SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Whiners Anonymous Part 20 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/169230-whiners-anonymous-part-20-a.html)

justalittleone 02-17-2009 06:35 AM

Hey, all. My whine is that this is my first whiner post.

Jersey Nonny 02-17-2009 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by least (Post 2111416)
proud of myself for actually giving the dogs a nice long walk. then came home and forced myself to clean out all the litter boxes to get it out for trash day tomorrow. at least the house doesn't stink now.

so the dogs and cats are all happy now... am so am I.

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/q.../mamahappy.gif

Fubarcdn 02-17-2009 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by justalittleone (Post 2112227)

You can join me on the 90 whines in 90 days recovery program.
I am on whine 34.
I number each one and Rusty gave me a nice coin for 30 days.
If you get 90 whines in 90 days without drinking you will have at least 90 days sober.
My whine is I already used up the #34 in my preamble and I miss it. :)

Jersey Nonny 02-17-2009 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by justalittleone (Post 2112227)

http://www.gifs.net/Animation11/Word...en_welcome.gif May this be just the first of many

Jersey Nonny 02-17-2009 08:56 AM

I so want off this ride that we call exsistance...
Pamm...life is a sleigh ride http://www.gifs.net/Animation11/Holi...oy_on_sled.gif It's the walk back up the hill that gets ya...but, we'll push and pull until you make it!

justalittleone 02-17-2009 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Fubarcdn (Post 2112382)
You can join me on the 90 whines in 90 days recovery program.

Right on! I'm in. Congrats n your coin + 4.

A whine a day keeps the drinking away...

cmc 02-17-2009 09:21 AM

Hiya justalittleone. :wavey:

Welcome to WA Anonymous. :)

cmc 02-17-2009 09:31 AM

Here's some WA literature for the newbie whiners and a reminder for the oldie-goldie whiners too. :hug:

Whiners Anonymous Help (WAH!)

Do you whine, complain, or snivel? Are you a grumpy old fart?
Do you seek out others in taverns or internet chat rooms to whine about things?
Do people ever tell you to "like it or lump it"?
Are you asked, "What are you crying about?"
Do friends or family seem less likely to talk to you as the years go by?
Do you constantly tell other people they whine too much?

If you do any of these things, you may be in need of the WAH! 12 step program.
Whining is for tiny tots! Do you want to die a lonely old man/woman and whine about the prospect?
Stop whining now!

W.A. Disclaimer
The WAH! 12 Step Program:

1. Admit you whine.

Just say, "I am a whiner."

2. Admit your whining is a problem.

It's not enough to know you whine--you have to realize it interferes with your life. Tell yourself, your spouse, and a friend that you have a problem with whining, that all you have ever done is whine. But don't whine to God! He already knows, all too well. God just sat back while you whined away the years. It's not His fault, after all, so don't go whining to Him with your problem.

3. Seek help to cure your whining.

Whining is but one of your many shortcomings, since you are a miserable excuse for a human being. Another shortcoming is you can't do anything for yourself, otherwise you would not whine. Go whine to somebody to help you--that's all you know how to do, remember?

4. Laugh at your whine.

Made a decision to turn your constant whining over to your sense of humor and learn to "lovingly and wholeheartedly" laugh at yourself each time you whine. Be prepared to be given the nickname "Loony Tunes," however.

5. Step out of your shoes.

Put your whine in perspective. There's a woman in Africa living in a mud hut with a grass roof and NO indoor plumbing. She lives off of $27 a year. She is totally blind and collects sticks for firewood, hoping the next stick isn't a snake. Now, what was your whine again?

6. Eat something nasty.

Eat some vegetable you hate without whining about the taste. And don't hold your nose or cover it with cheese!

7. Listen to other whiners.

Get a part job in a complaint department and listen to other peoples' whines 8 hours a day. But don't complain about your job! If you do, go back to step 3. Go a whole week listening to your wife/husband complain and just say "yes dear." If you can't, go back to step 2. Have kids and listen to them whine--that's how you sound to others. Pay back time! What goes around, comes around!

8. Make a victim list.

Make of list of all persons you thought you had harmed and hope to hell that they'd forgotten all the minuscule crap you'd blown out of proportion. Ask them if you ever whined, and then be prepared to take the return whine.

9. Beat the crap out of your parents.

After all, they raised a whiner. Yes, you started early, but it is not your fault!

10. Beware of falling off the wagon.

Resign yourself to the fact you are going to whine each time you try to stick to your guns when you know you are right. Once a whiner, always a whiner, they say. So either just admit your are wrong or go back to step 1. Cripes, you mean you really want to go back to step 1 after getting to step 10?

11. Whine to your dog.

They love you no matter how much you whine. It's called unconditional love. Unless of course they sense your foul mood. Disguise your whine by mixing the words "good dog" in every sentence. They only know so many words--those two they know. Otherwise, your dog would hate you like all the people you know.

12. Help others.

Help some other whiney-assed ******* with his whine problem. You get to whine about their whining. It's great.

so have at it!

whine, snivle, rant, bitch, and rave away!!!

"W.A. Disclaimer"... just be prepared for the feedback!
Approved by World Service Conference WA Family Groups.

bovinePieBear 02-17-2009 09:59 AM

Today I find out that not only have I got high blood pressure, I also have high cholesterol, which means tomorrow I have to see a nurse for "dietary advice." Right. That means she'll tell me that I can't eat crisps, chips, burgers, cheese, biscuits, chocolate, cake, cream, nachos, curry, batter, KFC and a decent fry up breakfast.

I mean, honestly, for pity's sake... what's left? :sad2:

WLDKATZ 02-17-2009 10:12 AM

sex?!?!?

oh I forgot that leads to heart probs too

bovinePieBear 02-17-2009 10:27 AM

Hey, don't get me started on sex!

Ananda 02-17-2009 11:21 AM

:lmao

poor poor bovy!

I know it scks...but eventually we have to start taking care of our bodies (hug)

I agree.....lets not start on that one :lmao

oh yeah...in case any one was wondering...love still sucks :09:

IO Storm 02-17-2009 12:09 PM

Welcome to Whiner's Justalittleone! :hug:

Jerz))))

Thank you for this recovery packed post!!!!

Pamm...life is a sleigh ride It's the walk back up the hill that gets ya...but, we'll push and pull until you make it!

That helped me today too.

IO Storm 02-17-2009 12:14 PM

2:30 a.m.

"Sherry..Sherry."

"A squirrel just jumped on me from the dresser and onto the sewing machine and

then to the dryer."

Her bp was sky high..meds brought it down..we sat up for a couple of hours.

I just feel so inadequate..I am not a nurse.

When she goes back to sleep..I lie there for a long time after.

Hopefully, these episodes are temporary.

My only whine for today.

IO Storm 02-17-2009 12:15 PM

And I still cannot thank any posts..doesn't seem quite so important this morning.

But thank you anyhow!! :ghug2:

Whiner's

Jersey Nonny 02-17-2009 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by ananda (Post 2112633)
:lmao

poor poor bovy!

I know it scks...but eventually we have to start taking care of our bodies (hug)

I agree.....lets not start on that one :lmao

oh yeah...in case any one was wondering...love still sucks :09:

Nands...http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/q...ny/MENSUCK.gif

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/q...tprincea11.gif

Jersey Nonny 02-17-2009 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by justalittleone (Post 2112439)
Right on! I'm in. Congrats n your coin + 4.

A whine a day keeps the drinking away...

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/q...inkie_16-1.gif BTW...I love your avatar! How many "little" ones does it take to make one "big" one? :c033:

WLDKATZ 02-17-2009 02:00 PM

finally fell asleep about 5 this am with the help of a sleeping pill I am so sore.............those bastards at that hospital like to poke and prod until everything hurts...........didnt even give us one ounce of hope...........just be prepaired.......I am like thanks for nothing

Jersey Nonny 02-17-2009 02:38 PM

They're having Italian Bistro Night to which residents can invite their families. They even serve cheap wine...WHOOPEE! My family came the first year I was here...I knew they wouldn't really be interested again. Actually, I left early...way too hectic for me...not my idea of a nice relaxing meal.

My big whine is...they really don't know how to cook Italian (SURPRISE). And, why do they have this in February instead of October, when the weather is much nicer? I'll have to ask at the next Resident Council Meeting.

Anyway, I took some mixed nuts, after-dinner mints, and fresh grapes...things we don't get...accept once a year, when they have this Bistro Night. So, my whine is being soothed.

Rusty Zipper 02-17-2009 07:14 PM

welcome to whiners justa...

its all about the newcomer whiners!

fube, on day 90...

story time whine! :lmao

jerz, manga!