SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   The Gratitude List (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/)
-   -   Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 87 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/446690-bedtime-gratitude-part-87-a.html)

Alysheba 05-11-2020 07:03 PM

Grateful for a tad bit of rain this early evening. Anything helps.Grateful to be all ready to do my laundry tomorrow. We have community machines, which is fine until someone breaks the machines or leaves their laundry in the machines, which I don't want to touch. Icky!!! I have a few gloves from hair coloring, my sister owns a hair salon, but she doesn't do my hair, nor my mother's. Grateful for the Sick Man Prayer; I heard someone mention it, maybe Daisy :hug: and I really have to think of it when I have to deal with either of my sisters, which is thankfully very little. Grateful for my boundaries with my destructive sisters. I'd love to live in Key West, but it might be a bit pricey for me unless I got roommates. Oh well, sometimes we have to make compromises to live in Paradise! :love:Love to all of you. Take good care. :grouphug:

TiredCarpenter 05-11-2020 07:23 PM

I do not spend much time thinking about things like the AV. That being said.......
I am grateful that I did not listen to the AV today. It tried to get me fantasizing with what ifs today.

I cannot drink in any measure. Destroys me.

Be well, good folks.

least 05-11-2020 07:52 PM

Grateful for Beethoven's Pastoral Symphony. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2VY33VXnrQ

Fearlessat50 05-11-2020 10:04 PM

((((Aly))::Tired carpenter, glad you dismissed the AV todayThanks for posting that video, Least
Grateful to watch Forest Gump. Sonny boy loved it!
Grateful the crockpot stroganoff turned out delicious
Grateful for the adorable things my cogs do

Astro 05-12-2020 06:41 AM

Grateful for the exercises I've been doing in the mornings, I do see a little difference and good results.

Grateful for light chores to do while we work from home. There is talk of me going back to my office, not sure how I feel about that so it's best to turn it over to God.

Alysheba 05-12-2020 12:51 PM

Grateful for a good night's sleep. Grateful I am in a better mood today than I was yesterday.Grateful to have gotten the laundry done today. Grateful for my walk with Luke. It's been kind of cool and drizzly off and on today, but it was kind of nice. Grateful for my blessings. Grateful for the things I sometimes take for granted. Grateful for all of you being here. These posts are so wonderful to read.Love, peace and good health to everyone. :grouphug: :wavey: :love:

least 05-12-2020 03:12 PM

Grateful for a long walk with Billie today. :) If it's nice tomorrow I'll take her for a walk downtown to the natural food store to get some more wheat germ. :)

Daisybelle 05-12-2020 04:10 PM

Grateful to be going to bed sober as I always do these days.

Grateful for a quiet evening.

Grateful to do some sewing that I've been putting off for ages.

Grateful that I am in good health and that my family are well.

Grateful that the bulky goods disposal people from the council came and took my old tumble dryer away this morning.

Grateful that I was able to gift a single mattress that was surplus to requirements, grateful that it is of use to someone.

Grateful for a text from a builder saying he can point our gable end on Saturday.

Grateful I found my missing tweezers.

Grateful that I didn't need to go out shopping for anything today.

Grateful to have a new book to read in bed.

Grateful Aly reminded me of the sick man prayer. Yes it was me, I use it for my wayward son.

Grateful also for the serenity prayer and just for today. My 'go to' prayers.

Grateful TiredCarpenter K.O'd the A.V.

Grateful for Beethoven's Pastoral Symphony. Thank you Least.

Grateful to know that sonny boy enjoyed Forest Gump. It's a top film.

Grateful Astro turns his concerns over to God. I need to work on doing that too.

Grateful Aly had a good sleep, it does help.

Grateful that Least and Billie had a good walk.

Grateful to come and post here.

Grateful for each of you. xxx

Fearlessat50 05-12-2020 07:47 PM

Astro, if and when you go back to your office, I hope you are safe and your employer is providing safety measuresÂ

Grateful for each of your uplifting posts. Grateful for the reminder of the sick man, serenity and just for today prayers. Also, for Astro’s mention of turning things over to god. I need to turn things over to my higher power.Â
Grateful for a productive work day.Â

Grateful to figure out a Zoom issue.Â

Grateful for a good text from my neighborÂ

Grateful my husband is helping me stay calm. If he was an anxious as me, I’m not sure how that would work.Â

Grateful my finger is still improving.Â

Grateful for a hot bath.Â
Grateful someday this will all pass. In the meantime, grateful to keep doing my best and helping where I can.Â

least 05-12-2020 08:18 PM

Grateful for another sober day. :)

Grateful for all of you, my friends here. :grouphug: It means so much to me to come here and read of all your grats. And when you share your joy, I feel joy too. :)

And, as always, I'm grateful for Astro's signature. :)

"Life
is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a
pretty, and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming---*WOW-What
a ride*!"

TiredCarpenter 05-12-2020 08:56 PM

9:56 p.m. here

Grateful for good-hearted people.

Out in the world, but mostly here at SR.

Goodnight, all.

Astro 05-13-2020 06:51 AM

Grateful I was able to do some plumbing work for a friend and save them a couple hundred dollars. Grateful I was also able to fix their refrigerator lights too, they were so happy about that.
Grateful that when I wake up every day God has a plan for me, it's a surprise what the day will be like, what a great gift that is to receive.

ButterMarsh 05-13-2020 03:50 PM

Grateful that God's mercies are new every morning. God knows I need them.

Grateful for SR; what a lifeline.

Grateful for learning new ways to do life. It's such an adventure.

Grateful for my kids; they are my angels.

Grateful for my husband; for how hard he works and for being a great father.

Grateful for sobriety and for grace.

Alysheba 05-13-2020 06:02 PM

I too am grateful for God's mercy.<div>Grateful for a little rain.</div><div>Grateful that my stomach hasn't been feeling that well lately.&nbsp; Lost my appetite so, thankfully I've lost a few pounds!</div><div>Grateful for all of you and love and peace to all.&nbsp; :grouphug:&nbsp; :wavey:</div>

least 05-13-2020 07:07 PM

Grateful for good dog walking weather. :)&nbsp; Billie and I walked 2.5 miles today. :)&nbsp; The sun was shining and it was energizing to soak up the rays and watch Billie being a dog. :)&nbsp; I get such a kick out of watching her sniffing so carefully.&nbsp; I'd love to be able to read her mind when she's sniffing so intently. :)<br>

Fearlessat50 05-13-2020 07:29 PM

Let’s see how this works

grateful Aly feels good about losing a few pounds

grateful Astro has such a great attitude and faith

grateful for Buttermarsh reference to life being an adventure

grateful two people commented That I looked cute today on Zoom calls. Lol. I don’t know why that matters. Lol.

grateful for a productive work day

grateful for job security

grateful to react calmly to a situation involving my dad that ended up being a minor thing. This is really difficult for me lately because so much is happening on so many fronts it’s overwhelming.

grateful you are always here for me 😊

Astro 05-14-2020 05:35 AM

Grateful to be leaving the house to do a little service work this morning, I'm getting a tiny bit stir-crazy. Grateful for these beautiful cool mornings and breezes to keep the heat away.

Daisybelle 05-14-2020 03:10 PM

Grateful for a sober evening sat here cosy and warm in my p.j's.

Grateful for a relaxed, easy day.

Grateful for my bike.

Grateful that Mr D.B is sorting his pensions out.

Grateful for coffee.

Grateful to hear the laughter of children.

Grateful to stand on the front doorstep earlier to applaud the N.H.S and all our key workers.

Grateful to read all your caring posts, I'm proud to be here with you all.

Grateful to love and to be loved.

Fearlessat50 05-14-2020 07:18 PM

Grateful Astro did some service work

grateful Daisy is applauding the NHS workers. Grateful for all the healthcare and front line workers saving lives

Grateful to have a really good chat with two coworker friends who make me feel like I’m not alone

grateful for my family, our health, home and security

grateful for one day at a time

grateful to be watching Survivor finale tonight. Grateful to think about how life and work is like a Survivor game and to give it my best

grateful for my sweet cogs

grateful for our little computer family and everything we share.

least 05-14-2020 08:39 PM

Grateful that Billie and I got our walking/errands in today before it started to rain. Grateful to pay rent and a bill. Grateful to finally have an appt time set to take Billie to the vet for her HW test and her rabies shot. Grateful to have such good vets. :)