SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   The Gratitude List (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/)
-   -   Morning Gratitude Part 117 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/459838-morning-gratitude-part-117-a.html)

Mags1 07-14-2022 09:52 PM

Fearless, hope your sleeping pattern gets better love :hug:

Grateful to read all your Grats. :grouphug:
Grateful for a restful day at home.
Grateful I’m sober. Now and always.

Numblady 07-15-2022 03:45 AM

Fearless, that stinks big time to have your sleep patterns so disrupted. Really hoping for your sake it settles down soon. So hard to function that way.
Caramel that is so cool about the GP.
Turs, I see people airing up those boards down by the “lake” almost every time I go down there (it’s actually just the Colorado river but people call it Town Lake or Lady Bird Lake).
I feel like Alpine said she might be out of range for a while—does that sound right?

Grateful the talk with the kids went as okay as something like that could go. Obviously there will be a lot of aftershocks of processing and grieving but in the moment it went all right. And we all went over to look at the new-old house where they will be staying part of the time.
Grateful for doing therapy weekly for a while.
Grateful for all the incredible humans who work outside in this brutal heat.Construction workers. Firefighters in all their gear. Police directing traffic in their uniforms. The garbage collectors. They are working so hard in such difficult conditions.
Grateful to try and remember the weather is one of those things I have to accept I cannot change. So hard not to worry about it sometimes.
Grateful (???) to find some knock off Caramel Delites in the grocery store. So good. I think I ate like 50 of them though :(
Grateful today is the day I get to consult with a new dog trainer.
Grateful it’s also my nephew’s 20th birthday today.
Grateful my son and his friends planned a group movie outing. So cute and sweet (and preciously nerdy and adolescent). they are dressing up in Minion gear and going to see the Rise of Gru. They coordinated to figure out which seats they each wanted their parents to buy. First drop off movie outing for this guy. I mean, I think he could have done it sooner in terms of my willingness but it just isn’t a thing like it used to be when I was growing up.
Grateful for voice activated and remote control stuff—like the a/c I’m currently enjoying.
Grateful for the comfort and virtual hug of the GP.

PalmerSage 07-15-2022 05:00 AM

Fearless, I'm so sorry about the lack of sleep, that is absolutely brutal - can you sneak in any little power naps, or does that just make it worse? :grouphug:
Hev, I can't explain it but your comment about "platinum hair tinged with peach" made me think of "Beauty School Dropout" and fall down a rabbit hole of peoples' ages while filming "Grease," one of my favorite movies in high school/college in the 90s, way after its release. Here's a link if you're interested. :)
NL, I am beyond happy that the initial conversation with the kids went fairly smoothly. I hope they continue to have a good transition (it seems like summer would be the ideal time to do something like this). Thinking of you in all that insane Texas heat.
CP, I made knee-jerk decisions when I was drinking too - it's so nice to be able to think things through like a "normal" person now.

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful for a telework day with only one meeting planned - it's long but virtual, and I don't have to present.
Grateful yesterday's dreaded presentation is behind me. It was with our top leadership team, and they are supportive of my work but just a weird group. So incredibly grateful to have the help and support of my lone employee. So grateful my old boss will be coming to help us in 2 weeks.
Grateful my dad has been so proactive and independent about their move. Grateful they're going somewhere we all seem to feel good about. Grateful I can go over to their house this afternoon and see how I can help.
Grateful to catch myself mindlessly scrolling through social media - again!
Grateful for a sunny Friday.
Grateful to be sober, and for all the awesome folks here in the GP.

Alpine 07-15-2022 05:05 AM

Hi NL, and yes, we just got back from a canoe camping trip last night. I am sorry you are going through so much, but to be selfish always so happy to see you here
Grateful Least's has been able to sleep
Sorry I am missing everyone's grats, trying to catch back up.
Turs, hope you have been paddle boarding
Grateful we saw so much wildlife on our trip
Grateful for our campsite on our own little island. Did not encounter anyone for a couple of days
Grateful we stayed dry during the heavy rain storm that rolled though
Grateful, ..I hope to resolve some DMV issues so I can get my license for this state. They are giving me issues. Blah
Grateful Riley had a good time with Grandma

Jack16 07-15-2022 05:21 AM

Hey all - struggling with a lot of fatigue at the moment so falling a bit behind with everything, but:

Grateful to be alive
Grateful for the sunshine
Grateful for some money-related news today that I've been waiting a LONG time for

Love to all

CBS62 07-15-2022 05:42 AM

Fearless I can relate to bad sleep. I hope it improves soon. For me I realized that I need to go to bed on the earlier side. I used to be a night owl in my drinking days. And exercise during the day usually helps too.
Vik I am glad you are feeling better.
NL I am happy the talk with your children went as well as it could. It must be a relief to have that behind you.
PS So nice that everyone is happy with your parents move location.
Jack I hope you feel better soon.
Alpine your camping trip sounds wonderful. So glad you got to see a lot of wildlife. My favorite past time.

Grateful for my homemade blueberry muffins.
Grateful for coffee.
Grateful that after a lot of searching I have 4 people for doubles tennis this morning.
Grateful my daughters and granddaughter are coming for dinner tonight.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for good sleep.
Grateful I got my teeth cleaned yesterday. I was way overdue due to COVID and my Dentist retiring.

It seems we have some resident deer. I used to see them occasionally but these two are coming by everyday. There is so much development nearby they are running out of room. But my backyard is pretty big and overgrown. I call it my wildlife habitat.

https://i.postimg.cc/vTV4MKWh/IMG-2222.jpg

ClearPath64 07-15-2022 06:22 AM

Fearless - I'm also sorry to hear about your recent sleep issues. Nothing worse than waking up in the middle of the night and not getting back to sleep. Something that occasionally works for me is flipping on a podcast on my phone and listening to it. A really dull one, preferably with a host that has a calming voice, like Ezra Klein. Not throwing any shade at Ezra, but his voice, coupled with a nuanced discussion about world affairs, puts me right back out.
NL - I'm so glad that you got through your talk, and it was so smart of you to increase the frequency of your therapy visits for a while. Regarding your son's movie experience, apparently that Minions phenomenon is a "thing" with the kids. The boys dressing up as Gru and the girls dressing up as Minions, and them "mosh pitting" at the bottom of the theater. Hilarious. Must be something akin to the Rocky Horror Picture Show phenomenon from our youth. That was a little too crazy for me, but I remember it well.

Grateful today for a small band of rain that moved through this morning.
Grateful to be opening up and sharing things with people.
Grateful to be earning my 30 day chip at the Zoom meeting tonight. Just a silly little virtual thing, but it's a fun ritual and it will be nice to be recognized among the 100+ people that dial in.
Grateful for another day of sobriety and for all of you.

Fearlessat50 07-15-2022 07:51 AM

Grateful to commiserate with others and share grief over loss of sleep. CBS, Clearpath, and anyone else, sorry for your troubles too. I will have to remember that about turning on a podcast or my Calm app if I wake in the middle of the night. It has worked for me before. Last night in waking I had a random thought maybe I’ll try acupuncture. Does that work for sleep issues? Not sure why I thought of it. Palmer, I’m going to try for a nap today. If nothing else, just lie down to relax and listen to a meditation
Thinking of turps. Turps, hope you are well!
Alpine, what a lovely trip with your own island
CBS, love the deer pics. We get deer in our yard too 😊
Jack, I hope the fatigue is replaced by energy soon!
Numblady, I’m glad the conversation with kids went as well as expected. You are handling this all so well! Btw, my son went to see Minions with his friends too. They wanted to wear suits - I guess that’s a trend now started on Tiktok? But they banded it here because the kids were getting too rowdy in the theatres
Grateful for a light work day!
Grateful my lunch with my mentor got canceled. Love her, but don’t feel like meeting anyone for lunch today
Grateful the concrete work should be finished today
Grateful to have financial means to pay for home repairs and improvements
Grateful to say no to work projects that don’t align with my values. Not saying yes to everything and everyone anymore just to please and get validation. Grateful my boss supports me around this

Free2bme888 07-15-2022 08:00 AM

Grateful for all of you
Grateful for the connection to internet albeit poor
Grateful hubby is only a little sick, and doesn’t need medical evac
Grateful for coffee
Grateful for coffee

Free2bme888 07-15-2022 08:02 AM

Grateful for all of you
Grateful for the connection to internet albeit poor
Grateful hubby is only a little sick, and doesn’t need medical evac
Grateful for coffee
Grateful for coffee

tursiops999 07-15-2022 08:51 AM

Running late this morning, so just checking in to say hi. I'll catch up on reading posts this afternoon.
I enjoyed two nights at the coast with beautiful paddle boarding on a creek that feeds into the ocean. Grateful for nature.

Alpine 07-15-2022 10:29 AM

CB, love the picture!
Fear, I hear you on the lack of sleep. I have been having issues too and it is no fun

Hevyn 07-15-2022 10:33 AM

NL - I'm sure you're relieved that it went sort of OK. Like ClearPath & Fearless, I've heard about the kids dressing up as Minions too - hope your son had fun. :) Locally, they had to stop them from doing it - bananas & other stuff were getting thrown at the screen. I'm sure most kids wouldn't overdo it.
PalmerSage - That link made my day. Was feeling a little gloomy, no real reason. So thank you! I loved the movie too. (Can't believe Olivia was 29 & Stockard 33.)
Alpine - The trip sounds so nice - your own island - lovely. :yup:
CBS - I'm glad those babies had a place to go. So beautiful.
Grateful for another gorgeous summer day, in which I am sober.
Grateful I lost another pound. Painstakingly slow, but it's happening.
Grateful for all the posts & updates on what's going on with the GP.
Grateful for early morning yardwork - weeding & stuff. I remember never being awake at 6 or 7am - it still seemed like the middle of the night in the drinking days. :irked:
Much love to all.

Zura 07-15-2022 03:16 PM

Grateful for everyone's gratitude ❤️

This morning I am grateful to be feeling better than I have the past few days.

least 07-15-2022 07:48 PM

Grateful for coffee.

Mags1 07-15-2022 09:42 PM

CBS, lovely to see the deer in your garden. Think they’ve found a good home. :)

Grateful for a no hangover sober Saturday morning.
Grateful for a cool morning.
Grateful for SR and the Grat Pack :grouphug:

Britbird80 07-15-2022 11:31 PM

Morning all

CBS homemade blueberry muffins sounds delicious 😋 I'm opting for sausage, egg and cheese breakfast muffins, slightly unhealthy but hey its Saturday.
Fearless, I'm with CP, headphones often go in at 3/4am with the most moany and monotonous voice I can find and I'm usually gone again fairly quickly!
NL I'm taking kids to see the rise of Gru next week, its supposed to be good, shame the dressing up banned here, my kids would have loved seeing that.
Jack hope you feel more energetic soon, your in for a pretty horrendous few days heat wise in London, we are just outside the red area at the moment but still saying 37 or 38 Monday which is hot for England, quite scary really what global warming is doing to the world 🌎

Grateful to not have to get out of bed early today.
Grateful for a short working day.
Grateful for an act of kindness from my dad this week.
Grateful I've been able to rearrange some plans affected by the train strikes.
Grateful I wore lots of suntan lotion after a long spell outside yesterday.
Grateful i have children who make me so very proud.
Grateful sobriety is giving me the confidence and drive to do things I never thought possible.
Grateful for this site and thread and although i don't always post, I do read every day.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Alpine 07-16-2022 03:43 AM

Grateful for all of you
Grateful that even tough I have not been sleeping well, I have a comfy bed to be in
I will by later, we are heading out to do some paddle boarding.

Numblady 07-16-2022 04:44 AM

CP, congrats on the 30 day chip! That is really cool. You deserve the hugs that come with it too but hopefully you can feel those virtually too.
Jack, hope you get to feeling better soon.
Free, so sorry your husband is sick. That is what happened to mine the only time we ever went on a cruise. It was enough to make us both realize we are not cruising people.

Grateful to hear about the Minions thing. I didn’t even think to look it up. I am fairly confident there wasn’t any contraband in the group I transported but sheesh, what a shame it has gotten out of control to the point of being banned. My son and his friends went to a theater pretty well known for kicking people out if they are obnoxious so hopefully that kept his group in check.
Grateful to be hitting a meeting later this morning.
Grateful to be present and awake(ish) when my son finally got dropped off last night around midnight! (He went to one of the friend’s mom’s studios after the movie because she was having some kind of event). My husband in comparison had used his time “working on projects” at the other house to get sufficiently inebriated that my daughter even commented. Sigh.Oh wait. I’m in grats! Snap out of it, numb!
Grateful I’m supposed to have one night with both kids and my husband out at our friends’ ranch. I am not staying because of the split but because of our nutty dog and the fact that I need to get a LOT of work done before I go out on leave next week.
Grateful for the dog trainer I saw yesterday. I learned so much just in one session. The diagnosis for my dog is primarily issues with aggression related to rank. Apparently the females are the protectors of the pack and the lead female is a key role, maybe the top role? And that’s what she wants to be. The females will fight to the death to establish this dominance. The males fight for show :). So now I have to start teaching her she is fired from her role of dominant female and that I’m in the protector role, not her. I think this is a good metaphor for a lot of stuff in my life! It was really cool how they observed her very specific behaviors by bringing in different dogs to see how she would react. By far the strongest reaction was to another confident female who first stared her down and then basically just turned her backside in my dog’s general direction.
So grateful for the working dogs of the world. I love that this particular trainer outfit uses rescue dogs as working dogs.
Grateful for time to work out, even if I REALLY don’t want to. Waaaaaah.
Grateful for the GP.

PalmerSage 07-16-2022 05:06 AM

CBS, love the photo of the deer, we have tons around us and I love seeing them - my dogs could definitely do without them. ;)
NL, Fearless, I hadn't heard of this minions craze, my younger son must be too old for it! It sounds super fun and like something kids would remember forever.
Hev, yes! Those ages are crazy, but then when I looked at the photos I was like yeah - some of those actors had no business at Rydell High - LOL. :lmao
BB, CP, that's such a great idea about listening to podcasts in the middle of the night. I feel like This American Life with Ira Glass would be another good choice, or maybe anyone on NPR except Zoe Chase. ;)
Alpine, so happy you had a good trip!
Free, that's great that your husband is only a little sick, although I really hope it passes quickly.
Turs, you make paddleboarding sound so fun, I need to try it again I think.

Grateful for coffee - dipping back into the gingerbread emergency kind but actually I kind of like it?
Grateful I'm able to provide my parents with support, because they really need it. Their house is on the market and the showings have been frequent - it's exhausting for both of them and results in my dad's temper flaring and my mom feeling confused and overwhelmed. Grateful for a strong seller's market where their house will hopefully sell quickly, and for top dollar. Grateful to know we will get through this transition stage and they will be settled in their new place fairly soon. Grateful to be very tuned-in to my mom's feelings and to be making my best effort to empathize with her. Grateful (so grateful) she still hasn't lost her sense of humor.
Grateful my younger son is coming home from a camping trip today! We've really missed him, and so have the dogs.
Grateful for my comfortable bed.
Grateful to be sober.