SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Officially will be out on Wednesday! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/358737-officially-will-out-wednesday.html)

Rosiepetal 02-09-2015 03:58 PM

Yay, I'm very happy for you.
Stressful moving but this is new beginnings & happy ones too. :)

lizatola 02-09-2015 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by SeriousKarma (Post 5188508)
My STBXAH came by the other day after spending time with our daughter, and hung out for a bit like he normally does. It was nice. I gave him some food. We talked about some stuff. He was here about two hours. A bit longer then normal, which was fine, but after about an hour or so I started thinking "When is he going to leave so I can have my lovely home all to myself. Come on dude. Leeeeeeeeaaaaaaaavvvvvveeeeeee."

I loved being married, but being single has it's perks too. Namely, being queen of my own castle.

Welcome to the club Queen Lizzy!

Funny, but I thought AH was going to be gone tonight as he is traveling to CA. For the past 3 years he always has left on Monday and come back on Thursday. Well, for some unknown reason he is leaving TOMORROW!!! UGH! I am still packing up small stuff, organizing things, getting ready to go clean over at the new house tomorrow, and he's sitting here watching me fly around the house doing stuff. It's quite uncomfortable.....

I am so tired and worn out and I feel like I am fighting fear at every turn. Doing my best to stay positive. I think being tired just doesn't help and I am so behind in my organizational stuff and half my stuff is here and half is at the new place, etc.

Temporary problem, I know, but still.......just tired.

SeriousKarma 02-09-2015 05:40 PM

That sounds horribly awkward. Are you afraid he's going to do something? Do you think he changed his plans on purpose?

I don't know what time zone you're in, but can you get a friend to come over and help out? Back you up and break the tension?

If not, just keep your eye on the prize. You'll be out soon enough Q.L., and it's going to be great. In the meantime I'm sending you thoughts of positive energy, and him thoughts of soft fuzzy blankets, and sleepy-time lullabies in the hopes that he drifts off to sleep.

In the meantime, stay safe.

lizatola 02-10-2015 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by SeriousKarma (Post 5192070)
That sounds horribly awkward. Are you afraid he's going to do something? Do you think he changed his plans on purpose?

I don't know what time zone you're in, but can you get a friend to come over and help out? Back you up and break the tension?

If not, just keep your eye on the prize. You'll be out soon enough Q.L., and it's going to be great. In the meantime I'm sending you thoughts of positive energy, and him thoughts of soft fuzzy blankets, and sleepy-time lullabies in the hopes that he drifts off to sleep.

In the meantime, stay safe.

I have friends coming tonight to help me move some small stuff and some yard stuff that I don't want in my car. Movers come tomorrow to help me move the dresser, bed, some bookcases, and about 20-30 boxes of last items.

I think he changed his plans because of his tennis schedule. That always takes precedence over work, LOL. He left at 4 AM this morning so I've got the house to myself and have to get over to my new home to welcome the cable people and the furniture delivery. I hope they are all timely because I still have a lot of packing to do today. I just cleaned out my pantry here and I need at least 3 more boxes packed, UGH! I seriously doubt that AH will know what to do with Hungarian Paprika or with miso broth!

transformyself 02-10-2015 04:47 PM

Hahhahhhah! LOVE This!! No such thing as coincidence Girl. Go Liz, GO!

Florence 02-11-2015 05:13 AM

Liz, you sound like a whole new person. It looks good on you.

:)

CodeJob 02-11-2015 05:17 AM

today is your Day Liz! :shine8pl:

LexieCat 02-11-2015 05:37 AM

Yup, it's LizDay! Hope everything goes GREAT.

transformyself 02-11-2015 05:51 AM

Thinking about and praying for you on this auspicious day of RELEASE

I'm moving tomorrow, but we launched a media campaign this week and I am doing media interviews back to back.

I decided to look at it this way: This is not a problem. Let's look at the positive side of things (something I know has saved me)
I love my work
All the work I've been doing for the past ten years is culminating right now so yeah, it's perfect timing
So what if I'm in heels, packing before running to the TV station, practicing talking points while throwing out everything I don't need?

Sure I won't get much sleep, but I'm going to look GREAT while I'm moving out :c010:

SeriousKarma 02-11-2015 06:01 AM

Get that internet hooked up fast, Lizzy, so you can give us an update. And get those pots and pans unpacked so you can put that Hungarian Paprika and Miso Broth to good use.

Happy Moving DaY!!!!!

(Transformmyself-Good Luck tomorrow!)

FeelingGreat 02-11-2015 06:03 AM

Congratulations; it will be worth the strain and tiredness. You have a wonderful future ahead of you.

Refiner 02-11-2015 06:14 AM

Today is THE DAY!!!!! Good luck and Godspeed and enjoy your NEW SPACE/HOME!

firebolt 02-11-2015 08:39 AM

Sending you strength and positivity today - congrats on your new life!!!

lillamy 02-11-2015 09:02 AM

I hope all goes well today, Liza -- and that you will feel the same relief and joy and freedom that I did when I moved into my own apartment!!!!

hopeful4 02-11-2015 09:43 AM

Happy Moving Day!!!!!

FireSprite 02-11-2015 11:19 AM

Adding more positive thoughts for you on this BIG DAY!!

(((((HUGS)))))) & Congrats!!!

Kboys 02-11-2015 11:55 AM

I'm happy to hear that!
Enjoy!!

lizatola 02-11-2015 08:12 PM

Hey everybody!!

Thanks for all the positive vibes today! I could feel them working during the day. It was a long day, not so much stressful but just physically exhausting.

We are in the house (99%) done, just need to go back tomorrow to get groceries, clean out some of my son's stuff since his packing job wasn't up to par today, and grab my houseplants.

My pup is enjoying exploring his new house. He's christened the yard, had some food in his new kitchen, and is prancing around throwing his toys in every which way.

I forgot that I was getting a queen bed delivered and neglected to buy a bed set, LOL. I have sheets so I'll have to grab the blanket off the guest bed. No big deal.

Also, the TV I am using is a 32 inch that was given to me as a gift, but my family room is HUGE and we can barely see the screen from the couch. I think I'll have to invest in a bigger screen soon.

Cable and internet work. Neighborhood seems quiet. We'll see how the first night goes!

Stung 02-11-2015 09:20 PM

Congrats, Liz! Sounds fabulous! :)

Hawkeye13 02-12-2015 04:55 AM

Just sending you happy :ringhousewarming wishes Liz