SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   The Gratitude List (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/)
-   -   Morning Gratitude Part 32 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/285457-morning-gratitude-part-32-a.html)

Poppyhead 02-27-2013 07:12 AM

I am grateful for the breathe in my lungs
I am grateful for my cats
I am grateful for my house
I am grateful for my husband
I am grateful that my 7 boys are brats
I am grateful for the grateful list
I am grateful that I'm not taking a dirt nap!

Pataphor 02-27-2013 09:54 AM

I am grateful for the contentment I felt this morning making a cabbage pork stew with NPR on in the background and my dog Jackson waiting patiently for scraps...short but sweet feeling.

JBird100 02-27-2013 11:08 AM

My 5 item gratitude list.

I'm grateful that I got a 4 mile run in.
I'm grateful that my dog likes to go with me.
I'm grateful that I'm moving out of this dump of a city.
I'm grateful that my boyfriend is so supportive.
I'm grateful I haven't lost everything that I still have some friends and family.

There's my 5 for the day. This is a good practice.

Rosie199 02-27-2013 11:51 AM

I'm grateful that I woke up to Day 3 to find my two sweet cats sleeping next to me. I'm grateful that I was sober to recognize their unconditional love despite finding them annoying every morning I was hungover.

Rusty Zipper 02-28-2013 04:28 AM

grateful for my spiritual vault

Grace2 02-28-2013 04:47 AM

This morning I'm just grateful, I'm always grateful these days.

newby1961 02-28-2013 05:09 AM

Grateful for less drama.

courage2 02-28-2013 05:30 AM

Grateful for having gotten one of the many pieces of wreckage of my former life cleaned up.
Grateful that a colleague said she liked working with me.
Grateful that my sponsor "suggested" I greet at yesterday's meeting.
Grateful that my former state is still fresh in my mind.

EternalQ 02-28-2013 06:26 AM

Grateful I am drinking my chai latter coffee while my dog chomps his food and the BBC discusses the news on my morning off. I am grateful I got the trash out before the garbage truck came. I am grateful the antique / vintage store a few blocks from me is having a 40% off sale that I plan on checking out later. Grateful some of my plants are doing well enough that i now need bigger pots to transplant them into...

When I drank, I ran out of clean coffee cups (let alone coffee), the dog ran out of food, the radio hurt my pounding head, the news was just another reason to drink, I stopped paying the trash pick up service and the bags of trash were thrown in a heap on the back deck (no lie) for months, the plants died, that antique store is a block from my liquor store and was another reason to load up on vodka... I never let myself run out of alcohol for fear of withdrawal despite the ruin around me.

I am SO grateful to remember what it was like then. :thanks

lyddie 02-28-2013 06:51 AM

Grateful that I am doing pretty good on working through my personal to do list for the week. Life is not overwhelming at this moment.

PreciousKitty 02-28-2013 07:55 AM

I am grateful that I made it through Day ONE!

Poppyhead 02-28-2013 09:01 AM

I am grateful that I am still a pain in the ass because as long as I am a pain in the ass it means I'm still alive.

Whatsit 02-28-2013 10:11 AM

Grateful for what I have learned, and the freedom that comes with accepting the lessons.

EternalQ 02-28-2013 11:56 PM

Grateful that SR and BBC are here when I can't sleep.

Grateful for the days when I feel like I am not making any headway. Because those days force me to work at not judging myself and beating myself up. I start to do that... and I have to make myself stop. Then I have to stay in that uncomfortable place of not meeting my expectations but not feeling ashamed by that. Very tough spot. But if I can sit with that spot, then maybe I can detach enough to either re evaluate my expectations or to look at what self defeating maneuver I am using to hold myself back. And do all that while still maintaining some self esteem. Quite the trick. Lol

Grateful if I don't go backward then I will eventually go forward.

Grateful that after cutting my antidepressant down a third, about two weeks now, I am getting used to it and am coping and concentrating OK, just with more effort. Grateful to adjust and also help lower my blood pressure in the process.

baddog1970 03-01-2013 12:26 AM

i am grateful for 89 days without a drink
im grateful that i met friends last night in a pub and didnt drink
im grateful that i didnt drink and say something offensive
im grateful that i woke up with a clear head ready for the day.
im grateful that i didnt wake up wondering what i might have done

Rusty Zipper 03-01-2013 03:02 AM

grateful that i didnt wake up knowing what i have done! :e136:

Fandy 03-01-2013 03:23 AM

Huh?
Grateful for solid sleep and a day off to drive down to barrier island to visit my daughter.

Randy4171 03-01-2013 03:26 AM

I am on Day 3 of being sober I'm grateful for today

EternalQ 03-01-2013 04:53 AM

Grateful I am having coffee and an English Muffin at home before work. I usually don't have coffee and food till I get to work.

Grateful for casual Fridays.

Grateful for sobriety and no headaches in the morning. No questionable texts, bad behavior, broken glass I didnt clean up, no running out of clean socks and underwear, no avoiding creditors calls....

Thank you God from saving me from the living hell of alcoholism.

courage2 03-01-2013 05:15 AM

Grateful that my dream about drinking wasn't real.
Grateful for March.
Grateful that I was able to tell someone from my drinking days "goodbye" yesterday and mean it.