SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   The Gratitude List (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/)
-   -   Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 49 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/345442-bedtime-gratitude-part-49-a.html)

Opivotal 09-19-2014 05:28 AM

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 49

New Thread Continues From Here :)

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-48-a-25.html

Alysheba 09-19-2014 07:24 AM

Thanks Opi!!

Soberpotamus 09-19-2014 04:04 PM

Thanks Opi :)

Today I am grateful for tea!

eddie z. 09-19-2014 04:38 PM

EQ, I believe "trice" means three times, like twice means two times.

Grateful for Well of Mercy. A brief quiet retreat is just what I need.

And grateful for meeting a new neighbor here at The Well, 45 minutes from our homes, especially since she works for Cancer Services and really understood my stories about what I just went through with my dad. Mysterious ways, I tell you!

Love and hugs,
Eddie :tyou

EternalQ 09-19-2014 04:59 PM

Grateful for Opi.
Grateful for a reliable car.
Grateful I held it together today though i was very overwhelmed.
Grateful for hot roast beef sandwiches and mashed potatoes.
Grateful for you.

Alysheba 09-19-2014 06:17 PM

I must be getting older because I am grateful for the shows I get to watch on Friday night. I am grateful I find that amusing!! :lmao

GentleSoul 09-19-2014 06:26 PM

Grateful that today I had the courage to be more honest than I have been.

elizabeth19 09-19-2014 06:29 PM

Grateful for a great yoga class with a joyful, inspiring teacher.
Grateful for a nice big from the woman I work for this am.
Grateful for my daily am meetings and the group there. Like my sponsor says, it takes dedication and willingness to get there every day at 645.
Grateful I have that willingness as well.
Grateful for another sober day.

Rusty Zipper 09-19-2014 07:04 PM

grateful to be all set for the benefit for Pam K. tomorrow night

Astro 09-20-2014 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by EternalQ (Post 4908250)
Grateful for hot roast beef sandwiches and mashed potatoes.

Now I'm hungry again. And I just had breakfast :D

Thanks for hookin' us up Opi!

Grateful for our recovery BBQ last night, and the newcomer who helped out with the grilling.

freein14 09-20-2014 11:09 AM

I'm so very, very grateful that I'm now home from a two week holiday and I am still alcohol free. It's the first sober holiday I can remember (as an adult), and I really thought it would be a challenging time, but it's over, and I have 5 months of freedom under my belt. It's amazing to me!

HeadLump 09-20-2014 02:55 PM

Grateful that Free had a successful sober holiday! :bigok:

Grateful that I went to work today even though I was up coughing for most of the night

Grateful that my little football team have had 2 away wins in 5 days - after suffering their worst start to a football season for 31 years! :yikes:

HeadLump 09-20-2014 02:59 PM

And grateful for the sound of owls outside! They're very loud indeed tonight :)

Alysheba 09-20-2014 03:41 PM

Grateful I got to spend some time with my nephew and his friend on the way to his football game. Grateful for the warm feelings and the hilarious sense of humor in these young teenagers.

Grateful for my faith.

EternalQ 09-20-2014 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by freein14 (Post 4909459)
I'm so very, very grateful that I'm now home from a two week holiday and I am still alcohol free. It's the first sober holiday I can remember (as an adult), and I really thought it would be a challenging time, but it's over, and I have 5 months of freedom under my belt. It's amazing to me!

I am SO happy for you!

Grateful I got to spend a lot of time outside today tending to flowers and just relaxing. Grateful my dog got to stay outside a lot today too, because the weather was so cool and I was home. That hasn't happened in a long time for him.

Grateful to catch my own self judgements in my head.... sometimes. Grateful when I started feeling depressed this afternoon, I suddenly realized what I had been thinking that would certainly depress me. I hadn't been aware of it, and suddenly, I was. It was so obvious. I made the connection. Grateful I refocused my mind and changed my activity.

Grateful that is only possible through sobriety.

versa1977 09-20-2014 05:19 PM

I am grateful for hosting a party, having friends and kids, great food, serving wine to my guest and not having one drop.:ring

elizabeth19 09-20-2014 05:53 PM

Grateful for two great meetings today, and a yoga class. Grateful I'm taking all this time to do good things for myself.
Grateful for the kind woman who gave me a ride from the meeting.
Grateful for my mind boss, who gave me a ride to the meeting, and is an all around joyful, inspiring person.
Grateful for another sober day.
Grateful for two people at b the meeting who told me how good I was looking compared to 4 months ago.

least 09-20-2014 05:55 PM

I am grateful for Jack and Greta and Freddie and Lily and Timmy and Purrfect. :) What would I do without them?

Marjoram 09-20-2014 06:37 PM

Grateful to go to bed at the end of another sober day, and it's the 21st day.

Rusty Zipper 09-20-2014 07:31 PM

grateful the lady we played at a benefit tonight shared the poem

"God puts people in our lives for reasons"

it was pretty teary eyed