SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   update (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/256745-update.html)

steve1840 05-14-2012 01:13 PM

update

i havent been around in a while. i actually felt that being here too much was hindering me. i cant explain it. but through some deep soul searching and me wavering up and down and there being more down in that wavering, i have found myself in a 12 step program suited for me. i could probably be in at least 4 different ones, but i am in the one that will hopefully get me out of the chains i have put around me my whole life.

as for my gf. she got her 90 day chip last week. i went down to see her and she is doing amazingly well. she has her ups and downs, has fallen from a pink cloud but is not wavering on her commitment to the program. i feel i witnessed a miracle. she is committed to fixing herself as i am for me. we acknowledge that we love each other in a deep and spiritual way, but that we both have things to fix and with the grace of god things will work out.

Chino 05-14-2012 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by steve1840 (Post 3401463)
i have found myself in a 12 step program suited for me.

Hallelujah!

I'm glad hanging out here was a hindrance. It kept you from actually doing anything ;)

zoso77 05-14-2012 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by steve1840 (Post 3401463)
i havent been around in a while. i actually felt that being here too much was hindering me. i cant explain it. but through some deep soul searching and me wavering up and down and there being more down in that wavering, i have found myself in a 12 step program suited for me. i could probably be in at least 4 different ones, but i am in the one that will hopefully get me out of the chains i have put around me my whole life.

as for my gf. she got her 90 day chip last week. i went down to see her and she is doing amazingly well. she has her ups and downs, has fallen from a pink cloud but is not wavering on her commitment to the program. i feel i witnessed a miracle. she is committed to fixing herself as i am for me. we acknowledge that we love each other in a deep and spiritual way, but that we both have things to fix and with the grace of god things will work out.

Glad to hear you're doing OK. Ping me when you get a chance.

Your Fellow Zeppelin Freak,
ZoSo

crazybabie 05-14-2012 02:28 PM

Hi was wondering where you were Steve, I am glad things are better and that you have found a program that fits you.

Impurrfect 05-14-2012 06:01 PM

(((Steve))) - I'm so glad to hear that you are taking care of YOU, and she is taking care of HER.

I still slip and slide into codie-land, but I come here, get re-grounded and it's a good thing.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy

tbeit 05-15-2012 04:19 AM

Good for you Steve. Its all about baby steps I was stuck in a simular situation for years. I will keep both of you in my thoughts

Kindeyes 05-15-2012 06:00 AM

That's great news Steve. You will both be in my prayers.

gentle hugs
ke

kiki5711 05-15-2012 06:13 AM

:ghug3:ghug3:ghug3I guess you were right to stick by her. I hope you both make it together!

lesliej 05-15-2012 06:23 AM

Gf?