SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Mental Health (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/mental-health/)
-   -   I don't know what to do (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/mental-health/21998-i-dont-know-what-do.html)

Helz 11-11-2003 12:55 AM

Katey

When you take ecstacy it releases serotonin from your brain which is what gives you that wonderful, happy, ecstatic feeling. For those of you that don't know, serotonin is what is released when we feel happy normally. This feeling is increased a lot when ecstacy is taken by chemical means.

However, because you have used a chemical to release the serotonin afterwards there is not as much serotonin left to use normally. That is why for days after taking ecstacy you feel down in the dumps, depressed, mood swings and teary. Excessive use can use up lots of your serotonin which takes time to get back to normal levels. The gland in your brain that released the seratonin needs to get used to working normally again without ecstacy.

Have you ever considered that your ecstacy use could be the problem not the solution?

Just a though. I've been through heavy ecstacy use but I couldn't stand what it was doing to me. Please be careful.

Take care,
Helen

PS. I have copied the following information from a website I found:
Ecstasy is a popular recreational drug that has been shown to damage brain serotonin neurons in high doses. Irreversible loss of serotonin neurons can result in the immediate or delayed onset of neuropsychiatric disorders; serotonin imbalance is thought to underlie depression, anxiety, panic disorder, and disorders of impulse control. The effects of moderate ecstasy use on serotonin neurons have not been studied, and gender differences and the long-term effects of ecstasy use on serotonin neurons have not been identified.

Justme57 11-11-2003 03:17 AM

Hi guys :
Just got home from my meeting ! :) was a beauty !
What mischief have you lot been up to while I was gone ?

has Kath been around yet ?
HUGXXXX
Lee

spirit 11-11-2003 05:37 AM

howdy all

lee i am here, dont you worry about that haha
although the weather tonight is crap it has just gone up to about 38 (100F) and there are storms everywhere so if i go poof, then you know what has happened haha

there is a little shop down the road who sell all sorts of exotic china, chrystal etc, and i love llardro, also Lalique ( i have a friend who has a lalique polar bear how cool is that. we have a couple of lalique pieces in our art gallery, could look at them forever. and of course the best stuff is swarovski crystal, i covert their earings hahah

katey i have sent you a pm and i think you should listen to helen she knows her stuff and is early in her journey too.

ah and cricket of course i know about that haha, my son who is ten plays, i thought it was like watching paint dry but it is actually exciting when you work out what they are doing haha

lil, i have also sent you a pm about coming to aus - so talk to you soon too i hope

anway be good and take care all.
kath

spirit 11-11-2003 06:33 AM

Lilya

i tried to reply to your pm re coming to aus but yourmail box is full,

basically i saying there is heap to see and if you can sleep on a mattress on floor and can drive on the right side of the road yu would be welcome to come to stay if you come to perth.western australai

we have good stuff here

katey and lee are in melbourne so you might be able to catch up with them. i also have contacts in south australia and the northern territory. you should check out train transport, sit up is cheaper and you getto see how big the place is and the outback. also there is new train that goes all the way from south to north darwin) which take a couple of days etc

anyway keep in touch and clear out yor pm and i can send yo my emails

cheers
kath

Bonni 11-11-2003 08:01 AM

Hi

(((Kath))) (((Helen))) (((Lee))) (((Katey)))
I just wanted to say goodmorning (or goodevening) to you dear girls down under as we say here in the US. I'm glad to hear your days are going good for you. Seems funny to hear your having summer when we are right into our autumn, and getting ready for christmas. :)
And Kath I would like to come to Australia some day too. My husband and I were just talking the other day about all the places we would like to go, when his restaurant business gives him the time where we can. And Australia is one of those places where we would really love to go. Australia sounds like a really fasinating place, and with some really lovely people, like all of you.
Well have a wonderful evening, lots of ((hugs)) to all of you. Love Bonni:)

spirit 11-11-2003 03:35 PM

hey wow

i think i could set up a guest house haha that would be great,

well as i said if you can sleep on a mattress on the floor you would be welcome. actually you hubby wouuld be really welcome cause he could cook hahahahahahahaha

you all know we are the most isolated city in the world, that is why we are a bit weird i guess, ( did i tell you i have three legs, i try not to let them show in photos scares people off, but my teeth are my own i inherited them from my mum haha)

cheers for now, it is going to be over 100F today yuck and it aint even bloody summer

hugs
kath

Juls 11-11-2003 04:04 PM

I thought you guys were weird because you all were descendents of a penal colony. LOL Or was that Canada.

I would like to come to Australia too. It is so beautiful. I actually have relatives there by marriage. However, I have a fear of traveling. I would like to get over that though so I can go and visit other places in the world.

Juls

Katey 11-12-2003 07:56 PM

Helz, I do understand what MDMA does to you, which is why I don't want to rely on it. However the reason I started taking things was because of my depression. But I don't want to make myself any worse.

I've been stupid, I had a doctors apointment yesterday and I cancelled it. I know it's stupid but I feel the doctor wont take me seriously, and I feel embarrased to say how I feel to people, including the doctor. I almost feel like they'd say, "you're not crying or anything, so you're lying", or something, and I know it's ridiculous, but I can't help it.

samo 11-12-2003 08:44 PM

katey-
extasy... from what I under stand this drug is a synthetic opiate. opiate=heroin. This is not some ting that will ever make your life better EVER. Please as a recovering addict I beg you do not turn to drugs!!! it will destroy you
samo

spirit 11-13-2003 04:06 AM

howdy

hey juls - where are your rellies in aus?

and katey did you get my pm this afternoon.

howdy to all

cheers
kath

Katey 11-13-2003 04:54 AM

I did, thanks :)

spirit 11-13-2003 04:56 AM

katey

cool, i hope it helps

cheers
kath

leanna 11-13-2003 05:19 AM

unfortunetly

all i can do is sit here and agree with you.
i feel the saaaaame way,if living sober is living in this lethargic state, then why live sober??
this isnt living, its dying.
the apsence of emotion....im there too.i mean, if atleast there was pain...grief,anything....but its just an empty space that only drugs know how to fill (temporarily....too bad)

i always thought
that being hopeless(dead) was better that being hopeful,(alive),
becaues atleast like this,there is no loss too immense,no fear of never smiling again.maybe i was wrong...
i rather live one day feeling something
than a life time of nothing...

my point??there is none.
just came to say
i am there too.

leiana

2stop 11-13-2003 05:22 AM

~Leiana~ I see you doing some awesome artwork out of this pain...give it a try? I am serious...great art has come out of deep pain such as you are in right now.....

(((((((((((((((((Big Hugs to you))))))))))))))):)

leanna 11-13-2003 05:33 AM

my passions gone.i cant draw like this....i wish i could..thank you for your faith.
the art work u saw (if u saw it)wasnt now...was long ago,when like i said, i felt something.

Katey 11-13-2003 05:33 AM

Is there a chat room in this site?

leanna 11-13-2003 05:36 AM

i think there is,though i wouldnt know for sure...

2stop 11-13-2003 05:41 AM

Yes, there is a chat room. There is a link at the top of the page. There is a schedule for chat, but you are also welcome to go on in and see if anyone is there.:)

spirit 11-13-2003 05:47 AM

to get to chat go to the top of the thread to chat schedule, click on that and it gives i list of chat meetings, however arrown down to the bottom to sober recovery chat

click on that it will bring up a blank screen, wait for a little while and then there is a log in screen (blue) which should have your name on it, then type your password and you are in.

if it doesnt go to blue sign in screen first time, hit refresh

cheers, i might go there and see if you make it
kath

Helz 11-13-2003 06:39 AM

Hey Katey

I understand your hesitation to speak to your doctor honestly and openly, I also have the same fears. However, your doctor will know what is the best option for you at this time. Even if you have to go on anti-depressants it is far better, and far safer, than taking ecstacy. People die from taking e's. They f*** you up badly but I know you know that. It may relieve the problem temporarily but in the end we both know that it makes it far worse. Reach out Katey and talk to someone. It certainly can't hurt, it can only help. Doctors see this kind of thing every day, it won't be anything new to them. Another option is NA. Whatever option you choose, just try something new. If you keep doing the same things then nothing will change.

I wish you all the best.

Lots of love and hugs,
Helen