SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of November (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/161109-class-november.html)

JigOvLife 11-24-2008 03:20 AM

With ya there LB. :sadwavey:

JigOvLife 11-24-2008 04:53 AM

Marmite rocks...love those Paddington Bear adverts. B vitamins...yummy!

bugsworth 11-24-2008 04:58 AM

Jig...funny in all my years of shopping I have never had a bottle of anything "sneak" into my cart. Maybe sobriety is not what you seek. Sorry to sound so harsh but me thinks you are playing with fire. I hope you find what you are looking for.

JigOvLife 11-24-2008 05:31 AM

Yup, playing with fire, kinda sums me up...check my posts for a deeper understanding.

bugsworth 11-24-2008 05:38 AM

Best of luck Jig...I wish you peace.

wibble 11-24-2008 06:28 AM

Jig

Have you been on and off like this for a while or is this just a recent patch?

JigOvLife 11-24-2008 08:10 AM

Recently really. Normally I'll go with sobriety for weeks and sometimes months.
Unfortunately I'm currently feeling quite happy and I've caused no chaos yet, plus I'm on my tod in this town, my friends are all a bus or train ride away...It'll run it's course soon.
I'm no stranger to relapses and subsequent jumps on't wagon.

wibble 11-24-2008 08:26 AM

Its pretty common for it to go in phases i guess. I know i've been on and off the wagon about 10 times this year alone

lostbutterfly 11-24-2008 10:53 AM

BUT you never know when it's your last time out there Jig. Do you go to AA? Coz you would make good mates there, all sober, or at least on the same wavelength.

I know many a bottle of wine that has sneaked it's way into my house! But not since I went to aa. I was given the gift of desperation! Maybe I hit my bottom quicker coz I'm all my kids have got.

JigOvLife 11-24-2008 11:47 AM

yeah, LB it's a little different trying to stop when there's just yourself to consider.
I've done hundreds of AA meetings, now I've just got my Tuesday group, a fine bunch of folk who are very indulgent to my disection of the program.
Tried so hard to find an S.O.S or SMART meeting, nowt outside of London or Scotland

FizzyWater 11-24-2008 12:36 PM

I'm gonna sound harsh Jig but ultimately it got to be you that wants to stop, nobody else, mates, meetings, SR, just you.

Yep everyone else can support you but only you can make it happen.

Case of not sticking the wine in yer gob for a while and seeing where it takes you !!!!!!

JigOvLife 11-24-2008 01:02 PM

I hear ya Fizzy. Not long now, ready to exchange bottled ego boosts for the wonderful concise and fleet thought patterns of sobriety..

FizzyWater 11-24-2008 01:04 PM

Good man Jig, just reckoned it was time we stopped fannying around ye and got you told.

JigOvLife 11-24-2008 01:11 PM

Always loved Getafix in the Asterix books, BTW.
My favourite's probably Asterix and the Golden Sickle, that lunatic asylum, with the guy convinced he's Napolean in post conquest Gaul...priceless:c008:

FizzyWater 11-24-2008 01:18 PM

Thing I liked is that Asterix is almost aimed at 2 levels, its a good story for kids but also has enough jokes to keep adults amused as well.

Its the kids bit thats on my level obviously !!!!!!

JigOvLife 11-24-2008 01:24 PM

Weren't those roast boar so tasty looking?. Had to make a sandwich after reading an Asterix.

lostbutterfly 11-24-2008 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by FizzyWater (Post 1997417)
I'm gonna sound harsh Jig but ultimately it got to be you that wants to stop, nobody else, mates, meetings, SR, just you.

Yep everyone else can support you but only you can make it happen.

Case of not sticking the wine in yer gob for a while and seeing where it takes you !!!!!!

That was just the advice I needed to hear right now Fizzy. In my case, it's don't stick the pills in yer gob for a while and see where it takes you.

I feel so tired of this sobriety sh*t right now, cravings galore. Oh, I just wish it would give me a break.

timzup 11-24-2008 02:02 PM

Hang in there LB. Puurleeease.

If it helps any the cravings vulture keeps on pecking away at me too. It's a bugger and I feel for you, I really do.

JigOvLife 11-24-2008 02:13 PM

Sobriety builds on itself...when it's tough, hunker down and anticipate the good streaks...they happen more and more the longer you're sober.
Speaking from experience, not my current situation...Bah!

lostbutterfly 11-24-2008 02:19 PM

Thanks guys. I am going to Tesco now, coz my little toerag of a son has just remembered something he needs for school.

The big decision is, should I just put a coat on over my pj's and slippers and hope no-one notices, or should I get dressed?

It is also f-freezing down here.

JigOvLife 11-24-2008 02:34 PM

Put a large purple flower in your hair, mouth chuntering mutterings, surround yourself with cats and have a ball !. Supermarkets can be so much fun, off your ****!

Ananda 11-24-2008 03:02 PM

If i could I would take some of your cravings on myself to deal with.....I'm sorry it is so rough for you all right now :(

:ghug

I promise it does get better.

Dee74 11-24-2008 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by JigOvLife
I'm currently feeling quite happy and I've caused no chaos yet, plus I'm on my tod in this town, my friends are all a bus or train ride away...It'll run it's course soon.

At risk of being redundant Jig - I gotta go with Fizzy.

I'm no stranger to self indulgence - I have a PhD in it mate.

But I'm watching a good friend struggle at the moment off the boards - theres any number of people struggling here - really in pain...

I'm a bit fed up today.

Every drink keeps you there, Gav.
Like I said elsewhere - noone starts to make things better til after the last drink.

You set the timetable, not the booze.
Its up to you Jig.

D

lostbutterfly 11-24-2008 03:06 PM

JOL, didn't get to the wine that jumps into your trolley. I think you're making that bit up!

Oh, and supermarkets off your ****! What fun I've had! I did have to go in one to buy stuff for Sunday dinner, just back from clubbing all night, full of E, and the floor was just the most fascinating thing I'd ever seen. Took me hours to get out of there!

JigOvLife 11-24-2008 03:44 PM

Too pissed to interact folks...normal service shall resume.9crikey that took some doing

JigOvLife 11-25-2008 12:04 AM

Okey dokey. It's approaching 8 a.m, I've a slight case of the shakes, not helped by the fact that I've only got 2 of those halogen, electric heaters to warm my attic den. (the central heating costs around £15 a week if its on, not worth it for just me).
Yesterday's tally was 3 bottles of white, 4 cans of Red Stripe and 6 test tube shots that I bought to get my purchases over £5, so I could put 'em on my card. (Only went out for a corkscrew).
Today shall be a sober day, reckon I'll be posting a fair bit.
Hope you're all well, take care.

wibble 11-25-2008 01:48 AM

Day 9!!

Haven't done this long since January, I'm fairly impressed with myself!!!!

JOL, how the f**k can you get 3 bottles of wine 4 cans and test tube shots for a £5?

When you say wine did it say Sarsons on the side of the bottle?

Impressive!!!!

lostbutterfly 11-25-2008 02:06 AM

Well done Wibs. JOL - I think you need more than one meeting a week, mate. Where are you doing your shopping??? Cheap booze or what!

Now boys, I just wanted to say, I am proud of you all, for doing what you are doing, and trying to be better men. I know we are supposed to do the sobriety thing for ourselves, but when you get sober, your kids, your wives, your g/friends - all their lives get better.

If it wasn't for my kids, I would be on the street, most probably with a needle in my arm, if I was indeed still alive. Me and my ex b/f would have taken each other down to the pits, that is for sure.

So, another day sober! Jig??? Come on - get yourself to a midday meeting. There will be heating there.

JigOvLife 11-25-2008 02:21 AM

If booze was that cheap, I'd be lost. £5 for the shots and the corkscrew. The wine was an earlier purchase.
Determined today, just bought some white gloss and some brushes to keep myself occupied.
Day 1 (again)

wibble 11-25-2008 02:23 AM

Well said LB.. sorry Mom!

Jig, I know you already know this but you've got to make a stand and do the first day sober. Its the hardest of them all. I know for a fact you already know this but i've had little "spells" like yours and they've taken 3 months to blow over