SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of November Part 8 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/170565-class-november-part-8-a.html)

Ananda 03-04-2009 10:38 AM

well pfffttt....

maybe you guys don't but i do...well the stimulated part anyways...

allport 03-04-2009 11:12 AM

Damn now I posted that I can't stop thinking about how bored I am!

Ananda 03-04-2009 11:15 AM

OK...so instead of drinking or obsessing on drinking not drinking ...er..er "stimulate" yourself :lmao

allport 03-04-2009 11:22 AM

Ananda you save that dirty talk for the chat room lol

There are young boys on this thread :lmao

Ananda 03-04-2009 11:40 AM

:lmao

you need to back read hon..i've got nothin on them :)

(beats the sht out of kniting huh)

ok mom suit is back in place.....

Alley ... go to your room at once.....be a lady!

FizzyWater 03-04-2009 12:48 PM

LB, I don't mean this in a taking the **** way but you seem to be 10 years older in your posts then I remember.

Think its a sign your recovering or something, well done on having 2 cokes in the pub, big achievement.

Pixy1 03-04-2009 01:53 PM

Fizzy is that tumble weed? :lmao

Ananda 03-04-2009 01:55 PM

fizzy...i think you mean more mature not older.....

sigh

Ananda 03-05-2009 03:42 AM

Everyone must be sleeping in today?

CG....you doin ok????

How about the rest of you???

Well, having not worked yesterday, I need to get moving this morning. I'll check back after my coffee maybe :)

:ghug

Dee74 03-05-2009 04:58 AM

Night Nands

Still :hypnotize at the stimulation thing LOL

I lead a sheltered life ya know
D

Ananda 03-05-2009 05:10 AM

Alley! LB!

you out there????

Hi dee....:ghug

allport 03-05-2009 05:29 AM

I'm still here and having a fabulously lazy day (just for a change!)

I didn't want to get out of bed this morning, not because I don't want to face the day, but just because it was so cozy.

I think I have fallen in love with my bed! :lmao

lostbutterfly 03-05-2009 10:15 AM

hmmmph, 10 years older! I've been sulking! Actually fizz, I feel ... different.

I guess I'm taking it a little more seriously than I was, coz my ulcer is progressing nicely, and if I don't keep off these fecking pills, I'm going to land up in hospital!

It scares me that I still want to take them every day, even tho they will kill me. There is no way out of that. I always thought, as soon as they affected my health, I could stop. Well.... not so sure of that anymore!

Anyway, I've been good for 20 days so far. I saw the 9 month chip at my Thursday meeting and it is a gorgeous purple - that's the one I want!!!

Ananda 03-05-2009 10:35 AM

wow our chips are all a boring bronze.... :( maybe i'll get my 2 year chip from your group LB....what color are they???

you've got this thing down well LB.....serious when you need to be and just the right amount of light to keep from going mental!

gueeeeesss whhaaaaat (grin)

another 2 day project that would make me way behind the ball on otehr work...not doing it...told the professor, taking an easy way out :) he said (ha ha) the problem isn't just me...that there is too much to do and too many incompent people to clean up after (grin)....he is probably the one who will be my boss come the summer :)

I am making a kick arse soup....bring a bowl and come on over for a midnight snack

happy happy joy joy

FizzyWater 03-05-2009 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by lostbutterfly (Post 2136747)
hmmmph, 10 years older! I've been sulking! Actually fizz, I feel ... different.

Nands is right, I meant mature not older.

Reckon its good you feel different.

Ananda 03-05-2009 03:39 PM

getting drunk only gets rid of the symptoms displayed (sometimes, and temporarily)...it never ever ever fixes the actual problem that is causing the symptoms...So sure...a drink may "make the world go away"...but it doesn't fix sht and the mess that is there just gets worse.

Drinking at my problems is crazy...it is total insanity....

not wanting to drink, but just thought hard about that on my way home.

Part of "my part" in the work deal was that I refused to stop having a set of hand calculated books...i kept relying on them and therefore missed when the computer version was having problems.....I always new I could go to my excell sheets and do anything i needed. Solution....give up the old books...I did..all my catch up this past month has been only placed in the proper books...notes have been taken on query fixes....well...the query's are not yet fixed just planed and i'm still catching up the data information. Today the query program broke and may not be fixable...and i no longer have a reliable set of back ups....This is both worse and not as bad as what it sounds like LOL

And people wonder why I don't have faith....pissed, fearful, but not thinking of drinking :)

Stupid sht i know i know..but really this is exactly the sort of thing i've run from all my life....funny thing is as angry and upset as i am right now i know that by 2 hours from now I will proably be sane and in decent emotional balance. The reason for that is that I will talk about it, sort out the best solution I can and then move on.....I use to think a drink would take care of things I guess i'm growing :)

Ananda 03-05-2009 08:01 PM

Very Long Evening :(

but i am going to bed now.....

you guys have a good morning and i'll see you later in the day

lostbutterfly 03-06-2009 02:27 AM

Night nands! Well done on fixing the work thing. I learnt accounts on the computer, so that side is easy for me.

I'm terrible at leaving the things I don't like doing for days.

Ananda 03-06-2009 04:51 AM

Random Posting:

YouTube - Nanci Griffith & John Prine-Speed of the Sound of Loneliness

Pixy1 03-06-2009 01:18 PM

Hey all :ghug

Been really busy at work. Not long home and can't decide what take away to have. It's a hard life lol