkled with sarcasm/humor. Of course, not as severe, but a little like how I felt when told that my parents were getting a divorce-never really thought that would happen.
I'm happy for you sir, I'm happy for your marriage and I'm a better person for knowing you... enjoy this next season in your life Fub.

Richard54 04-16-2010 01:27 PM

^
I totally echo what JS says.

Please don't totally disappear though Fub........!

Periodic updates on how you're making out would be most welcome (along with some sly Fubisism's).

I'm doing well myself. Not totally dry.. but maintaining and keeping healthy.

Love you guys and girls!

:grouphug:

Fubarcdn 04-20-2010 06:36 AM

Good morning class
Well I still haven't decided whether I am going to alter the terms of my ultimatum or not.
What my wife is allowing is that I can drink when we are on holidays or in situations where we are with friends who drink and me not drinking would be kinda weird for all involved.
If I decide that that is the route I want to take I feel that it is wrong to be at SR since the site is clearly about total abstinence and not having that goal would be disrespectful to the site in my eyes.
I have yet to decide if I want to drink in that manner so as of today my focus is still on total abstinence so I think I will play it by ear and when one of the conditions arrives then decide what I am going to do.
Since my goal is still to abstain I see no reason why I cannot still participate in the discussions here at SR.
You haven't got rid of me yet. :)

jsml1234 04-21-2010 03:46 AM

That's great Fub.
Although I respect your stance on this... I think you should be able to remain here at SR no matter what program you decide to work:biggthump

ViciousCycle 04-24-2010 05:54 PM

Hello to all my guys!

I hope you are all doing well!!!!!!!!!!

:ring

jsml1234 04-24-2010 07:21 PM

Hi VC!
Love and miss you....

Fubarcdn 04-26-2010 04:29 AM

Good morning class.
Back to the gym today.
I need to lose about five pounds. Had a cold last week and overfed it. :)