update

Old 05-14-2012, 01:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

update

i havent been around in a while. i actually felt that being here too much was hindering me. i cant explain it. but through some deep soul searching and me wavering up and down and there being more down in that wavering, i have found myself in a 12 step program suited for me. i could probably be in at least 4 different ones, but i am in the one that will hopefully get me out of the chains i have put around me my whole life.

as for my gf. she got her 90 day chip last week. i went down to see her and she is doing amazingly well. she has her ups and downs, has fallen from a pink cloud but is not wavering on her commitment to the program. i feel i witnessed a miracle. she is committed to fixing herself as i am for me. we acknowledge that we love each other in a deep and spiritual way, but that we both have things to fix and with the grace of god things will work out.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by steve1840 View Post
i have found myself in a 12 step program suited for me.
Hallelujah!

I'm glad hanging out here was a hindrance. It kept you from actually doing anything
Old 05-14-2012, 02:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Originally Posted by steve1840 View Post
i havent been around in a while. i actually felt that being here too much was hindering me. i cant explain it. but through some deep soul searching and me wavering up and down and there being more down in that wavering, i have found myself in a 12 step program suited for me. i could probably be in at least 4 different ones, but i am in the one that will hopefully get me out of the chains i have put around me my whole life.

as for my gf. she got her 90 day chip last week. i went down to see her and she is doing amazingly well. she has her ups and downs, has fallen from a pink cloud but is not wavering on her commitment to the program. i feel i witnessed a miracle. she is committed to fixing herself as i am for me. we acknowledge that we love each other in a deep and spiritual way, but that we both have things to fix and with the grace of god things will work out.
Glad to hear you're doing OK. Ping me when you get a chance.

Your Fellow Zeppelin Freak,
ZoSo
Old 05-14-2012, 02:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi was wondering where you were Steve, I am glad things are better and that you have found a program that fits you.
Old 05-14-2012, 06:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(((Steve))) - I'm so glad to hear that you are taking care of YOU, and she is taking care of HER.

I still slip and slide into codie-land, but I come here, get re-grounded and it's a good thing.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 05-15-2012, 04:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good for you Steve. Its all about baby steps I was stuck in a simular situation for years. I will keep both of you in my thoughts
Old 05-15-2012, 06:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

That's great news Steve. You will both be in my prayers.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 05-15-2012, 06:13 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

:ghug3:ghug3:ghug3I guess you were right to stick by her. I hope you both make it together!
Old 05-15-2012, 06:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Gf?