SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   lunch boxes and dinner menu (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/118806-lunch-boxes-dinner-menu.html)

fleaSha 03-20-2007 12:27 PM

gee thanks... this is why I can't read through these posts! now I'm even hungry-er. I want that pizza recipe, too... and i'll take your stand mixer. :09: jk

teke 03-20-2007 12:41 PM

you guys got me thinking about homemade pizza, haven't made that in yrs. gotta go to the store in a littl while and and you guys got me thinking about cooking. i don't like to cook, had so many children, i had to cook.

cinderellawkids 03-20-2007 12:45 PM

Teke, you sound like my MIL. SHe raised 6 kids. always cooked. Cooks awesome. LAst week me, Ah and BIL were talking about our favorite meals of hers she got the most disgusted look on her face. The next day we were there and she had individually bagged amounts of ingredients for on \e of her specialties and carefully written out recipe. She ahnded it to my AH and said here go home and fix your family this.

We laughed, but we together mixed and preparedthe meal.

kj0975 03-20-2007 02:00 PM

Well I and I'm positive fiance is happy to announce we are going out to eat!!! He knows I cant cook 2 good meals in a row :) so that was it for the week for me. Stay tuned to next mondays episode of As the kitchen turns! Mondays are the only day's I cook! Most times its pizza and wings!

katwomankc 03-20-2007 02:33 PM

Ok You All Are Making Me Hungryyyyyy... Everything Sounds Really Delicious. I Am Making For Dinner Tonite, My Hubbys Favorite Meal. Pork Chops, Mashed Potatoes, Corn. But I Love Making Tacos Too, And I Make Great Enchiladas. Never Buy Store Bought Taco Shells. Make My Own. Thank You All And I Am Kimmie A Grateful Recovering Addict Who Is Starving...lol

kj0975 03-20-2007 02:40 PM

Anvil u confused me lol my name is Kim and I was like wait my cooking made u that hungry I knew it wasnt true. Now, french dips please go on....... Are these made with steakums cause I can do those!

katwomankc 03-20-2007 02:42 PM

Oh I Wanted To Say That For Mashed Potatoes If You Cook Them With The Skins On They Dont Over Cook.

katwomankc 03-20-2007 02:43 PM

Lots Of Laughs Anvil. Dinner Will Be At Six. And I Will Make Gravie
Lol

kj0975 03-20-2007 02:44 PM

Good to know. Now these skins you guys are taking about do you buy them seperate cause the ones I have in the box say nothing about skins. Just wondering!

OK I got ya I know what skins are I do really.............

katwomankc 03-20-2007 02:45 PM

Has Anyone Ever Tried Crockpot Meals? There Also Great

One Of My Making Amends Process Is Cooking For Hubby.

katwomankc 03-20-2007 02:53 PM

Hi Kj
Skins On The Potatoes... Lol... Anyhow I Dont Know What To Do With Instant Potatoes...lol

helpus 03-20-2007 02:57 PM

Last night I made my meatloaf. I mix lean gr beef, onions, quick cooking oats, parmesan cheese,egg , tomatoe sause & worchishire sauce. Any seaonings that might be lying around. The I divide it in half, place 1/2 in the bottom of a pan, put in green peppers, mushrooms, mozerella & anything else in the fridge that looks good. Then put the other 1/2 on sealing the edges. Bake for about 50 min then top w more sause & mozerella & bake 10 more min. It's pretty good.

tinkertrain 03-20-2007 02:59 PM

My daughter just called me at work to ask if she could cook dinner tonight. Who would pass that up? So I guess what is on our menu is Chicken Parmesan. It always amazes me how each time I visit this forum, what is happening to me seems to be happening to others at the same time.

kj0975 03-20-2007 03:03 PM

That almost sounds like a meatloaf I could cook. Last time I cooked on well lets just say it was pizza and wing night again. I put Uncle ralph magic sauce with ketchup and its great for the top. Next time your at wegmans see if they have that I love it, its good on everything even chicken wings!

Brownie 03-20-2007 03:24 PM

Hi txsunflower - SNAPPY CHICKEN (I follow recipe loosely ie More cranberry)
Sliced Onion 1 cup
Skinless chicken thighs 12
Whole Cranberry Sauce 1 cup
Beef Bouillon powder 1 Tablespoon
Cider Vinegar 1 Teaspoon
Prepared Mustard 1 Teaspoon
Salt 1 & 1/2 Teaspoons
Place onion in 5 quart slow cooker. Arrange chicken thighs over onion.
Combine cranberry sauce, bouillon powder, vinegar, mustard and salt in bowl. Mix well. Spoon over chicken being sure to get some on every piece. Cover. Cook on Low 6 to 8 hours or on High 3 to 4 hours.