SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   Well Lookie At Where Life Led Me (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/146011-well-lookie-where-life-led-me.html)

sleepygoat 03-14-2008 11:33 PM

Things sound like they really fell in place - must be exactly what your Higher Power had in mind. Congratulations!

Spiritual Seeker 03-15-2008 12:41 AM

Sounds like a perfect fit for now. Way to go !

ctrom40 03-15-2008 05:53 AM

Ann,

Congratulations!!!!

:bday8

How cool, you have "re-invented yourself".
They are very lucky to have you.

God Bless,
Colleen

:Val004:

Impurrfect 03-15-2008 05:58 AM

(((Ann)))

That is awesome!! They DO have a prize in you....keep the steel-toed bunny slippers in case they don't realize it!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

Serenity_Seeker 03-15-2008 06:38 AM

My job is as Business Manager, which means I take care of the finances and business of running the place. I'm not, nor do I want to be a counselor,

Well, you know, Ann....that position was just merely the old ,foot-in-the-door, part of the PLAN!

You do not need a "title" to counsel....

look at this forum....

just a conversation with you is filled with compassion, awesome advice and inspiration! That is what you carry to ANY station-of-your-life.

The staff and residents will benefit, in everyway, with you being guided to their door.....

Love you, Ann!
Lena

liesagain 03-15-2008 06:56 AM

wow Ann Congrats!!! I am happy for you and really think they / the recovery house are lucky to have you!!!

bookmiser 03-15-2008 07:30 AM

Ann,

I'm so very happy for you. I knew from my beginning here (Oct. 2005) that
your recovery skills were inspiring and awesome.
If anyone deserves this honor, it's you. Congratulations, sweetie.
May you reap great happiness, rewards, and serenity for all that you do.
You rock!
Love and light to you,
Linda
In honor of your achievements....http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...iser/crown.gifWear it proudly!!!!!!!!!!

devastated 03-15-2008 09:39 AM

Hi Ann

I am so happy for you and for them as well. My goodness who could be more perfect for this position, but you! You said how grateful you are for this job, but if the truth be known, I'll bet they are even more grateful than you are.

How often do you find someone that fits all the requirements? Look at what you are bringing to the table. You are bringing years of experience, as well as compassion, hope, inspiration, kindness, understanding.

How lucky those Moms are that call looking for guidance and get a chance to talk to Ann. How many times I would have loved to have had someone to talk to that was as wonderful and as understanding as you.

God is so good to us isn't He? He really does work in mysterious ways.

I am so happy for you. No one deserves more happiness than you.

I think of you all the time. I'll always remember how much you helped me with your knowledge and humour. You are the best Ann, and you deserve the best. You are always in my prayers.

Hugs, Devastated

Josie 03-15-2008 11:17 AM

Ditto to what Dev said!! Congratulations!

Chino 03-15-2008 12:33 PM

Congrats to you! I'm so glad I opened this thread!

Originally Posted by Ann (Post 1707824)
Coincidence really IS God's way of remaining anonymous.

That was beautiful. So many times we struggle with "why me" before finally saying "why not me". Life gave you some lemons and now you're making lemonade. You just had to be open enough to see the possibility.

I'm going to be thinking about your words and the inspiration found therein, for quite a while. Thank you!

Jewelz 03-15-2008 01:10 PM

Ann that is wonderful kinda reminds me of pay it forward. I am happy that you are happy and I am sure you offer a lot to the program.

hugs,
Jewelz

devastated 03-15-2008 01:38 PM

I Forgot to Add

Who Else But Ann could find such beautiful "Mother of the Bride" and "Wedding Guests" dresses to wear for our favorite JAIL HOUSE WEDDINGS???

ANSWER: NO ONE BUT AUNTIE ANN!!!

I mean even though we didn't get the chance to show them off, who knows what the future holds. LOL

Hugs, Devastated

lil516 03-15-2008 07:27 PM

:bbj:Congratulations on your new position!!

It certainly sounds like a perfect "match"

sweetpea40 03-15-2008 08:16 PM

Wonderful!! God works in Mysterious ways:ghug
They are so Blessed to have someone like you!
God Bless and Prayers,
Machele

CatsPajamas 03-15-2008 09:01 PM

OH Ann,

Isn't it wonderful when things work out like that? This is proof once again that our HP often has something much grander in store for us than we could ever dream up for ourselves.

I am so happy for you, and for the people in the house too. This is a great match for everyone!

Big hugs
Cats

Cupicake 03-15-2008 09:56 PM

But of course Ann...I can't think of a better person for the job. Congratulations on finding something that adds to your happiness. Sometimes the best things that enter our life are the ones that "fall into our laps" sort of speak.
You always inspire me to do what is best for me and what makes me happy.

Ann 03-16-2008 05:42 AM

I just love you all big time :a194:

My life is filled with so many blessings today, probably always has been but I was just to preoccupied to notice.

Today I am grateful for God's strangely wrapped gifts, for "coincidences" and for doors that open when I am not even looking. What a strange and wonderful journey recovery is, and what wonderful people I have walking with me all the way.

You guys are the best gifts ever :Val004:

devastated 03-16-2008 11:11 AM

Ann

Incidentally, Ann, did I mention how perceptive you are? LOL

"and what wonderful people I have walking with me all the way."

Hugs, Devastated

Ann 03-16-2008 01:37 PM

Dev, you are among the MOST wonderful walkers. I could always pick you out because we were wearing our "Prison Wedding" dresses and almost looked like sisters.

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/1...resses5gx4.jpg

nytepassion 03-16-2008 03:46 PM

What wonderful news!!!! I am so very happy for you!!!!

(((hugs)))
Passion