SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Officially will be out on Wednesday! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/358737-officially-will-out-wednesday.html)

lizatola 02-07-2015 06:34 AM

Officially will be out on Wednesday!

I have been in the process of moving out for the past week. I had to order new furniture for both my son and I. I had been sleeping on a full guest bed that was terribly uncomfortable and living out of boxes in the closet and under the bed because I didn't have a dresser.

So, I bought new furniture and mattresses for ds and myself. AH was not pleased because he wants new furniture, too, go figure. I told him that if he had moved out last year like I asked him to, then maybe he could have bought the new furniture AND there's nothing stopping him from buying new stuff now.

I found 2 beautiful high end black sofas for $600 total!!! The movers will be able to pick them up on Wednesday as the couple selling them just happen to live along the route from old house to new.....crazy coincidence!

The owners of my rental have left me with a built in desk so I didn't need to bring one or buy one, a HUGE wall entertainment system with shelves and lit cabinets, and TV stand, a console table that is perfect in the kitchen, AND a dining table. Oh, and organized shelving in the laundry area, too!

The owner is a landscape architect and did some really cool stuff in the backyard and my son wants to pick the guys brain about design and building stuff. The guy also is an amateur photographer and they left a garage wall filled with some of his framed photos. We told them it was OK to leave them since we liked them so much.

I love the new house and feel like I can breathe every time I walk in. I go back to the old house and feel stifled.

We are at a tennis tournament this weekend so I only have 2 more nights at that house before we are officially moved in. AH will be out of town on the days that I do the big move stuff like the guest bed, the lawn chairs I'm taking, 3 bookcases, and a few small decorative end tables, etc. They also will take my bigger boxes like large kitchen items and heavy books.

I still feel like I have a ton to do. We're working on the taxes, getting stuff ready for the mediator for the 17th meeting, and just getting a new house set up is stressful.
So, with all that going on, guess what AH asks me to do: He asks me to go to the Lexus dealership to get an after market key cut for him and to use my feminine ways (ahem, show cleavage) to see if they will do it for me because they won't do it for him! Seriously????? Can he NOT see that I am in the middle of MOVING and still homeschooling our son, still managing the tennis schedule, still keeping care of OUR house and the dog, and packing, and settling things, and opening new bank accounts, and spending an hour on the phone with the cable company.....Not to mention that just the way he said it was.....UGH, I just don't have words.

So, wish me luck friends. It's going to be an interesting ride! AH is working on getting the money to buy me out of my equity in the house and he is working on refinance paperwork, too. Things are moving forward. Thankfully, my new house is 2 miles away from him (a 7-8 min drive) and just far enough away for me to create space but still close enough to grab my son if there are problems or if he needs me.

Duckygirl1 02-07-2015 07:15 AM

WELL DONE!!! May the road raise up to meet you dear one! So happy for you!

LexieCat 02-07-2015 07:19 AM

Congrats, Liz! Your new place sounds awesome!

I remember when my kids (6 and 8) came to see "Mom's new apartment" a week or two before I was officially moved in. I had a new sofa, which was about the only thing in the living room) (pretty, comfy, and on sale at Macy's--about the only NEW piece of furniture I bought). My then 6-y/o ran over and did this leap onto the sofa, landing on his back. He crossed his legs, folded his hands under his head, and squeaked, "Man, it doesn't get any better than this!"

53500 02-07-2015 07:54 AM

Sounds great, Liz! I love this:

I told him that if he had moved out last year like I asked him to, then maybe he could have bought the new furniture AND there's nothing stopping him from buying new stuff now.
It is too funny he complained about the furniture and you had to *remind* him of these things. He will just have to manage to get his own key to the car, too (eye roll).

Enjoy your new place.

maia1234 02-07-2015 09:37 AM

Welcome to the "club". The club no one wants to be in but are put in. Your life will be so much better. I love my new home, and the peace it brings. Don't get me wrong, you will have bad days, but those bad days are so much better than the bad days with the A.

Withdrawling from our Addicts is hard, but I think that you are way over the hump!!

Congratulations Liz!!

Hawkeye13 02-07-2015 09:40 AM

Congrats Liz from me too.

You have come a long long way in recovery since you first started posting here--

Your new digs sounds fantastic and I'm glad you got yourself some nice stuff :)

ShootingStar1 02-07-2015 10:16 AM

Congrats and hallelujah!!!!!!

ShootingStar1

TonightTonight 02-07-2015 10:58 AM

Fantastic!!! There's so much hope and light in your post - and relief!

Seren 02-07-2015 11:05 AM

Your new place sounds like a haven of peace for you and your son...wonderful, wonderful news!!

lillamy 02-07-2015 12:46 PM

This makes me very, very happy, Liz.
And this:

I found 2 beautiful high end black sofas for $600 total!!! The movers will be able to pick them up on Wednesday as the couple selling them just happen to live along the route from old house to new.....crazy coincidence!
I predict you'll see a lot of those crazy coincidences. My experience is that's what happens when you're on a good path -- the universe tends to align to encourage you... :)

NWGRITS 02-07-2015 03:21 PM

I'm happy dancing over here for you. If I didn't look so ridiculous, I'd take a video and post it. :p

lizatola 02-07-2015 08:41 PM

Thanks everyone! I truly appreciate the support here!

Mango blast 02-07-2015 08:53 PM

Liz,

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I'm so happy for you! You deserve every good thing that comes your way. :)

ktf

SeriousKarma 02-07-2015 09:46 PM

My STBXAH came by the other day after spending time with our daughter, and hung out for a bit like he normally does. It was nice. I gave him some food. We talked about some stuff. He was here about two hours. A bit longer then normal, which was fine, but after about an hour or so I started thinking "When is he going to leave so I can have my lovely home all to myself. Come on dude. Leeeeeeeeaaaaaaaavvvvvveeeeeee."

I loved being married, but being single has it's perks too. Namely, being queen of my own castle.

Welcome to the club Queen Lizzy!

MsPINKAcres 02-09-2015 09:57 AM

hope the new place is happy, joyous and pinkfully free for you always !

wishing you the best!

Stung 02-09-2015 10:06 AM

So excited for you and your son, Liz!!!

SadInTX 02-09-2015 10:06 AM

wow. you are so brave and strong...congratulations on your new place. and a new beginning...

Florence 02-09-2015 10:52 AM

:You_Rock_

hopeful4 02-09-2015 11:02 AM

Yay! This is great news! Good luck on your move and enjoy your new place!

firebolt 02-09-2015 11:25 AM

So happy for you and your boy, Liz! CONGRATS!!