SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   The Gratitude List (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/)
-   -   Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 89 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/450039-bedtime-gratitude-part-89-a.html)

least 11-07-2020 05:39 PM

(((Daisy))) Your good home cooking will give Mr DB back his weight and strength in no time. :hug:

Fearless, I hope you can find some hearing aids that don't cost too much. :hug: It's ridiculous how expensive medical devices are. :dee

Grateful tonight for Billie's good appetite and good health. :hug: I love to watch her eat and relish every bite. :) And knowing that I'm sober and can provide her with everything she needs is a wonderful feeling. :)

AutumnTree 11-07-2020 09:06 PM

Grateful for many healing, happy tears today. Sweet night, all.

Astro 11-08-2020 04:19 AM

Thank you Aly, I think about Katie and Keva a lot and the special bond that pet owners can develop, it's pretty amazing!

Grateful for the beautiful weather and scenery I got to experience yesterday, it was nice to hike and fish along two cold mountain streams, wind was strong and the Fall leaves were falling off the trees. Grateful for that time spent with a new friend, I think he appreciates having someone to fish with and an excuse to break away from long hours of work, and so do I!

Daisybelle 11-08-2020 02:54 PM

Grateful for all your prayers, kind words and the love that you have shown me.
Grateful Mr D.B is just the tiniest bit stronger, we managed to get him into the bath today and he had a shave, he felt better for that.
Grateful apart from the bath bit, I've had quite a lazy day.
Grateful I have enough food in my cupboards and clean, running water.
Grateful that my little cat is in for the night.
Grateful for my tumble dryer.
Grateful that Least remembered my 2 yrs and 7 months soberversary, because I forgot with all that's been going on. Thank you Least.
Grateful that least thinks I do good home cooking :lmaoI can be a bit hit and miss. x
Grateful to read about Astro's hiking and fishing experience, it sounds wonderful.
Grateful for all of you and grateful to read your grats. xx

least 11-08-2020 04:07 PM

Daisy, I'm not much of a cook myself...;) So to make up for my lack of ability, I just refer to anything I do in the kitchen as 'cooking'. ;) lol

Tonight I'm grateful for a nice nap today with my beagirl. :)

Grateful that Mr DB is doing better and that Daisy is there to help him. :hug:

Bekindalways 11-08-2020 06:41 PM

Hi all, Least, I envy you your puppy. It must be such a comfort right now.

I'm having to dig hard tonight for gratitude although my day was not particularly bad in any way.

I'm grateful:

- that Dad didn't fall nor have an accident today
-for the grounding/centering effects of Soberrecovery

This may well be one long ole winter coming up. I'm trying to mentally prepare myself as best possible.

Fearlessat50 11-08-2020 09:45 PM

Grateful Mr DB is home and being well cared for by our Daisy
Aly, you are right about why I am tired. Stressed about the presentation. It’s actually this week. I’ve studied the material and feel much more prepared now so I think I will be fine. Still, I’ll be glad when it’s over.
Grateful that I have found some good hearing aid options. Glad I don’t take everything my doctor says at face value and do my own research
Grateful a close friend came to visit today and we went mountain biking then to lunch
Grateful the car is being fixed this week
Grateful last week is finally over!
Grateful for new beginnings.

AutumnTree 11-08-2020 11:52 PM

BKA I agree it may be a long winter as covid kicks up again. What are you doing to prepare? I'm sending you love and strength!

Grateful for the fat cat currently using me as a pin cushion. He always relaxes me even when his sharp claws hurt!
Grateful that being sober is making me feel strong even though I also feel vulnerable.
Grateful that I have heat and a home on this chilly night.

Astro 11-09-2020 05:12 AM

Grateful for the rain we received last night and the snow in the high country.

Grateful that this day will eventually be over, I've been dreading seeing the Dr. today but it's all part of getting old and taking as good care of my health as I possibly can.

least 11-09-2020 03:54 PM

(((BKA))) Yes, Billie is a treasure for sure. :) She has so much love to give and I delight in taking good care of her and my two cats. :)

Tonight I'm grateful for my sobriety, which enables me to live my life to the fullest and do my best. :)

Fearlessat50 11-09-2020 06:40 PM

Grateful to see each of you
Grateful this day will be over soon and tomorrow is a new day
Grateful that everything changes and everything passes
it was not a good day for me. But I am grateful for what I have

AutumnTree 11-09-2020 07:30 PM

Fearless, I'm sorry you had a rough day. Sometimes there's nothing to do but go to bed and reset!
astro I hope your doctor's appointment went well!
And Least, today I'm grateful for my sobriety too! So much more grateful than I anticipated being! I just feel so much more relaxed and capable of handling the day to day without the emotional exhaustion of whether or not to drink, how much, regret, shame, etc. Tomorrow makes 30 days.
Wishing you all a super deep sleep tonight!

least 11-09-2020 07:52 PM

Tomorrow makes 30 days
Autumn Tree, that's wonderful! :hug: The first 30 days can be really rough. Now that they're done, it should start getting a bit easier. :)

A while ago Billie was lying in my lap and I was petting her and loving on her. :) My heart just overflows with love. :) I feel so blessed to have her love and trust. She knows I'll take care of her and trusts me with her life. :) I am so honored to have earned her trust. Next May will be 5 yrs since I adopted her. Five wonderful loving years. :) I am so glad I found her and brought her home to live with me for the rest of her life. :hug:

Grateful for all my blessings. :)

(((Fearless))) I hope tomorrow is a better day for you. :hug:

Astro 11-10-2020 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by Fearlessat50 (Post 7539131)
Grateful this day will be over soon and tomorrow is a new day
Grateful that everything changes and everything passes
it was not a good day for me. But I am grateful for what I have

Thank you for these words Fearless, you summed it up for me too. Yesterday was not what I expected, it was worse, but I guess I should know better than to have expectations. I pray that today being a new day brings us something good to brighten us up.

Grateful once again for every sober breath that I take and the fact that I woke up this morning 6' above ground and breathing. Grateful that as I get older I have insurance and there are doctors to take care of me. Grateful that my wife was supportive and caring yesterday, and I think we both got some pretty good laughs out of the procedure I had done.

least 11-10-2020 04:34 PM

Grateful for my brother who took me to the store to stock up on groceries. :hug: Grateful also that I have a doctor's appt tomorrow to get rid of this UTI.

Bekindalways 11-10-2020 06:13 PM

Ugh Least, UTIs can be crummy. Cranberry juice and fluids!

I'm grateful for:
-knitting a neck gator for my nephew's Duck (long story)
-pistachio creme brûlée for dinner
-my sister called and was happy she was getting a handle on my Dad's finances

I hope Wednesday will go okay for you all.

Citrus 11-10-2020 07:00 PM

Grateful to have found my way back to SR.
Grateful for my family.
Grateful for yummy soup and homemade bread for dinner.
Grateful I watched my yongest play in the rain today.

Fearlessat50 11-10-2020 07:15 PM

Bekind, pistachio creme brûlée sounds amazing! I’m going to research recipes. Now a dairy free version, that would be something
Autumn Tree, thank you for those kind words. Going to bed and resetting was exactly what I needed. Congrats on your 30 days! You sound so well and healthy!
Thank you, Astro and Least too. Astro, I hope today was better for you
Least, I hope the doctor went well. Yucky UTIs!
I hope you are ok, Aly
Daisy, hope you and Mr DB are well. Ongoing prayers!
Least, I am always so grateful you have Billie. I remember how much you grieved for the loss of Jack and how hard that was. Not that Billie could ever replace him, but you have such a strong and loving connection
Grateful that today was a much better day. One thing that was bad about yesterday is I had completed this certification course over the past few weeks and took the three hour exam yesterday but there was a technical glitch and I thought I had lost all my answers. I couldn’t get a hold of support since they were closed by them. So I didn’t sleep very well at all last night. This morning, the administrator was able to retrieve my test and score it. I passed 😊 I’m just so glad I didn’t have to retake the whole thing. It was actually harder than I thought and I was questioning whether I passed. Whew!
Grateful for a healthy pizza for dinner
Grateful to bond with sonny boy. That was another bad part about yesterday - he was in a terrible mood and crying for a while. Me and Mr F could not get him to talk. He finally did and it was over a friend drama, We had a good chat about how upset he was about his friend and how upset I was about my test. I always try to turn the discussion into a life lesson and something to be learned.
Grateful for the self awareness that I really need to work on improving my resiliency in certain areas. I need to be more patient with outcomes and work on calming myself down in stressful situations.
Speaking of stress, I’m doing my presentation via Zoom tomorrow. But I do feel less stressed than before. I have spent a lot of time becoming an expert on the subject. Mr F is going to listen to me do a dry run so I’m grateful for his support.
Grateful for the chance to ramble on here 😊

Astro 11-11-2020 03:51 AM

Fearless, congratulations on passing the test! Yeah that had to be nerve-wracking. Very happy they were able to retrieve your answers.

Grateful for the veterans in my family, my older brother and my late father. USMC, Semper Fi, oooo rah!
Grateful I have some time today to run away again for quail hunting and trout fishing.

Daisybelle 11-11-2020 02:27 PM

Grateful for those who lost their lives in order that we can live ours.
Grateful that my g.son had his birthday today, a rare one, 11 on 11th of 11th.
Grateful that his mummy phoned him from Spain at 7 am and was able, via Facetime, to watch him open his presents.
Grateful to be well.
Grateful that Mr D.B is getting a little stronger each day.
Grateful for this thread.
Grateful for all of you. xxx