SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   lunch boxes and dinner menu (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/118806-lunch-boxes-dinner-menu.html)

teke 03-20-2007 04:26 PM

ok yall, i guess it was spes'getti, and shaled nite, and i get back here and yall got meatloaf. who pulled the swittch?

kj0975 03-20-2007 04:54 PM

I had chicken french yummy dont worry I didnt cook it and I'm pretty sure it didnt come from a box well for the price it better not have. Alrighty Anvil I will take the cooking lessons, but remember who your student is :) Might take ALOT of time.

mythreesons 03-21-2007 06:05 AM

Trader Joe's 20 minute meal section has changed my life! Easy and healthy! I love to cook but with a 5, 3 and 1 year old as my dinner mates and a husband who works nights, I realized I was killing myself for no reason.

I think I gotta try that meatloaf recipe though, yum!

katwomankc 03-21-2007 07:43 AM

man anvil that sounded terrific.... yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
and mythreesons i love trader joes thats where i am going to pick up our sweet and sour chicken tonite..... thanks for letting me post

cinderellawkids 03-21-2007 12:27 PM

So whats the plan for tonite you all?
Im doing my crockpot pork chops that came up a week or so ago when KJ was working on......
...was it a roaast?

rahsue 03-21-2007 12:50 PM

tonights menu consist of roast beef, mashed potatoes ,pickled beets and broccolli
I will definately try that cranberry chicken that sounds great

OurBigSecret 03-21-2007 01:54 PM

Tonight it's Country Captain Chicken made in the crock pot!
I have no idea how it will taste since I've never made it before but it sounds good! lol
There's chicken and green peppers, mushrooms, onions, diced tomatoes, some other good stuff and a bunch of spices. Let's hope it comes out good!
I love cooking in the crock pot and my new favorite cookbooks are these Favorite Brand Name Simple 1-2-3 cookbooks. They really are simple and have good pictures of the dishes and pictures of the simple ingredients (another plus!). I've been trying lots of new recipes lately. Most of them good! lol

teke 03-21-2007 01:59 PM

i'm thinking cube steak for tonight, hope i don't change my mind, if so it will be hot dogs.LOL

katwomankc 03-21-2007 03:38 PM

Ok Here You All Are Makeing Me Hungry Again,,, I Am Thinking Of Picking Up Some Frozen Orange Chicken And Stir Frying It With Rice.

Dont Know Yet.... But You All Are Sure Making Me Hungryyyyy,..

kim1973berly 03-21-2007 03:45 PM

Hey guys. Well for lunch it was pizza rolls and popcorn. I am a stay at home mom, so no packing. That wasn't very good.
But for dinner it was stir-fried red and green peppers and onions and stir-fry veggies with some steak ans homemade stir fry sauce over rice. RAH and I thought that it was delicious, the kids wouldn't touch it. Go figure, if it comes out of a red box and says banquet and tastes like pepper and ricecakes, they will eat it. But anything with real flavor, they turn up their noses. Have a wonderful night, I'll come back and read what went on with everyone after the kids are bed.

kj0975 03-21-2007 06:52 PM

I was going to post a recipe up that I can cook and it has left my mind its gone. I hope it comes back cause its the only good think I can do.oh ok I got it now. They are called garbage plates and they are yummy! What you do is take 2 hot dogs the big ones zwiegles if you have them or burgers. Then make a hot meat sauce. Make mac salad, beans or homefries. Put the mac salad on the plate with the beans or homefries. Then toss the burgers or hots on top of those things cover in the meat sauce and with onions and mustard!!!!! DROOLING they are the best things ever and simple so I can cook them. We are known for our garbage plates around here. So there is my lunch tomorrow!

cinderellawkids 03-22-2007 06:25 AM

damn expensive, but still not as much as we would have spent on dope and beer!!!!
Thats why my husband and I laugh at everyones faces when we share that we eat lobster claws and crab legs as an appetizer with almost every meal. SO we spend $40 to $60 a week just on that, its much cheaper than the alternative and we go to sleep witha smile on our faces

kj0975 03-22-2007 06:26 AM

That sounds good its almost fishing season here and I cant wait for fresh perch its the only fish I like. I put a little bit of bacon in my potato salad its wonderful! Did I just give a cooking tip?

cmc 03-22-2007 06:45 AM

You guys made me so hungry reading this thread yesterday, that I broke down and finally went grocery shopping!!!
Our dinner last night was T-Bone steak sauted in olive oil with some garlic; micowaved 'baked' sweet potatoes; fresh green beans (nuked too) and blueberry pie for dessert! No recipes involved and we loved it! yum!
I'm going to try that cranberry chicken recipe- it sounds good to me!
Tonight will be spaghetti (canned Hunts with mushrooms), some fresh yellow squash and 'garlic bread' made with pumpernickel, canola oil/butter and garlic powder.

cinderellawkids 03-22-2007 06:51 AM

cmc, sounds yummy. I always add a can of dice tomoatos to my hunts sauce and simmer it a little long

helpus 03-22-2007 10:33 AM

Tonights menu consits of hubby eatting left over stuffed pepers & I'm meeting friends for drinks & munchies at Champs. (kj might know where that is..Eastview)