SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   AS Ran Again (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/173598-ran-again.html)

Impurrfect 04-14-2009 01:05 AM

(((Winnie))) Don't stay up too late...get some rest. You'll need it to put up with his whining:)

((Chino))) - thanks, sweetie, for putting out the word. I am SO glad I saved your number in my phone:)

This was one of those days when I was reminded of how grateful I am for my family here at SR. No matter what happens, we never have to go through anything alone.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

winnie12 04-14-2009 03:20 AM

oh goodness i dont know if its the stress or the caffeine or the stress but i laid down and there was no way i was going to sleep - sometimes it just happens when i'm up late. so i got my work done and i'm going to go ahead and go back down and take a nap there. i'm sure he'll be sleeping as much as possible today and that way i'll be there when the doc gets there (and can hear her yell at him).

Seren 04-14-2009 03:35 AM

Oh Winnie! I can't imagine the exhaustion and the flood of emotions. Good luck today!! I hope that all of his tests come back OK and that you can get some sleep!!

Hugs, HG

MyJoey 04-14-2009 04:12 AM

(((Winnie)))

I feel so bad for you, what a long week it has been. You have been so strong and we all know how worried you were/are. I am so glad he turned himself in and now he is getting the treatment he needs. Lets just hope he learned something from all this. One day he will make you proud and understand all you have put up with.

JMFburns 04-14-2009 06:05 AM

Glad to hear he is now being taken care of and also that he will have to face the consequences of his actions. I pray that you can find serenity and peace of mind through the next few days.

liesagain 04-14-2009 06:13 AM

take care winnie

Serenity Bound 04-14-2009 06:30 AM

winnie, even when we are physically & emotionally spent, sometimes sleep just does not come. hoping you can get some rest today, maybe while he's sleeping.

I'm so happy that he turned himself in, perhaps this is all part of HP's plan, perhaps this time AS will "get it" I pray that this is so.

Hugs,
Chris

outtolunch 04-14-2009 07:35 AM

Given he's a known flight risk, can he be ankle-cuffed while he remains in the hospital, as he was while in your home, over the holidays?

Callie 04-14-2009 07:52 AM

I agree with out - it shouldn't be your job to stay by his side when he's off iv's - you've been through enough.

Marlie 04-14-2009 08:22 AM

I am happy he is back and getting medical treatment. Hang in there Winnie!

NeedingHelp7 04-14-2009 08:31 AM

Winnie, I'm thankful to hear he's turned himself in. And I hope you are getting some good rest. I know this has been exhausting.

Praying for strength for you and son to get through the days ahead.:praying.

NH7

Freedom1990 04-14-2009 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by outtolunch (Post 2192588)
Given he's a known flight risk, can he be ankle-cuffed while he remains in the hospital, as he was while in your home, over the holidays?

I'm a little confused too as to why it's Winnie's job to keep him from running again?

dslalonde 04-14-2009 08:47 AM

Winnie,
What can I say. I have anxiously waited to hear this. He is safe, he made it! I know the relief you feel right now. Anything is possible now. No matter what you will have to face is nothing compared to the fear you have felt the last week. I cried when i read your post. Please hug him for me and hold him for a moment and take his scent in and love him. Keeping your strength up is almost impossible. you are on overdrive. The time will come for your rest. Trust your instincts as a mother.. Hugs Winnie.
Susan

Freedom1990 04-14-2009 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by cynical one (Post 2192662)
I was wondering the same thing. Could they not cuff him to the bed, or post a guard? Or better yet...chain him to anvilhead...naw...that would be too harsh.

Now that I would buy tickets for the best seat in the house! :lmao

SistersHelp 04-14-2009 09:15 AM

I agree with the posters above! Winnie, what can you if he tries to run anyway? Nothing that the hospital staff can't do, like calling the police! Silly, making you sit by his side to ensure he doesn't run.

Well, maybe after the week you've had, you want to sit with him awhile. Just don't kill him, okay? ;)

I'm keeping up the positive wishes for some good test results and hoping your son hasn't done himself any lasting damage. I'm also hoping this experience was at least as scary for him as it was for you (and more so!) in hopes it could open his eyes to the real need for recovery.

Although jail is a sad conclusion to this story, at least you'll know he's not going to disappear again, he is going to get fed & bed, and he will get his medication.

And boy, do you ever deserve some sleep.

I hope it comes soon.

*big hugs*

Chino 04-14-2009 11:03 AM

Amy, I'm so glad you saved my number too, and really glad I was at home to get online. I was about to bust at the seams in the few minutes it took to post, it was too much to hold in and I know you were feeling it x10!

winnie, I wish I could send you the harmonious melody my wind chimes are playing right now. Or one of those awesome wave sound machines as you drift into blessed sleep...

Serenity Bound 04-14-2009 11:24 AM

Amy & Chino, I'm so thankful you were both available to get the news to us. I had just popped online to check and had tears in my eyes as I read the good news.

winnie, hoping you're getting a little rest today, I too don't understand why you have to be the guard. However, I can understand why you would WANT to be there.

Hugs,
Chris

rayofsunshine 04-14-2009 12:06 PM

Winnie... sending prayers of strength for you to get through the days ahead and
rest for the times you can. And, prayers for your son.