SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   The Gratitude List (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/)
-   -   Morning Gratitude Part 111 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/456265-morning-gratitude-part-111-a.html)

Numblady 12-23-2021 04:20 AM

Wow, so many great grats! Hope I can remember everything.
Grateful Red joined us and hope they come back.
Grateful very much for the PS mantra — but also about that happy fatigue from skiing (or other physical activity). I’m coming to believe my lack of harder sustained cardio is not only responsible for my belly but also some sadness and hopelessness in mood. I know this is obvious on some level but I’m still working out. Just not feeling the same abiding hope for the future I have generally had in my heart.
Grateful CBS got 90% good news and can focus on her family and self.
Grateful for all the support around dementia resources and common experiences.
Grateful we made it safely to TN, which involved a 3 a.m. wake-up, the most crowded long-lined airport I have ever seen, and double masking for as much of the time as I could handle.
Grateful I have Free’s celebration to look forward to. 2032 it is!
Grateful for my hot spot because without it, no post-y.
Grateful to have a small window of time before everyone gets up (though now I hear stirrings and I wasted a lot of it in a fruitless search for a WiFi router).
Grateful to have this group for support and inspiration.

PalmerSage 12-23-2021 05:08 AM

CBS, so happy your mom got some good news!
Fearless, thanks so much for posting about those resources - I totally forgot about the policy about links. :grouphug:
Hev, I'm going to use that reminder too - I'm happy to not be numb and stupid - ok, at least not numb!

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful I'm done with work until after Christmas.
Grateful to be up fairly early and feel ready to get started on my mountain of tasks.
Grateful that the bourbon ball cookies I made last night were such a turnoff - just the smell reminded me of how gross alcohol used to make me feel.
Grateful for the little festive parts of Christmas.
Grateful to have a great outdoor outlet mall nearby.
Grateful for Marshalls, through which all last-minute gift buying is infinitely possible.
Grateful to be buying gifts for myself per the arrangement with my husband. I can't wait to see what I get! ;)
Grateful to be sober, and for everyone here.

Alpine 12-23-2021 05:20 AM

Grateful that after many many nights I finally slept
Grateful for the snow..I love to watch Riley play in it. He absolutely loves it and when he comes back inside he runs around like a wild man. Has the case of the zoomies.
Grateful for a peaceful morning
Grateful for my health
Grateful I get to shovel the snow,,I do not think it snowed enough for the plow person to plow my MIL's driveway. At my house in the West I always shoveled our driveway, sidewalk, and the neighbors on either side of us and across the street (she is 97)

Free2bme888 12-23-2021 06:48 AM

Grateful to see so many grateful posts!🤩
Grateful taking the day off skiing today, coffee in bed☕️
Grateful for the giant storm coming☃️❄️🌨⛄️☃️❄️🌨⛄️
Grateful for Alpines good sleep finally
Grateful for CBS mom Dr confidence in his diagnosis, and the relief it brings
Grateful Pampers mantra touched so many here
Grateful for my eldest sobriety, about 20 months, and her obvious healing through hard work
Grateful to feel enough self love to stretch, walk after skiing, and do a little abdomen work a few times this week
Grateful Dr Free gave me exercises for my arm, they are painful, but seem to be helping
Ever so grateful for all of you here, your sharing of life’s experiences and thoughts and feeling that come with
EXTREMELY grateful to wake up sober

Fearlessat50 12-23-2021 07:43 AM

So glad you got some sleep, Alpine!
CBS, good news about your mom. Thinking of her and your family as she recovers
Free, have a great day skiing. I will be skiing next week. Can’t wait!
Numblady, travel safe
Palmer, enjoy buying gifts for yourself 😊 I always shop for myself for Christmas too. It’s all about self love. Lol
Aly and least, thinking of you ❤️
Grateful for friendships here
Grateful I slept a little better last night and feel better this morning
Grateful for work from home, that my work is so flexible and that I mostly like my job. I literally have nothing more I need to do this week and I am not expected to pretend. So I’m just casually taking the next two days to myself without officially needing to take PTO 😊
Grateful for a good dinner with friends last night with no alcohol
Grateful for a derm appointment today. Grateful that starting next year I’ll be able to get laser for rosacea covered under FSA. These treatments aren’t cheap. Cutting out alcohol has made my skin a lot better. But I still need a little help
Grateful for my beautiful cogs (cats)

Free2bme888 12-23-2021 07:51 AM

PS, sorry SIRI changed your name to Pampers, 🤣😂🤣😂😅

(That’s a baby diaper brand in US)

Ill stick to ‘PS’ 🤓

Grateful for a good laugh
Grateful for Fearless wonderful flexible job ❤️

Alpine 12-23-2021 09:40 AM

Pampers...LOL

CBS62 12-23-2021 09:41 AM

Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful to have my three children home.
Grateful for sunshine today.
Grateful that the chimney sweep people are coming today so we can finally have a fire.
Grateful that so far family quick covid tests are coming back negative. It is raging out there and 4 out of the 5 of us have recently traveled.
Grateful for SR and all of you.

tursiops999 12-23-2021 10:18 AM

Grateful for the encouraging news about CBS' mom.
Grateful Alpine got some sleep.
Grateful most of my holiday prep tasks are done, just have to clean the house.
Grateful the rain is a little lighter so I can drive to the disability office and find out why they're not sending checks.
Grateful to be gathering with family this coming week, and grateful everyone has agreed to take covid tests.

Alysheba 12-23-2021 05:06 PM

Grateful for your kindness and such great ideas. I got mom home and she said she slept really well. Maybe it felt good to be home. Thank you for being so supportive and so kind. Alpine, Least, Fearless, Hev, I wish I could name you all. I think a support group is a fantastic idea. Either on line or if there is one in the area. She was better today. We just rested. We're both tired.
Tomorrow they are delivering a prime rib dinner that is partially cooked. I'm not a very practiced cook, I can do ok with a recipe, if it's not too complicated. I'm kind of stressing out about cooking it. Hopefully they'll have good directions and my mom will remember.
Have a wonderful rest of the day. Love to all. :grouphug:

Alpine 12-23-2021 06:04 PM

Aly, thanks for the update. I am sure the prime rib will turn out great. I wish you and your Mom the very best.

Dee74 12-23-2021 06:32 PM

I am sure it will turn out well too Aly :)

New thread starts here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-111-a-20.html

Dee74 12-24-2021 11:58 AM

CBS and Aly I moved your posts to the new thread ^

D