SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   The Gratitude List (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/)
-   -   Thank You God ~ Part 16 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/341777-thank-you-god-part-16-a.html)

redwings12 09-03-2014 05:58 AM

Thank you God for these beautiful cool mornings and the change of the seasons. Your Power is amazing! Thank you God for the return of the school year and for the laughter of children as they begin a new chapter. Please bless them. Thank you God for strength and courage and for letting me be, me. Thank you for all your creations and your grace.

Fly N Buy 09-03-2014 08:38 AM

Lord,

Thank you for the gift of grace and the daily reprieve you alone give us all from this obsession of the mind......

It is well with my soul....

peace

grtgrandpa 09-04-2014 12:45 AM

Thank you God for my friend Ed whose funeral was yesterday.

He celebrated 92 years of life in April, and 57 years of recovery in August.

He knew Bill Wilson and brought humor and help to many who loved him in our home group. :ring

Rusty Zipper 09-04-2014 04:11 AM

RIP Ed

Astro 09-04-2014 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by redwings12 (Post 4876132)
Thank you God for these beautiful cool mornings and the change of the seasons. Your Power is amazing!

Amen! Afternoons in Phoenix are still hot but our blessedly cool mornings have returned and rain is on the way. Thank you God for relief from the heat.

Fly N Buy 09-04-2014 04:59 PM

By grace, I humbly thank you Lord for removing the obstacles that stand in my way of knowing you better. May I do thy will always ....

Astro 09-05-2014 05:55 AM

Thank you God for the courage to tackle something new and a chance to serve my place of worship a little further.

grtgrandpa 09-05-2014 06:07 AM

Thank you God for reminding me that I may be losing friends, but if I am still here than my mission is not complete. :ring

grtgrandpa 09-06-2014 01:18 AM

Thank you God for 28 years and 5 months of living sober today. :)

Astro 09-06-2014 06:46 AM

Thank you God, for helping me to see I might be on a slippery slope.

grtgrandpa 09-06-2014 09:39 PM

Thank you God for guiding me step by step 24/7. :tyou

Marjoram 09-07-2014 03:09 AM

Thank you God for noisy dogs at 2:20 a.m., for it means I can hear. Plus, if it weren't for them waking me up I wouldn't have seen that beautiful moon lighting up the countryside.

CristinaN 09-07-2014 07:14 AM

Thank you God for your Holy Spirit to help guide me down the right path.

Ipanema 09-07-2014 07:32 AM

Thank You God for all these Spiritual posts as I begin a new Chapter in my life. The surgery is over but need God's Guiding Hands and Light to comprehend the medical equipment process that allows me to walk. It has been mostly self-taught in what should have been a Seminar of instructions. Practicing Acceptance.

So sorry for your loss Grtgrandpa and your Mission is far from over in my opinion. You always seem to be speaking/writing of things I need to hear to start the day. You are a true blessing for me and praying you have many years left of "your human experience".

Thank you God that there is a gathering today with some family that will mean so much to me. My Daughter from Latvia needs support too as her teenage girl "S" is dealing with bullying at school She does have 2 friends that speak English and support her. I told my Daughter (also an "S") that I see a direct connect betweenincreased bullying in school and a loss of Spirituality (attending church, stressing leading a Spiritual life, embracing others not hurting them). I am 69 and the schools would never allow a bully to take over. I pray that families will grow stronger as they see the need to make sure their children have happy experiences that help alleviate the pain of bullying.

Thank to Anna from SR who instructed me to delete some "cookies" in order to now use my password to post on SR. I have only been lurking lately. Anna, you are the best!!!

Astro 09-07-2014 09:22 AM

Very good to see you, Ipanema!

Thank you God, for a road trip that included a side trip to an AA meeting to meet up with a dear friend. Lord, please offer comfort to Mike as he copes with his sister Pam's brain cancer.

grtgrandpa 09-08-2014 01:00 AM

Thank you God for my recovery, and Ippy's return from surgery, and her kind words. :)

Astro 09-08-2014 05:56 AM

Thank you God, for the gift of each day. I'm struggling with the thought that time is fleeting. Thank you God for helping me pay attention to the moments.

grtgrandpa 09-08-2014 09:42 PM

Thank you God for my great life and incredible wife who ignores my complaining about nothing. How important is it really? The quality of my problems today makes for no problems if I just leave it alone.

God loves me. How good is that? :scoregood

domedou 09-08-2014 10:36 PM

Thank all of you, for sharing. It helps!:c011:

Astro 09-09-2014 05:41 AM

Thank you God, for Your blanket of love, mercy, and grace.