SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Living in Sobriety Part 7 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/180744-living-sobriety-part-7-a.html)

nelco 07-21-2009 01:21 PM

Hi Everyone. Sponsee still drinking and pretty sad. had to walk away.She had a large stock of beer which she is sitting comfortable in it at present. I cant make her stop and im not in the business of dragging anyone off barstools. I told her to use my number if she changes her mind and wants help. I just hope she lives through it, she almost died last time.
So prayers please for the still suffering alcoholic xx

IO Storm 07-21-2009 01:21 PM

lol

Thanks.. :ghug3:

popping in...popping out

Physically not too well at the moment...

nelco 07-21-2009 01:22 PM

nice to see you Io...hope you feel better soon x

IO Storm 07-21-2009 01:23 PM

:praying: for the sponsee, and for all new peeps logging on here today seeking help.

nelco 07-21-2009 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by IO Storm (Post 2304183)
:praying: for the sponsee, and for all new peeps logging on here today seeking help.

Im right there with ya!!

How is sister??

IO Storm 07-21-2009 01:39 PM

Thanks for asking...more tests this week. They still don't know. She will get an

endoscopy and a colonoscopy..yuk, but I am glad I had those done 3 years ago.

They found the cause of internal bleeding...oh, the damage I did to myself on my

last run.

nelco 07-21-2009 01:51 PM

I hope those tests go good for her and all will be well IO.

IO Storm 07-21-2009 02:03 PM

Thanks dear Nelcs.

Playing a couple of games, maybe.

Then a nap.

I will back later.

:hug:

Believe808 07-21-2009 02:12 PM

Hi Nel & Io, prayers for your sponsee friend Nel, so sad.

Nice avi but too dark I wanna see that babys' cute face. :hug:

Going to cook dinner then bake the cakes, didn't get to them today. I am really tired, hope I can get some zzzzzz's tonight. Be back later alligators :)

stone 07-21-2009 02:17 PM

Hi everyone, back from my HG, enjoyed it. Feel great.

I am feeling slightly manic the last two days, I need to relax a tad. Other than that... :)

Rowan 07-21-2009 02:36 PM

Yikes he is posting smileys again! Seriously, I am glad that your hg was good tonight. i am not going to use caps atm as i am on my sisters laptop and the shift button is not where mine is. i am on my sister`s comfy bed it`s brand new and awesome. yikes here come the kids ttylllll

least 07-21-2009 02:37 PM

Womens' meeting tonight at a halfway house close by. Never been to that one before and don't know what 'kind' of meeting it is. Guess it'll just be a surprise...

Got a call back from that lady. She can't sponsor but knows a couple who might be able to and gave me their numbers. I'll have to catch them at a meeting to see how we get on and then ask or not.

stone 07-21-2009 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Rowan (Post 2304271)
Yikes he is posting smileys again!

:tapping :e124: :wild

stone 07-21-2009 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by least (Post 2304275)
Womens' meeting tonight at a halfway house close by. Never been to that one before and don't know what 'kind' of meeting it is. Guess it'll just be a surprise...

I am glad you are going to it hun. Action is the antidote to despair! :hug:

nelco 07-21-2009 02:55 PM

Rowan I think she is carrying a christmas pudding?????? lol

nelco 07-21-2009 02:59 PM

:scared: Or maybe a pig and one of them is flying

Believe808 07-21-2009 03:07 PM

Much better picture Nel. :)

Least, the meeting is a meeting that's all that is important. A group of sober women helping one another. Maybe there will be someone there you might ask to be your temp sponsor. Keep an open mind when you go.

I'm very lazy today, don't feel like making cakes so I might just put it off until the morning, I think I will feel less tired then, I hope. He doesn't want me to make the Icebox cake with the pudding and grahams, so I will make that on Thursday for me to pig out on, or maybe make tomorrow but it won't be ready till Thursday, takes overnight for pudding to set and make grahams become soft, and it will irk my x because he loves IceBox cake. I always made him one for his birthday but not doing it this year.

nelco 07-21-2009 03:16 PM

kinda in and out of here tonight, hubby is watching "postman always rings twice" on tele and I am half watching with him.

stone 07-21-2009 03:16 PM

Did you notice I stole your saying, Nelco?

nelco 07-21-2009 03:23 PM

lol...I did Stone