SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   The Gratitude List (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/)
-   -   Morning Gratitude Part 31 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/280747-morning-gratitude-part-31-a.html)

EternalQ 01-27-2013 07:16 AM

Grateful for a nice article about a family member in the local paper..
Grateful I cried in the Dublin Donuts where I bought and read it.
Grateful for family.

Jen31 01-27-2013 07:21 AM

Grateful for a new day & fresh start.
Grateful for my daughter.
Grateful for a husband who works hard so I can stay home with my daughter.
Grateful for a forgiving God.

escapist 01-27-2013 07:27 AM

Grateful for optimism. I am facing a challenging day today. How do I get through this? I don't know but as of now my only strategy is to hold on to my hope

bigsombrero 01-27-2013 07:31 AM

Grateful for the Big Bang and the evolutionary process that took billions of years to get me here. Proud to be a citizen of the universe!

expenguin 01-27-2013 07:56 AM

Grateful for the Hugs I get here......
Grateful for life
Grateful for just being alive today...
Grateful for the sunrise
Grateful for the slow walks I can take...
Grateful for my cat and dog as I put them out with treats in the morning...they expect them and hang out .... with love from me.... Wow.

Panacea 01-27-2013 11:49 AM

A little late this morning in posting...but, I am very grateful for @ 10.5 hourse of sleep, for exercise, dog walks, insanely happy cats in the morning, and for feeling fairly good today.

- Pan

stepping 01-27-2013 11:53 AM

Grateful I feel better than yesterday and almost back human & am praying to be recovered by tomorrow when a visitor arrives.
Grateful to be able to sleep in; I guess my body wanted it.
Grateful for another relaxing day to take it easy and heal!
Greateful for God.
Grateful for after today will be 50 days sober by the grace of Him :)

Quinne 01-27-2013 02:04 PM

Grateful that the meaning of "experience, strength and hope" was taken to a deeper level last night.

I gave a close family member a copy of the (little) Big Book on saturday and highlighted "More about alcoholism" and "The family afterward". I know this person has had the "Am I? Aren't I?" conversation with himself on many an occasion and has been asking questions about what it means to me to be alcoholic.

Knowing him extremely well, I had a hunch he'd read the book from the beginning, and he did :)

He called last night and said "I read the first three chapters. Then something was niggling and I felt compelled to read other people's stories. I identify. My drinking story is longer than I ever thought it was, or believed it to be. I thought I picked up over the course of the 5 years you were extremely sick for as a means of coping. I know now it was an excuse. I thought I was setting an example to you by putting the drink down. I had the revelation today that I am alcoholic."

We spoke for about half an hour and he'd already looked into meetings in his area. I shared what I knew of the fellowship and that he has the opportunity to live in the solution, just like I am. It makes me hopeful that he is starting a happier life.

It's giving me chills, putting a lump in my throat and making me teary thinking about it!

Had I been in throes of active alcoholism, this is something that never would've happened. He might've found the fellowship of his own accord, but we never, never, ever would've had THAT conversation. I texted him this morning saying that it was the most meaningful conversation i'd had with him and that I love him :)

Also damn grateful for 8 consecutive months of sobriety :)

YouWillBe 01-27-2013 02:26 PM

I'm grateful that I didn't freak out that my daughter is in jail yet again. Or, since being kicked out of the place she was staying, that she will be homeless when she is released...again.

And I'm grateful that, so far, she's not contacted us from jail, like she always has in the past. (I found out from her ex bf.)

I'm sad and disappointed, and it hurts my heart, but I'm not freaked out. That's a little progress on my part.

least 01-27-2013 11:28 PM

Altho I don't like waking up out of a sound sleep for no reason, as always I'm grateful I'm not waking up due to being in the throes of withdrawal.:) I'm also grateful to be living in a warm house with food in the fridge and my dogs and cats here to love.:)

Also grateful that SR is here at any time of the day or night. I feel like I'm never alone. :grouphug:

least 01-27-2013 11:34 PM

double post - my internet is screwing up again...

Miggie 01-27-2013 11:58 PM

I am grateful because I know all prayers are heard

Fandy 01-28-2013 01:58 AM

Grateful for less anxiety and more peace at work...we might see a glimpse of harmony one day.
Grateful for my walls, they serve a purpose.
Grateful for finding the nylon mesh stylus, it works 10x better than the rubber tip......smooooth, like my coffee.
Grateful my commute to work is short, ice, snow here.

Grace2 01-28-2013 02:48 AM

This morning I am grateful for having a relaxed week end.

I am grateful that the snow has melted and that I didn't have to drive through inches of snow to get to work.

I am grateful that I saw my first spring flower in my garden this morning, a yellow crocus, yellow for peace!

Rusty Zipper 01-28-2013 04:05 AM

grateful the four-horseman are out riding on someone elses back

LDT 01-28-2013 04:29 AM

Grateful for sobriety, as I deal with difficult family-of-origin issues.

Grateful that the generational cycle of abuse, anger, and hostility ( insanity?) has been broken by my sister and me. It stops with us. No more.

newby1961 01-28-2013 04:49 AM

Grateful today is Monday so I can take poor Princess back to the vets.

EternalQ 01-28-2013 05:13 AM

Grateful that I am going to take my time going to work, new boss be darned. It is icey rain and snow here. She has us at a mandatory staff meeting starting at 5:30 tonight and I hope she cancels that.

Grateful my back is a bit improved since yesterday as I hardly functioned yesterday.

Grateful for venting and grateful for restraint.

Grateful that This Too Shall Pass.

Pondlady 01-28-2013 05:31 AM

Grateful for good friends who make me laugh!

HappyDestiny3 01-28-2013 05:48 AM

Grateful to awake :)

Grateful to be able to reflect on the 12 step weekend for much time to come. :)

Grateful to be on my way to see my gf, I have missed her very much.. :)

See ya later alligator. :)