SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Marijuana Addiction (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/marijuana-addiction/)
-   -   Day 1 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/marijuana-addiction/413903-day-1-a.html)

Windytown4 10-06-2017 07:03 PM

I still have not quit, and am feeling quite desperate to, but afraid to get rid of the pot and walk away. What should I do from here? How do I get sober?

Dee74 10-06-2017 07:18 PM

You have to make a day one WT.

You've done it before and you can again. Get rid of everything - Ideally dump it today - Then start back on Recovery Road :)

D

Windytown4 10-06-2017 09:21 PM

Thank you, Dee. I wish there were a marijuana anonymous group near me. The closest one is probably almost two hours away.
And I do not like the NA meetings. I did not feel kinship or encouraged by people who were addicts to very heavy drugs.. I know the nature of addiction is the same but a marijuana specific group would be great for me. I just ordered russel brand's new book on recovery and addiction. I saw him tonight on TV.
I do feel more and more called to it but somehow scared. It is all sitting in my bathroom right now just waiting for me to have the courage to flush it tonight.
I had had a modicum of moderating it for a little while. I was giving it to my husband to take away and stash for me ( he does not smoke). And I was able to keep it away- once for nine days, once for a week, then in dwindled to two days, one, and then none! And now I am back to smoking and still dealing with lung issues. I just want to know what I can be, how I can feel, off of it. But I am pretty immersed and those beginning times without it I just feel awful. Then if I can get through that, and am sober a while I feel better and then decide it would just be "fun" to smoke a little, and I get right back into it. It is time. I just need the courage, I need to feel connected to something in my quitting which is why a MA group would be great right now! I understand many of you would like to encourage me to go to AA or NA. and I have to say I do think the 12 steps make sense. but I do not feel comraderie or a willingness to bond and open up with the meth users, the crack heroin, whatever users. It does not feel like an inspiring place for me to go. So I am not sure where I can find that connection and support. I could try to email MA and see if someone can open up a group in my area! there are certainly plenty of addicts around. So the question is am I ready to change my life?

I am still working out at the gym regularly, and now my thing is I like to smoke right before I go and then do an hour on the elliptical. And now I have an idea that I can only do it when I am stoned. Which I know will pass when I get sober. It is surely consuming me. I know I have to connect to something HIGHER than GETTING HIGH. It is only by seeking the bliss of freeing myself from the addiction cycle that I can have true motivation to let the MJ go.
I am considering just flushing it all tonight. but I keep saying- oh just a few more days. I cant deal quite yet. I want to quit. Thanks

Dee74 10-06-2017 09:45 PM

I hope you decide to get rid of it,WT.
I found the longer I put off quitting the harder it got.

I'm so glad not to be enslaved to Pot anymore.

I think you will be too.,

D

Windytown4 10-06-2017 10:29 PM

Thank you Dee!

lynnmarie123 10-07-2017 10:29 AM

Oh, Windytown. I am so sorry you are going through this. You sound so miserable. You don't have to be miserable any more.
I was deep into it. Smoked all day from the moment I woke up until I went to bed. And I was miserable too. I hated being enslaved. It was all I thought about.
Can't you find the courage and get en"courage"ment from here?
Make SR the first thing you do in the morning. Make that commitment each morning.
It is possible to quit without going to meetings. I did. SR helped me quit and it's the best thing I've ever done for myself. No regrets.
I hope you can make today Day 1.

Hevyn 10-07-2017 02:51 PM

How are you doing now, Windytown? You have the desire to get free of it, and I believe you will.