SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   The Gratitude List (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/)
-   -   Morning Gratitude - Part 36 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/308961-morning-gratitude-part-36-a.html)

grtgrandpa 10-15-2013 12:36 AM

grateful for a goodnight of sober, restful sleep and the computer allowing me to post my gratitude. What is Thy Will for me today my Lord my God? I have the power to do it with the faith of a grain of mustard seed.

Ipanema 10-15-2013 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by EternalQ (Post 4208513)
Grateful to try and become a morning person. Because fhe sunrises are pretty and I have to leave an hour earlier for work. Lol Grateful for peace and quiet.

Grateful that this move will force me to deal with other aspects of my life, like a change in career and a sober social life.

Grateful I'm more excited then scared.

Thank you for your quote from Carlos Castenada...I need to see this every day. It wakes up my Strong side and quiets the other. Thanks!:You_Rock_P. S. Have a great day and best of luck on your new beginnings.

Ipanema 10-15-2013 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by courage2 (Post 4237694)
Grateful for 5 meetings in 6 days -- seems like I needed that.
Grateful for my life.

......congrats on your meetings...I can say I have never gone to too many meetings and never been to a bad meeting...there is always something I need to hear. Listening to myself instead of others is like trying to read a bad book...better to put it down and try a new one. Keep Coming Back It Works and thanks for sharing your experience, strength and hope.:You_Rock_

Regretter 10-15-2013 01:48 AM

I'm grateful for the few family members I have left I can still talk to. I'm grateful for being able to play my beautiful babies (guitars). I'm grateful for a forum where I can talk about my addictions without getting earache from half the membership. Over the last two days I destroyed all my growing equipment (thousands of pounds worth) and I'm grateful that I gained the balls to finally do it.

Finally I'm grateful that every day I can now find reasons to stay alive.

Hallelujah! :)

IWLSAST 10-15-2013 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by Regretter (Post 4239176)

Me too...five months ago I really didn't care if I lived...no, I actually wanted to die

Today I am grateful for the opportunity to enjoy life...just for today.

Rusty Zipper 10-15-2013 04:18 AM

welcome to the grat pack regg

grateful for alk'y seltzer-plus http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...otions/ill.gif

FBL 10-15-2013 04:22 AM

Grateful for another day sober.

Tamerua 10-15-2013 04:23 AM

I am grateful that I have my regular meeting right after work tonight and grateful I have something to look forward to.

Grateful for coffee.

grtgrandpa 10-15-2013 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by Regretter (Post 4239176)
I'm grateful for the few family members I have left I can still talk to. I'm grateful for being able to play my beautiful babies (guitars). I'm grateful for a forum where I can talk about my addictions without getting earache from half the membership. Over the last two days I destroyed all my growing equipment (thousands of pounds worth) and I'm grateful that I gained the balls to finally do it.

Hallelujah! :)

"You will not be punished for your anger, You will be punished by it"

glad/grateful that you are here

:tyou

DecBaby 10-15-2013 06:45 AM

Grateful for the good nights sleep I had even if I overslept a bit. It makes all the difference in starting a new day.

courage2 10-15-2013 07:13 AM

Grateful to be still above ground.

lyddie 10-15-2013 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Ipanema (Post 4239161)
Thank you for your quote from Carlos Castenada...I need to see this every day. It wakes up my Strong side and quiets the other. Thanks!:You_Rock_P. S. Have a great day and best of luck on your new beginnings.

Really grateful for Ipanema's thank you for EQ's Carlos Castenada's quote this morning. I took a moment to really read the quote and think Wow - how true. A good way to start the day. Thank you Ipanema and EQ!

Renarde 10-15-2013 11:17 AM

I'm grateful for 7 weeks sober today! It's probably been 15 years since I've gone that long!

Regretter 10-15-2013 11:24 AM

I'm grateful for all of you.

Even though most of us haven't spoken yet, and we don't really know each other, when I read your posts across the forum and get a tiny glimpse into your lives, you bring me smiles, sorrow, laughter, joy & tears where otherwise none would have existed.

Thank-you.

:grouphug:

Marcher13 10-15-2013 03:30 PM

Grateful that my thirstiness this morning is just plain old thirstiness.
Grateful that I did all my "before work" stuff before work.
Grateful that I am getting my life and household back in good order.

nogard 10-15-2013 03:47 PM

Grateful I know that I am not feeling grateful and feel grateful anyway even though I am not feeling grateful but I am, you see?!

Ipanema 10-15-2013 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by nogard (Post 4240313)
Grateful I know that I am not feeling grateful and feel grateful anyway even though I am not feeling grateful but I am, you see?!

Yes, I get this so much. We are all so different and so much the same in many ways. Thanks for your Honesty. You put in writing what I was unable to define. Some people don't really like slogans but one of my favorites that might apply to your quote is: "It's Okay Not To Drink"....God Bless

IWLSAST 10-16-2013 03:21 AM

today I am grateful for:
  • the warm re-welcome I felt returning to this grat-pak thread, ((courage))
  • morning coffee, just a bit more than usual as I gave it up at evening meetings
  • a slight reduction in my sweets cravings
  • the promise of a productive day
  • planning a business trip that will have me spending a day with my youngest and a bit over 100,000 others at a football game at her college soon

Rusty Zipper 10-16-2013 03:25 AM

grateful for restarts

EternalQ 10-16-2013 03:26 AM

Good morning.
Grateful I slept through for seven hours straight. A rare feat.
Grateful to be up before the sun.
Grateful to not drink and to stop all the alcoholic ruin in my life.

FBL 10-16-2013 04:31 AM

Grateful to see the Halloween avis start popping up. Next to Christmas, it's my favorite holiday!

Grateful for another day sober.

DecBaby 10-16-2013 05:00 AM

Grateful to be early enjoying my coffee and getting some things done before work.

courage2 10-16-2013 05:02 AM

Grateful that I'm not young anymore!
Grateful to know where I'm going in Brooklyn this a.m.
Grateful that I don't have to ride the subways every day -- or go to Brooklyn (sorry, fans).

Ipanema 10-16-2013 05:31 AM

Gratitude

Grateful For:
My car to get me to two Dr. appointments today that are far from home...
My SS check that posted to my account today....
My CD Player in my car to listen to on the drives, in between news on Shutdown
SR site and people on it that help me get centered in AM and HP's connection:tyou:tyou
My friend's daughter who is taking an exam for Real Estate and praying 4 her
Grateful for Sobriety today and my striving for Integrity in all I say and do
Grateful for the AA Meeting I will attended tonight after a nap
Grateful for my cat who is so loving unconditionally, even after I have to yell at her to get off, TV stand, bookshelves, floor dried flowered arrangements, stay out of cupboards she can open, which all drive me nuts (in a good way)
Grateful for the knowledge that I am driving sober and not putting people in danger...big difference during drinking and driving in the past
Grateful and hopeful that Congress gets the shutdown passed and people get their jobs back
Grateful for anyone who reads this, long as it is. I guess I had much to say.

Marcher13 10-16-2013 04:50 PM

Grateful for my beloved little curly dog curled up at my feet.
Grateful that, when I come looking for the gratitude threads at each end of the day, the opposite one is at the top of the forum in a comforting never ending cycle.
Grateful for opportunities to learn new things.

Ipanema 10-16-2013 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 4207858)
:day Quinne!!!!

Hope you have a lovely day. ♥

Love V xx

Happy Birthday and the card is just too cute!!!!!!:herewego

venuscat 10-16-2013 11:04 PM

Grateful to hear Gracie's good news ~
Grateful that lovely little boy has such a wonderful woman to raise him. ♥

(yes, crossing threads from bedtime grats, but thought you might be getting up soon Gracie love)

Love V xx

Rusty Zipper 10-17-2013 03:20 AM

grateful to be looking at a potential estate sale this morning

and more grateful for no expectations

Tamerua 10-17-2013 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by courage2 (Post 4239520)
Grateful to be still above ground.

A year ago, I'm not sure I would have agreed! Grateful to have changed my outlook on life!

Grateful for a partner who listens to my crazy venting.

Grateful for pumpkin spice coffee!

DecBaby 10-17-2013 04:12 AM

Grateful to remember the word acceptance and the Serenity prayer.

Grateful to remember to try and stay in the moment and not drift to the past or future.