SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   Lost my oldest canine companion last night. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/252919-lost-my-oldest-canine-companion-last-night.html)

dollydo 03-31-2012 11:28 AM

So very sorry, she has not left you, she is watching over you from above, she has earned her wings. Such a difficult decision, one that I thought I might have to make myself this week, my 18 yo had to be rushed to the ER, had surgery and is now back home...weak and woobly but functioning.

I am here if you need to talk.

Your friend....Dolly

Ilovemysonjj 03-31-2012 11:35 AM

So sorry Freedom, I have a 12 year old black lab who is the light of my life. Losing our fur babies is very sad and just know she will always love you. Beautiful Shiloh
Love
Teresa

ownedbypugs 03-31-2012 11:39 AM

I am so sorry. She was beautiful!

Ann 03-31-2012 11:59 AM

I am so sorry, DeVon, I know how my heart broke when I had to say good-bye to my Toby. :hug:

I think God sends these furry loved ones to grab our hearts, exactly when we need their love. I know Toby was with me through all my dark days and rejoiced with me when I came to life again. Miss Shiloh knows how you loved her too and one day the tears you shed today will again become smiles of all the love and good memories. It just hurts a lot right now.

I hope my Toby watches for Miss Shiloh, Toby always loved dogs, I think he thought he was one. They'd be quite a pair, those two loved babies.

Hugs

cece1960 03-31-2012 12:05 PM

I'm sorry (((Freedom)))
I had to make the same choice about this time last year. I know it's very hard.

laurie6781 03-31-2012 01:36 PM

I am so sorry (((((Devon)))))

I know you know she will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge when you too get there.

You and I will both be "Pied Pipers" when we hit the Bridge and we see how many of our dearest fur kids come to meet us.

Rainbow Bridge (Death of a Pet)

Author: unknown

There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth.
It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of all its beautiful colors.
Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge there is a land of meadows,
hills and valleys with lush green grass.

When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place.
There is always food and water and warm spring weather.
The old and frail animals are young again.
Those who were sick, hurt or in pain are made whole again.

There is only one thing missing,
they are not with their special person who loved them so much on earth.
So each day they run and play until the day comes
when one suddenly stops playing and looks up!

The nose twitches! The ears are up!
The eyes are staring and this one runs from the group!
You have been seen and when you and your special friend meet,
you take him in your arms and hug him.
He licks and kisses your face again and again -
and you look once more into the eyes of your best friend and trusting
pet.
Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together never again to be apart.
Prayers and good thought sent your way.

You know my number if you need to talk.

Lots of love and bunches of hugs,

Fandy 03-31-2012 01:54 PM

i'm so sorry. you know you did what was best for her and most painful for you. i know you gave her the best and she knew it too.

EJG123 03-31-2012 02:18 PM

Sorry Freedom. She has an angel's face.

faithfully 03-31-2012 02:27 PM

I am truly sorry about your loss and I know how much it hurts and I have lost 3 dogs in my life and I still think of them and love them with all my heart. We never stop missing them but I am so grateful that they were in my life.

Dee74 03-31-2012 02:33 PM

I'm sorry for your loss (((D)))

D

bluebelle 03-31-2012 02:34 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss. I have had to make that decision before, and it always a difficult one. It is a great gift of love. Peace be with you.

Heartbroken0608 03-31-2012 02:56 PM

Very sorry for your loss Freedom.

Hollyanne 03-31-2012 04:03 PM

Very sorry for your loss Freedom.
How are the others?
Do they miss her? Nothing like those pets.
My mother's dog, Holly, is getting old. I wish pets would live as long as their humans.
Anne:ws_flower

Hevyn 03-31-2012 04:46 PM

DeVon, I've been looking at Miss Shiloh's picture for years now. I'm so sorry she had to leave us. All your babies are adorable, and very lucky to be in the hands of someone so caring. I'm sure you'll see her again.

Freedom1990 03-31-2012 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Hollyanne (Post 3343260)
How are the others?
Do they miss her? Nothing like those pets.

Thanks for asking. Everyone knows because they were all sniffing her yesterday before we left for the vet's. :(

Things tend to be more subdued in the days afterwards.

My grandson (11) was especially tender and attentive to her when he's been at my house for the weekend. I know he will miss her very much too.

I'm going to concentrate on the joy of my greyhound's 12th birthday tomorrow. Got fixings for strawberry shortcake and whipped cream in a can!

dollydo 03-31-2012 05:14 PM

When one door closes another opens, enjoy tomorrow...you and your other furry friends are in my thoughts.

Zoenob 03-31-2012 05:41 PM

I am so very sorry. You are in my thoughts. She was quite a handsome girl!

Scolova 03-31-2012 06:32 PM

I know the pain, wish you the best moving on.