SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   The Gratitude List (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/)
-   -   Morning Gratitude ~ Part 98 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/447308-morning-gratitude-part-98-a.html)

Lpg 05-30-2020 09:28 PM

Grateful for being allowed social distance garden visits yesterday with my in laws, my sons face was sheer delight to see his grandparents after being apart for 11 weeks
Grateful for sunscreen
Grateful for Sr and the kindness here
Grateful for a very well rested sleep to allow me an early rise.

​​​​

Mags1 05-30-2020 09:29 PM

Grateful for one way privacy film for our bedroom window, no more nets.
Grateful for sobriety and the life it has brought me.
Grateful for all of you. :grouphug:

Daisybelle 05-31-2020 02:31 AM

Grateful to be sober and present this morning.
Grateful to wake up to another glorious sunshiny day.
Grateful to be well and grateful that my family are too.
Grateful the builders have finished the noisy work on the end of my house.
Grateful I don't need to go out for supplies today.
Grateful that my g,son is spending the afternoon with his other grandad.
Grateful to be here with you all.

Hevyn :hug:, I hope the night gremlins kept away last night, anyway it was my turn. xx

FBL 05-31-2020 03:43 AM

Grateful for another day sober.

Numblady 05-31-2020 04:50 AM

Grateful to laugh because when I read about RZ’s screens I assumed it was electronic screens, not the window kind :).
Grateful that some day we will hopefully have better windows and have window screens, period. House was built in 1965 so windows are very thin and all but two of them have lost their screens.
Grateful for where I can see that a porch screen door used to be installed from where the hardware must have been. There is just something special about thinking about the earlier inhabitants of this house, what they might have been like and done. And then I just like swinging porch doors with their fussy weird hooks :)
Grateful we are headed to yet another state park today, this one right in town—to hike, explore, and swim. Hopefully. Before a thunderstorm hits.
Grateful to be headed outside for yoga in the treehouse.
Grateful I took the time to air and vacuum out the tent yesterday. Still don’t know how to fold it back up or get anywhere close to putting it back into its bag but hopefully at least this means it won’t be fulll of grit and grime next time we set it up.
Grateful to be here in our cozy little virtual support group. One of the things most missing in my life is fellowship and camaraderie that isn’t related to work. And for the doses of those things I get here from all of you, I am extremely grateful.

sunpengwn 05-31-2020 06:06 AM

Grateful for the foggy sunrise this morning....
Grateful for SR...
Grateful for the warm hugs...
Grateful for a quiet early morning....
Grateful for the news...
Grateful for my peace of mind...
Grateful for gratitude...
Grateful for the St. Francis Prayer....

PalmerSage 05-31-2020 06:25 AM

Grateful for coffee!
Grateful that I have taken some serious steps to focus on my weight loss.
Grateful that the sun is shining, and there's green everywhere.
Grateful for my (mostly) good kids. :)
Grateful for the chance to wander through some stores yesterday - so relaxing!
Grateful for online shopping and technology in general.
Grateful that I've been motivated to finally clean the house!
Grateful to have so many awesome people in my life.
Grateful to be sober, and for everyone here!

Fearlessat50 05-31-2020 06:56 AM

Grateful to be up early. Lots to do today before two sets of guests arrive for various outdoor activities and social distancing 😊
Grateful to have a wonderful visit with close friend across the bay yesterday. Grateful to throw caution to the wind and for an old fashioned real hug.
Grateful for an awesome thunderstorm, lightening, hail downpour which all seemed so random after the heatwave last week.
Grateful the new garden chairs arrived yesterday
Grateful to hear from my Dad finally. Had not talked to him in a few days and it turned out he fell again and this time broke his phone so he borrowed a phone to call me. He could not remember my name or number so glad all the Poa and contact info is in record and the facility is being so helpful. Grateful to calm and support my Dad and do what I can from remote to help out.
Grateful none of the protestors holding signs up over the overpass threw rocks as I drove by
Grateful though we live in strange times indeed and it also feels like we are back in the sixties, this will all pass and there is still love
Grateful for each of you and for everything we share here. Missing Aly and I hope she is ok

least 05-31-2020 08:19 AM

Grateful to wake up sober and see Billie right next to me. :) That starts my day off right. :)

Rusty Zipper 05-31-2020 09:47 AM

grateful for a few of the guys bringing a meeting to me last night

Hevyn 05-31-2020 12:59 PM

Zip - Grateful for your helpful & caring friends. :hug:
Fearless - :yup: There is definitely love & empathy.
Daisy - It was 1:30am when I turned out the light. I must've slept because next thing I knew it was 6:30.
Grateful for a cool down - but it's almost too cool & some people have the heat on.
Grateful for a long ride through our new town - getting to know & appreciate it.
Grateful it is 'flip day' - all calendars now turned to June - such a lovely month.
Grateful for the triumph of the human spirit.

Daisybelle 05-31-2020 08:52 PM

Grateful to be up before my breakfast this morning listening to the dawn chorus.
Grateful that hangovers are a thing of the past.
Grateful that it looks like it's going to be another sunshiny day.
Grateful for my laptop.
Grateful I washed my hair last night.
Grateful for this quiet time when I am the only one up in the house.
Grateful for nature.
Grateful to read Fearless's post and grateful she got to speak to her lovely dad. I'm so sorry he had a fall Fearless, it's such a worry for you. Make sure you take good care of yourself too.
That was good of your friends Rusty. I'm grateful they did that for you.
I hope you got some sleep again last night Hevyn. Grateful that you're getting to know your new town, I hope you like it.
Grateful for my friends who live in the computer.
Grateful to be on this journey with you.

Missing Aly and hoping she is okay. xx

Mags1 05-31-2020 10:18 PM

Grateful for another sober day.

NewChapterJan18 06-01-2020 03:12 AM

Grateful to be sober.
Grateful for all of you :grouphug:
Grateful to have submitted some additional work to my dissertation supervisor yesterday.

Numblady 06-01-2020 04:47 AM

Missing Aly too. Hope she is okay.
Fearless, sending hugs. I know what you are going through with your dad is very hard on you.

Grateful RZ’s friends brought the meeting to him.
Grateful the trip to the state park was really nice. Good, cool swimmming in what I guess is a creek but seemed more like a river. Rocks we got to jump from into the cool water. Great shade and fishing spots.
Grateful that when I fell hard on some slippery rocks I didn’t do more damage. My tailbone definitely hurts and I wrenched my neck a little but all in all for falling flat on a large rock slab, not too awful.
Grateful to hear Hev’s term “flip day.” So true. I’m excited for flip day going into July. Really hoping/thinking by then my work life may be a little different.
Grateful for my neighbors. Yesterday one of them gave us some dining room chairs he was going to put out to the curb or put on Nextdoor. He also helped me put up a trellis for my bougainvillea and is just generally a nice guy. Neighbors on the other side are wonderful too. Wish I spent more time getting to know all of them better.
Grateful to talk to my dad. He has some type of UTI and had a catheter installed last week. Apparently he told my mom yesterday morning that he was sure he was going to die. He was better by the time I talked to him and as she noted he does tend toward the apocalyptic but still, worrisome.
Grateful the house is getting cleaned today!
Grateful for my amigos in the computer.

Rusty Zipper 06-01-2020 05:24 AM

grateful everyday to keep eating a bit more

sunpengwn 06-01-2020 05:29 AM

Grateful for the walk on beach with God so early in morning before sunrise....
Grateful no protesters in my small town.....
Grateful for the darkness as I wait for the sunrise...
Grateful for the stars before the sun comes up...
Grateful for the quiet....
Grateful for SR...
Grateful for Peace...
Grateful for Serenity Prayer....

Fearlessat50 06-01-2020 06:05 AM

NCJ, glad you are making more progress on your dissertation. How exciting!
Zip, so glad for your caring group of friends
grateful there are no protesters in Sunpengs town. They certainly seem to be everywhere else
Grateful for least and Billie
Grateful for Hevs mention of flip day
Grateful Numblady is ok or at least the fall wasn’t worse. I hope you are better today.
Grateful to be up early, not intentionally and I slept horrible, but the extra time gives me opportunity to get more done and ai know I’ll catch up on sleep. Maybe I’ll take a nap on the patio
Grateful for each one of you. You are all the best and I always feel uplifted when I read your posts.

least 06-01-2020 09:48 AM

Grateful to wake up sober and the first thing I see is Billie's sweet face next to mine. :)

Hevyn 06-01-2020 10:36 AM

Zip - Grateful you are getting more nutrition. :hug:
Numb - I'm so glad you didn't break yourself.
So grateful to find you all here each day.
Grateful for patience & tolerance.
Grateful more than ever for my sobriety and eyes wide open.

Mags1 06-01-2020 09:07 PM

@Alysheba thinking of you. xx
Grateful for the wonderful Gratters and your daily Gratitudes. :c014:
Grateful Zippy is eating a bit more. :hug:
Grateful I’m sober. :yup:

Daisybelle 06-02-2020 01:54 AM

Grateful to be sober and present this morning.
Grateful to have slept well last night, I needed it so much. ( your turn now Hev x).
Grateful for another beautiful day.
Grateful I and my family are all well.
Grateful for a cup of good old Yorkshire tea.
Grateful my garden looks good now.
Grateful for all the greenery round me and to have meadows just over the road.
Grateful for nature and wildlife.
Grateful to see a dragonfly in my garden yesterday.
Grateful the wayward one has had a job offer.
Grateful NC19 submitted some extra work, good luck.
Grateful Numblady has such lovely, kind neighbours, I wish I could say the same about mine ( only on 1 side, the others are great).
Grateful Rusty is managing to eat more, you'll get there R.Z.
Grateful for SunPengwn's walks along the beach,, wish I could walk along it with you.
Grateful for Fearless's post's and her commitment to her dad's care.
Grateful that Least is always here.
Grateful for Hevyn's wise words.
Grateful for my lovely friend Mags.
Grateful to read your uplifting posts, it's the best way to start the day.
Grateful to be on this journey with you all.xxx

​​​​​​​Prayers and love for Aly xxx

FBL 06-02-2020 01:57 AM

Grateful for an early start to my Tuesday.

Grateful for another day sober.

Numblady 06-02-2020 03:39 AM

Grateful I woke up on time.
Grateful for my telling dream (watching other people go have fun while I work).
Grateful for the important conversations happening in our nation; grateful for people speaking up for justice.
Grateful for the grats and the gratters. Hoping Aly comes back soon.

Fearlessat50 06-02-2020 06:56 AM

Grateful for this special space and time with you all over my delicious coffee in bed. I’m a lucky girl!
Thinking of Aly too. I have pm’d but have not heard back. Aly, we all love you and hope you are ok and come back!
Grateful Daisy’s wayward has a job offer. Woot!
Grateful for Numblady’s mention of the conversations happening. Agreed!
Grateful for Mag’s, FBL, least, Sunpeng, NCJ, ZIP and everyone else here. Proud to call you all friends 😊
Grateful for my therapy appt last night
Grateful for my online Well journal. It’s coming along and it’s making me feel inspired, authentic and accountable
Grateful to be having a Zoom team meeting later today
Grateful for my routines
Grateful my Dads BFF is going to visit him today
Grateful to rethink things, weigh risk against importance and consider planning a trip to visit my Dad once the rioting settles. With protective measures this can be a safe trip. He is declining rapidly and is barely coherent these days.
Grateful for Daisy’s mention of the garden as I need to water mine

sunpengwn 06-02-2020 08:39 AM

Grateful to the coffee I just had...
Grateful for the walk with God on the beach early this morning as it was real quiet.... :beachball
Grateful for SR...
Grateful for the sunrise this morning... :shine8pl:
Grateful for the fog burning off....
Grateful for another Hot day.... :ham3
Grateful for the time spent trimming bushes in backyard....
Grateful for my 6 yr old cream color Husky... Stormie...she is such a Teddy Bear....
Grateful for all of you here....just for today.....:grouphug:

Hevyn 06-02-2020 09:29 AM

Daisy - I slept too - imagine that. :yup: Now let's do it again tonight.
Good to know of the job offer!
Grateful to find a resale shop I can take my castoffs to. After 10 yrs. of holding on to certain clothing items - I think it's safe to let them go. :) Not gonna fit, now or ever.
Grateful to know for sure that better days are coming.
Grateful that all my flowers survived my black thumb & are now flourishing.
Grateful I resisted temptation & didn't buy that ice cream. sniff.
Grateful for every post - love & hugs going out. :hug:

Rusty Zipper 06-02-2020 09:53 AM

grateful for all the encouragement from you guys!

least 06-02-2020 10:53 AM

Grateful to be almost done cutting the tree lawn with the weed whacker. It was looking pretty ragged, now it's looking better. :)

Grateful to wake up sober and see Billie's face next to me when I wake up. :)

Mags1 06-02-2020 10:44 PM

Grateful Daisy & Hev got plenty of sleep!:a227:
Grateful for the rain this morning, dampen down the pollen. :yup:
Grateful for all of you, friends around the world.:VGRearth:

Grateful I can order groceries on the internet for my in-laws.
Grateful for SR and SR moderators.