SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   The Gratitude List (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/)
-   -   Morning Gratitude Part 111 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/456265-morning-gratitude-part-111-a.html)

least 12-18-2021 01:05 PM

Grateful for all of your grats. :) It gives me more to be grateful for to hear of what you're grateful for. :)

Today I'm grateful for my brother coming all the way into town when he didn't have to, just to feed Billie and take care of the cats. :hug: Grateful to have him for my brother. :hug:

tursiops999 12-18-2021 01:12 PM

Grateful for a haircut this morning.
Grateful for a good night's sleep.
Grateful for glorious sunshine ... and more rain on the way next week.
Grateful to hear from an old friend who also lost her spouse.
Grateful for all of you here.

Alpine 12-18-2021 01:26 PM

NL, LOL..your poor pups little paws...LOL
CBS, thinking of you and your Mom
Free, happy to hear you got to ski powder. When I was living back there I did back country skiing..Yoyo skiing. Had a blast

least 12-18-2021 02:32 PM

NL, LOL..your poor pups little paws...LOL
haha, Billie is the same way. Not bothered by thunder or fireworks, but God forbid she should go outside when it's raining and hates walking on wet grass. :dee I have a towel by the front door just for dog-wiping and she knows it but she hates getting wet to begin with. :yikes:

Well, it's evening now, but what the heck... ;) I'm grateful the neighbor kid texted me that he would be coming over to feed Billie and take her out. I'm going to ask him to get one of my plastic poopy bags before he takes her out in case she drops a dog bomb. I cleaned up at least 15 canine land mines from the yard today. If I have him start picking up the poop, it won't build up like that. Going to ask bro if he's been picking it up. He knows where the bags are kept.

Also very grateful for the medical alert pendant that I got, thanks to the agency on aging picking up the tab. My pendant is specific to me cause when I test-called twice yesterday, they answered me with my name and asked me if I needed help. :) I think that's pretty cool. I'm supposed to test-call at least once a month to make sure it's working. It's supposed to be charged no more than four hours, every two weeks. I keep reading the brochure to get familiar with its various lights, the color and whether or not they flash or are solid.

Grateful that I'm sober cause that makes all things possible. :)

Alpine 12-18-2021 03:07 PM

Riley always makes a bee line for leaves, snow, piles of snow, any form of water..especially rivers and streams. He has a lot of adventure in him for a Shih Tzu. He loves to hike and jump onto large rocks or logs.

Mags1 12-18-2021 09:44 PM

Grateful for all your well wishes. The steroids are helping. :grouphug:
Grateful for my morning coffee.
Grateful for sobriety.
Grateful for all of your Grats :You_Rock_

Erratic 12-19-2021 12:40 AM

grateful for being sober on my night out last nigth x
grateful to be hangover free and sober
grateful for my family
grateful that i have only short shift at work this afo
grateful for my cup of tea this morning
grateful to you all here xx

FBL 12-19-2021 03:38 AM

Grateful for another day sober.

Alpine 12-19-2021 05:41 AM

Happy Birthday to my husband. This will be the first time in over 30 years that we have been apart on it
Grateful for being able to talk with him last night
Grateful for a bed to sleep in and a warm house to be in
Grateful I am planning on making homemade calzones for my MIL and myself tonight. Lets hope she likes them
Grateful for a nice quiet morning
Grateful I am sober

PalmerSage 12-19-2021 06:11 AM

Wow - I skipped a day and I see that I'm way behind! So much gratitude, love to see it. Yesterday was my 4-year sober birthday, which was pretty exciting. Ever since my monthly class became inactive, you all are my sober people and I'm so grateful for everyone who posts here. :grouphug:

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful that although yesterday was kind of a crappy day, today has the chance to be better.
Grateful I got a few Christmas presents, finally!
Grateful we have plans to see A Christmas Carol tonight for the third year. This might be the last time my parents are able to do something like this, so I'm trying to focus on that and letting the small nuisances slide.
Grateful my husband took my boys to lay wreaths at a military cemetery.
Grateful my younger son's friend delivered a tray of homemade Christmas cookies while we were all watching Christmas Vacation last night.
Grateful for my sweet dogs and their unconditional love.
Grateful I finally got through some dishes and laundry yesterday - the piles had become ridiculous!
Grateful to be sober.

Numblady 12-19-2021 06:17 AM

Grateful least’s Billie shares my dog baby’s fear of wet leaves and grass.
Grateful for a nice visit with company last night (and now I am ignoring them like a bad hostess but just for a few). The Trail of Lights was a bit more like the Trial of Lights. Lots and lots of driving then waiting for a pretty short drive around a beautiful park. But that’s part of what holiday memories are. The mess and the annoyances along with the glow.
Grateful I was sober.
Grateful we got take out then came home and watched Elf as a group.
Grateful for a decent night of sleep.
Grateful for all of you and sorry I am forgetting at least half of what I wanted to say!

Alpine 12-19-2021 06:46 AM

Just wanted to say I am grateful for all of you

Free2bme888 12-19-2021 06:49 AM

Grateful for coffee
Grateful to have the time to literally stack wood for fireplace
Grateful to work on step four a little (not immersed in AA, but there’s GOOD STUFF THERE)
Grateful to work on photo books by scanning (thanks NL for the motivation with that new scanner purchase of yours)
Grateful how the universe works, how positive energy ripples throughout
Grateful to have fresh Challah this morning with salmon for breakfast (yes, I made it).
Grateful for good choices yesterday, and relapse is off the table
Grateful for all of you here

Hevyn 12-19-2021 07:58 AM

Alpine - Happy birthday to your husband :)
I love Calzones. :)
PalmerSage - Missed you - and very glad you are here.
Numb - The mess & annoyance along with the glow - I love that.
Free - Fresh Challah - that sounds wonderful. :yup:
Grateful to be in such lovely company by being part of this group.
Grateful that we can share little bits of ourselves without judgment.
Grateful for my sobriety & the growth I've experienced since ceasing to be numb.
Love to all.

Fearlessat50 12-19-2021 08:18 AM

Least, I am glad the new pendant is working I am also grateful for your sober inspiration!
Alpine, homemade calzones! Sounds so cool. Sounds difficult. Let us know how it goes
Free, I’ve been working on a photo book too. I do an annual family album. I agree about the ripple effect of positive energy 😊 .
((((Aly))))
Palmer, huge congrats on four years!
Grateful for 9 hours of sleep! I believe this is a first since being a teenager. Lol
Grateful for the mocha Mr F has ready for me every morning. By now he has also learned to make it MCT style. Also, grateful that the Oat milk steams almost just as good as regular dairy milk
Grateful to continue to discover healthy recipes. The possibilities are endless!
Grateful to reconnect with two cousins on my dads side. Met them for the first time last year at dads service. Beautiful people inside and out and I plan to stay in more regular contact
Grateful to remember my dad and other loved ones who passed this time of year.
Grateful for one of my favorite quotes - To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die - Thomas Campbell

Alysheba 12-19-2021 08:54 AM

Going to see my mom this morning. I tried to order groceries on line. It was so confusing and crazy I couldn't figure it out. So after I see my mom, I have to go grocery shopping, my least liked chore. Maybe on Sunday, it won't be so crowded. I was reading that one of my friends hasn't been to the grocery store in 2 years, she orders everything and it always turns out well. I wish I could figure it out. Maybe I should try a different store.
Grateful for all of you.
Fearless, thank you for being such a good friend to me. :hug:
Grateful for you all and all your support.
Love and peace to you all. 💗☮✝☪💫💞

least 12-19-2021 09:36 AM

PS, congrats on four years sober! :hug:

Grateful that my new doorbell was delivered today tho it went to the house next door. I went over and got it and installed it and now I have a working doorbell again. :)

tursiops999 12-19-2021 10:28 AM

Palmer, congrats on four years! Awesome!
Fearless, re making a teddy bear from your dad's shirt -- PM me. I'd love to make a teddy bear for you, or send you a pattern.
Grateful for the time to work on a bunch of small home improvement projects.
Grateful to discover the "Buy Nothing" groups on Facebook ... I've been giving away lots of stuff that is still useful, but I don't need.
Grateful for time yesterday with my daughter in law and grandson.
Grateful for the sunshine today, and the birds migrating through my yard (bushtits and yellow-rumped warblers yesterday!)

CBS62 12-19-2021 11:32 AM

I have made it back home after visiting my mom for a week in Florida. She is in the hospital rehab section but we still don't have a diagnosis. Hopefully , this week they can do some more tests and figure it out. It was so hard to say goodbye to her yesterday. I have tried very tactfully to encourage my 3 siblings that live there to please make sure she gets a visitor everyday.

Turs I love the buy nothing concept. We are giving our children a few things that they will like that we can't use anymore. But I have certainly done some shopping.
least I am impressed that you installed your own doorbell.
Aly I do online grocery shopping a lot. We have a Wegmans here that has it down to a science and it works well. I pick it up curbside.
Fearless 9 hours sleep sounds heavenly. We took an overnight train last night and I was only able to nap even though we were in a sleeper. Maybe tonight.
Hev I agree I am so grateful for this thread.
Free Challah and salmon sounds yummy.
NL We love Elf. We watched it for a third time over Thanksgiving.
PS congrats on 4 years!!!
Alpine homemade Calzones sound great I used to eat those in NY when I lived there.
Mags I am glad the steroids are helping you.

Grateful to be home. I missed my shower, my bed, my pets and my granddaughter.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for vaccines and boosters. I hope we can all stay safe and healthy over the holidays.
Grateful my son is flying home tonight from SF.
Grateful for SR and all of you.

Alpine 12-19-2021 12:34 PM

Hevyn, Thanks!
Fearless, will do. I am about ready to start the dough
Least, for whatever reason I now have the song "Ding dong the witch is dead....." From the Wizard of Oz. Probably because you got a new doorbell. LOL